SOTD : Saturday 11th - Friday 17th May 2019

• Timeless SS OC 0.95
  • Voshkod (2)
  • Prep
  • NOM Black Fiber
  • Stirling - Varen
  • Stirling - Varen AS Balm
  • Lalique Encre Noir
Nice shave, the combination of the Varen and the Encre Noir is a succes, i expect the kind of smell of the Varen to be a nice combination with some menthol, it makes (if the Gin & Tonic / G&T on the Rocks from Stirling are a good example) the smell that much more vibrant, hmm maybe i should experiment with a small pepper mill and some menthol crystals.

SOTD 20190513.

hUpFS0G.jpg

J&T® mansonia wood / OUMO Brush Motherlode.
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" shaving cream.
Vintage Gillette NEW (SC, made in USA) / custom handle.
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge (7).
Crabtree&Evelyn "Moroccan Myrrh" ASB.

Mon 13th May

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Lea Classic soap
King Cobra with Kalyon handle
Schick Proline [ 2 ]
Lea Classic A/S

I like most find that the King Cobra feels quite large compared with other Razors, the shape and handle length make it appear so. Today I probably had the most assured Shave that I have had with it since getting it. A very pleasant Monday shave after quite a busy weekend
officiating on both days. A very nice Lather meant the Shave was not only smooth and comfortable, but a satisfyingly close all round shave was attained.

IMG_0490.jpg

Last edited:
Monday 13th May

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
Stirling Texas on Fire Soap
Yaqi Metal 24mm Timberwolf Synthetic Brush
Ikon X3 on a Bulldog with an Astra SP
Alum and Rinse
Stirling Texas on Fire Witch Hazel and Aloe

No nod to GOT this week as Winter seems to have come and gone! I love the sent of Texas on Fire but haven't used it for ages. It reminds me of the hot dry summer of last year when the mountain behind my house smouldered for quite a few months
3 passes for a Face Feeling Finish:)

13/5/19

Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 22mm
Soap - 3P
Razor - Gillette Ball End Tech
Blade - Treet 7 Days
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Cooling
AS - Bens Bay Rum

Second shave with the 22mm Yaqi and despite the handle being on the small side of things, I'm liking the control of a slightly smaller knot. First time using a Treet 7 Days, and it might be the smoothest Treet blade I've used so far.

Back
Top Bottom