SOTD : Saturday 12th February-Friday 18th February 2022.

20220215_100555.jpg
SOTD 14th Feb
Brush - Yaqi Giotto 24mm
Soap - Stirling Hipster
Razor- Parker 65r
Blade - Rapira Super Stainless #2
Post - Mennen Skin Bracer & Musgo Real balm

Recently rediscovered this razor. Its pretty efficient (6c on R4 plate-ish) and smooth with the appropriate blade.
The soap and post shave scents were classy and sophisticated and great performers.
3 passes on 2 days growth resulted in a near BBS - an enjoyable shave.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Tuesday
The shavette that I ordered arrived yesterday, so, pass 1 today was done using the Parker R31 with an Astra green halved and loaded. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to go in at the deep end, so instead of forking out for a straight and all of the extras and faff of honing and stropping, I plumped for less than £15 for this. Took me that long to do pass 1, (which was nick and slice free) that I had to switch to yesterday's slim so I could get working. I think I need to practice quite a bit before I start to get the hang of it! I had a bit of trouble on my left side as I could see feck all and when I switched to left handed was positive the wife would think of tried to commit hari-kari if I'd continued.
My neck also feels quite tender and the burn of my splash was off the charts compared to a usual shave. This points to absolutely shite technique.
Maybe this is a Sunday morning thing where I can take my time and go even slower and see if I can actually manage to get rid of the stubble!

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_095148__01.jpg
    IMG_20220215_095148__01.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 7
Tuesday SOTD

c8Mbh2q.png

Gillette ‘46-’47 Aristocrat / Nacet
Elite Orange over Irish Bog Oak 28mm Boar
Fine Platinum in vintage mug / Fine Platinum Aftershave

15/02/22
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1
Soap - Signature Soap Eboracum
Razor - Feather ACSR-RBL
Blade - Feather Pro Guard (5)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green
Wk07 (4).JPG
I was looking forward to this shave with the new Feather SR, it seems very smooth, similar to the SS, definitely in-between the DX and SS and slightly different to the Kai Captain, i will need more run time with it. So far its nice to use, it feels secure in the hand in use, with this Guarded blade seems very forgiving.
2 passes and some touch up for a close, comfortable finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Themed 'The Nutcracker and other painful dances', I herby present you with last night's SOTD.

20220215_064706.jpg

The loss of face dance - Ikon B1

The danger here is not falling off the rope, but from the loss of dignity due to the onlookers below.

The turbulent tuba dance - Polsilver Lodz

Too much thigh and the danger of falling on to a large horn.

La syphilis sylphide dance - Alpha Wickhams Arctic Fox

Involves standing a safe distance from your partner

The clean underwear dance - Murdock's Avalon

If you are going to put everything on display make sure it is well laundered

From dangerous dances to dangerous razors and the Ikon B1 facial ballet. A full three passè involving a few swift and carefully executed pirouettes, an echappè or two (Keeps you on your toes. Dangerous fuckers these Ikons) and a glissade as the blade glides around the chin with perfect balance and effortless movement. Sweet, perfect and a beautiful assemble of de-fluffing. A ballet free of the old red, although I doubt many ballets include a blood bath routine.

Another bit of sadness as the Avalon takes yet another hit on the contents. One day there will be naff all left and it will be confined to the vaults of the unobtanium. :cry:

A big smiley shave and I am dancing in the aisles. Not as though I can dance and look more like an octopus with a nervous disposition. But at least it was a shave free of cracking my nuts and swans called Luke.

1644936544194.png

And you can have a very appropriately titled song from those trashy snazzy Bed-in girls. Enjoy. I always do

It actually was pretty good. Most I have seen have been Ballet School tours....this was the Royal Ballet and was impressive. I would probably go to another screening. Always sure to get the best angles although at the end of the day just another cinema visit. The live experience was missing.

I was kind of brought up with ballet as my great friend and cousin was a student at the Royal School of and I used to attend quite a few of her performances. In return she shared my punk side of life.

When she got the all clear of breast cancer she took me to see the Undertones.

I never danced fortunately

Back
Top Bottom