SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

View attachment 71858

Mr Brocklewurst - Rocnel SE-50

Enter Lord Rocnel

A bit of break here from the general storyline as I really want to know who this jerk is who published a video on the web entitled 'The world's most dangerous razor'. It becomes obvious the man is clown shoes and shouldn't be placing any shaving videos on the web as the man knows little about the subject. Yes this razor ain't fluffy and it ain't friendly, but take your time, get it right, take it easy and probably the closest smoothest shave one could ever wish for. It is a God among a few other Gods.

It did its swishing act to aplomb and delivered one heavenly close and smooth finish in two passes. WTG and ATG. I just couldn't see any reason to go into yet another pass as there was bugger all left to shift. Except a couple of layers of skin, and that wouldn't have enamoured the ladies too much. The term 'red faced' might have taken a whole new meaning. As it was, not one drop of blood shed in the name of love and only perfection remained.
I knew you would get there, a match made in heaven that - SE50 & SF
:love:
I still love watching that video.

Enjoyable shave with my Lund near wedge today - I think somewhere I’d read that John & Wm Ragg made these for Lunds. I don’t know but they are wonderful razors. (y)

Hot water preparation
Argan Oil PSO
Savile Row 3824
Ethos Lisse Collection Lavender Shave Soap
Lund near wedge 11/16, er 17.4625mm
AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

7A6781C6-B806-4B96-97E0-881C2E45E18F.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

Prep: Shower and PAA cube unscented.

Pre: PAA cube

Soap: Cowshed bullocks smooth shaving cream

Brush: Yaqi lucky dice

Razor: Pearl Flexi

Blade: Persona Viking Sword

Post: Alum, Baxter’s of California Shave Tonic and Baxter’s aftershave balm.

My first attempt at lathering this was a disappointment but I realised I hadn’t used quite enough or lathered long enough, after a longer lather and adding a little more cream created a lovely double cream like lather with a great dark citrus kick, almost verging on lemongrass, (although it supposed to have lemon and orange peel in). The Flexi just handled beautifully and it gave a fabulously efficient shave. I finished with 3 passes with my alum, Baxter’s balm and a splash of L’eau D’issey complemented it brilliantly.

Attachments

• AB0BFAF4-5911-413A-9664-F94F2FE29E26.jpeg
    AB0BFAF4-5911-413A-9664-F94F2FE29E26.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 3
Fri 18 SOTD
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Atlantis
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Wetell Super Stainless 4th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + HeV CCC Balm
Awesomely aromatic cigarish/cognac scent from this soap! Today's lather was great...creamy and very slick...
Shave with the razor paired with the blade was nice, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs/dfs result without any issues. Aftershaves were fantastic.
20210618_093257.jpg

Zll2uV5.jpg

201855706_165154468925106_3433032398576593459_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Stirling Hipster
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic`
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (3)

Another faff-free shave. I'm rather enjoying the simplicity of recent shaves, and I think this is largely driven by confidence in the components. The Merkur has been a dream to shave with since I picked it up from the Emporium, and as usual the Voskhod delivered. That's the Stirling soap just about finished - a decent run considering it was one of their sample pucks that I picked up last year. Not sure if I'll rush back to Stirling while there are so many more brands to try, but it's served me well.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Friday 18th June 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower \ Baxter’s Face Scrub
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Wilderness Vegan Soap
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: FaTip Lo Storto
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (2)
Post Shave ASL: Pinaud - Classic Vanilla
Post Shave Balm: Baxters
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Ok so today was my first ever shave with a slant, namely the Lo Storto, what an absolute delight, just took to it immediately, I was wizzing around my face on 3 passes, really noticed how much easier the ATG pass was, ended up with a FF/BBS Shave yet again.

My only question is now how to decide what razor to use out of my 4 as I seem to be a able get a great shave with all 4 of them now :)

The new P&B Vegan Soap was great, a stronger scent than the Lavandula one, a nice juniper scent, tons of residual slickness left after a pass, easy to face lather after 15 seconds of load up.

Have a good day all.

Joe

1D35ABA4-EC3C-4C1C-96AB-ABEE700434FB.jpeg

18/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #4, #4, #3
Blade: PERSONNA Platinum Chrome (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
Wk24 (7).JPG
Getting the hang of this razor now, to finish off the Pearl Flexi week i bowl lathered the Signature soap Vectis in my Bideford pottery bowl as it suits the large SBB 26mm silvertip knot, resulting in massive amounts of the good stuff, the grapefruit seems to the fore today, very nice.
I set the razor on #4 after yesterdays success and i wanted to push it a bit, i completed the WTG pass, on this setting i am definitely getting a little more blade feel, not too much and very manageable. A quick check to find it had done a fine job, the blade feeling very smooth and comfortable, i left it on #4 to complete the ATG, again very smooth and comfortable with that hint of blade feel. I dialed it down to #3 as after a check i still required the XTG on the cheeks, chin and top lip. Very smooth. i think i have found a compatible blade for me. Very happy with that.
I know i have the Valentia splash in the photo, however, a last minute change of mind resulted in a Barts Balm Lime face massage and then i reached to the back of the splash shelf and pulled out the Vintage 4711, fantastic.
Right then, a rest for the PFA until it goes up against my other adjustable's and the Blackland shaves will resume next week.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

18/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap: Signature Soap Vectis
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #4, #4, #3
Blade: PERSONNA Platinum Chrome (2)
Post shave: Cold water splash, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Vintage Ferd. Mülhens Vintage 4711 EDC
View attachment 71894
Getting the hang of this razor now, to finish off the Pearl Flexi week i bowl lathered the Signature soap Vectis in my Bideford pottery bowl as it suits the large SBB 26mm silvertip knot, resulting in massive amounts of the good stuff, the grapefruit seems to the fore today, very nice.
I set the razor on #4 after yesterdays success and i wanted to push it a bit, i completed the WTG pass, on this setting i am definitely getting a little more blade feel, not too much and very manageable. A quick check to find it had done a fine job, the blade feeling very smooth and comfortable, i left it on #4 to complete the ATG, again very smooth and comfortable with that hint of blade feel. I dialed it down to #3 as after a check i still required the XTG on the cheeks, chin and top lip. Very smooth. i think i have found a compatible blade for me. Very happy with that.
I know i have the Valentia splash in the photo, however, a last minute change of mind resulted in a Barts Balm Lime face massage and then i reached to the back of the splash shelf and pulled out the Vintage 4711, fantastic.
Right then, a rest for the PFA until it goes up against my other adjustable's and the Blackland shaves will resume next week.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Thank you for your support this week, it means a lot.

Back
Top Bottom