SOTD : Saturday 12th June to Friday 18th June 2021.

201167476_1052999338438114_607573300473451740_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Today's shave was - in the words of that annoying little Russian oligarch rat - Simples. And that's exactly what was needed. Did I really need to follow the Mogno/Brut combo with a balm. Not really - the smell and finish was perfect without, but when you've bought that many damn tubes of Baxter's it makes sense to use them at every opportunity. Tune in next week for tips on Cooking with Baxter's, Cleaning with Baxter's and Arts and Crafts with Baxter's :rolleyes:o_O

Thursday's shave

P&B Wilderness
Simpson M7
Koraat 13/16 near wedge
Floris Elite ASL & EDT

First use of the new P&B soap, it lathered well with a pleasant cedarwood scent but I found the residual slickness lacking (compared to SV). Overall a very good shave though.

Beautiful Razor Mark , you made some lovely choices with it. Thank you for your view on the P and B Soap , thats very helpful.

View attachment 71832
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Mogno
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Today's shave was - in the words of that annoying little Russian oligarch rat - Simples. And that's exactly what was needed. Did I really need to follow the Mogno/Brut combo with a balm. Not really - the smell and finish was perfect without, but when you've bought that many damn tubes of Baxter's it makes sense to use them at every opportunity. Tune in next week for tips on Cooking with Baxter's, Cleaning with Baxter's and Arts and Crafts with Baxter's :rolleyes:o_O
The Legend that is @Boycie83 will be most pleased with the Mogno in a box.

Today’s shave , after a warm shower
Soap ……. Saponificio Varesino 70th
Brush. …… Beehive/ maggards shd 2 band fan
Razor. …… Rockwell 6s (5)
Blade ……. GSB. (3)
Post ……... Alum, Hot/ cold rinse
Asb. …….. Baxters
Edc. …….. Aqua Brava

Clean and tidy , smelling good….. Happy
Stay safe, keep smiling :)
0CD371CE-E759-4761-83F7-D254D58A8C74.jpeg

17/06/21
Pre: Shower, Cold water Face Rinse
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap: Signature Soap Valentia
Razor: Pearl Flexi Adjustable #2.75. - #2 - #2.75
Blade: PERSONNA Platinum Chrome (1)
Post shave: Cold water rinse, TC's Infused Witch Hazel
Balm: TC's Vetiver & Clary Sage infused Argan Oil Balm
Aftershave: Signature Soap Valentia
Wk24 (6).JPG
The PFA really likes this blade!
A wonderful lather today, although, i did find the scent a bit milder than the previous choices this week, it goes without saying @BrianH creates a "wonderful lather".
The Pearl set @2.75 was giving a little cutting indication at the start then quickly smoothed out, by the end of the WTG pass it was as smooth as butter. I dialed the razor down to #2 for the XTG pass, again, using short strokes the pass was smooth and irritation free, then back up to 2.75 to complete the ATG pass :-
That is the best shave experience i have had this week, smooth and comfortable - Yes The Pearl FA likes this Personna blade, typically i don't have many of these! I hope it likes a Med Prep?
A very nice post shave leaving me BBS, comfortable, smelling pretty good and making me a very happy shaver.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
IMG_20210617_100845-01small.jpeg

A simple shave with this lovely load of “stuff.” I know I’m mixing my Phoenix and Beau scents but they’re all good. Nice and smooth with that new Feather blade. The Trafalgar splash is sooooo good!

Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Razor: Feather ASD2
Blade: Feather (1)
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion
Brush: Simpson’s Milk Churn
Pre-shave: PAA Cube
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

17 June

Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Semogue SOC
Feather AS-D1
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

A7B83131-925A-410B-84FE-C37E050A738D.jpeg

The Semogue boar brush produced a great lather, twice, as it also continues to kill the lather between passes. I enjoy lathering up and face lathering, so not a deal breaker. Good shave with the Feather combo on its fourth outing.

Scrap that - I've just realised it's the new AC blade that Connaught have. I feel so lucky that so far the lure of this area of shaving has eluded me!
You're missing out. My shaves up to using the Prospoon were epic
Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 17th June 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol"
Soap: P&B Lavendula Vegan Soap
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RR GameChanger .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - BlueIce
Post Shave Balm: P&B Spitfire
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Today was meant to be my first shave with a slant as shown in the picture (Fatip Lo Storto), but I found the top cap and top of the base plate to be pitted, so that will hopefully be winging its way back shaving station soon, the RR GC .84 stood in faithfully for me and with the perma-sharp delivered another FF/BBS Shave :)

The new P&B Vegan Soap was very nice to use, a subtle scent, tons of residual slickness left after a pass, easy to face lather after 15 seconds of load up.

Damm it, I just realised I stuck it in a tin, It's just I prefer not having a soggy box, sorry @Boycie83 :)

Have a good day all.

Joe

View attachment 71831
I accept this on this occasion due to the environmental benefits

17 June 2021 - Early this morning, been manic
Prep: Shower
Pre: Nivea stubble moisturiser
Brush: Omega boar bristle - cheap one I bought both Dad's for Sunday
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Personna Platinum
Post: Stirling unscented Balm followed by Executive Man aftershave splash

Pretty similar to my last shave, I think I may have to apologise to both dad's on Sunday, the brush was very, very thirsty and swallowed soap galore, only just lathering nicely.
Smell great though.

Back
Top Bottom