SOTD : Saturday 11th - Friday 17th May 2019

Sunday 12th May 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / The Real Shaving Company Face Scrub / Nivea Sensitive Face Wash / Proraso Pre-shave cream / Hot flannel to the face
Brush:- Stirling Soap Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- RazoRock XXX Soap
Razor/Blade:- Claymore / Schick Proline (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Floid Vigoroso aftershave / Bart's Balm Spearmint balm

94dabadd880c04a142057e416875fcb8.jpg

No words needed really, other than a sublime shave.

Have a great Sunday folks! [emoji1303]

Date:- 12 May 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Muhle Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/60mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Merchant of Tobacco
Razor/Blade:- Colonial General SS / Schick Proline P-30 #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

OMG!! I've missed my Colonial General so much, glad to bring this baby out for a shave using the Schick Proline SE blade and the shave is very smooth.

12/5/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - Valobra Menthol Croap
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed/Souplex Bakelite Handle
Blade - Lord Classic (7)
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

All of my brushes have knots of 24mm and a Yaqi synth with a 26mm knot and I've been considering picking up a smaller brush and for today's shave I used my father's Yaqi 22mm Plissoft. The brush has a well set loft and glue bump, it has enough backbone without being floppy and the glue bump isn't too high. I think the loft is about 50mm, but I think it would be a little improved with a slightly higher loft. On the face it definitely felt like it had a lot more control than the 26mm Yaqi synth, which is the most efficient brush I own but can feel a bit too much on the face. The brush created near enough bang on the amount of lather for a 3 pass shave. I'll probably use the brush a few more times before considering buying a 22mm synth for myself.

A rare outing for the menthol Valobra croap. I really do enjoy using Italian croaps but I think this one might of the few I am somewhat indifferent towards. The post shave is pretty good but the lather itself seems to not be as thick or slick as some other soaps in my rotation.

SOTD-12-5-19.jpg

Sotd - yesterday - 11/5/19 -

Razor - Ikon Shavecraft 103 short comb on an Executive Shaving SS handle
blade - Sputnik (3)
brush - Stirling 2 band fan
soap - Williams Icefresh menthol cream
post - witch hazel
a/s - Myrsol Formula K
balm - Barts Peppermint
scent - Eau Sauvage edt.

Result - happy monkey.

Eight day growth coming off - almost Cobra territory but I thought to give the Ikon 103 a crack at it. I'm glad I did - it hasn't been used much for quite a while - I got it a few years ago - it almost always left me with irritated skin - too assertive for me - or so I thought. Wrong - I appear to have become better at shaving my face in the interim - super close and trouble free shave. The Williams cream is a favourite - like Nivea - stupidly good for the cost. Finished off with the continuing minty vibe of Formula K and Barts Peppermint. Hard to think how that could have been better - job done - have fine shaves one and all - yours - I.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
NOS C-MON Blackie Solingen Full Hollow 5/8th ( Freshly Honed )
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Had My Maiden Shave with My Newly Acquired Factory Fresh C - MON Solingen Blackie 5/8th..She Sports a Coticule/Yellow Lake Combo Natural Finisher...I Took Her Off the Yellow Lake Oil Stone around the 17/18 K Mark..An Impeccable Shaver..Top Notch Solingen Steel..
:D

Oh Aye..the Scales are Rather Fancy An All..:ROFLMAO:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed.,:p:p

Billy

Sunday, 12 May 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: D R Harris Almond
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (2)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

The D R Harris cream whipped up to a frothy lather, making for a good start to the day.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, folks.

Sunday evening

TOBS Cedarwood cream
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon SS handle
Gillette Silver Blue
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine Fresh Vetiver

A fine (as it were) shave this evening. The Silver Blues pair very well with the ultra-efficient R41/iKon combination. I thought I'd try another rarely used cream; as I tend to gravitate towards soaps these days. Certainly nice for a change. I may opt for the classic Erasmic cream to keep in the caché sometime; just for variety.

9A75C9EA-0452-4F48-BA2C-BD554CA095F1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom