SOTD : Saturday 11th - Friday 17th May 2019

Saturday 11th May 2019 AM

Pre-shave:- Hot shower / Stirling Executive Man pre shave oil
Brush:- Stirling Shaving Company Finest Badger
Soap/Cream:- Stirling Executive Man Soap
Razor/Blade:- Focus Dynamic R48 / Gillette 7 o'clock Green Super Stainless (1)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Stirling Executive Man aftershave balm

52a73daf477872a1b1f9244b820c49bf.jpg

My 2nd shave with the Focus Dynamic R48 razor. Loaded it with the 7 o'clock Green blade.

3 incident free passes and a BBS finish. Directly under my nose needs a new angle of attack just to tidy things up. Now I understand where the pressure goes with this razor it's a really good performer.

Stirling Executive Man products are okay. Not brilliant. Just okay.

Have a great weekend folks. [emoji1303]

11/5/19

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - Tabac
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed/Souplex Bakelite Handle
Blade - Lord Classic (6)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

A continued run out with the Yaqi Cobbed head, it's a razor I don't use a huge amount so I thought it could be good to give it a run out for a few days to get a little more familiar with it. It's less aggressive than I thought once I got the correct angle dialled in; it probably took a bit more familiarity with the razor opposed to just using once now and again. A good shave today.

Have a good weekend chaps!

11/05/19

6S,400,Neroli.JPG

Pre: Soap: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Soap: OSP Neroli
Blade: Kai Captain
Razor: Rockwell 6S - R3
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Ralph Lauren Safari

Nice easy 3 pass shave, the RR400 lathering up the OSP Neroli easily to give a fantastic scented velvety, slick cushion for the shave. I have to say the Pears is a great Pre shave base and is as good as the actual pre shave soaps i have, at only 70p a bar it will always be in my routine regularly (y)
No issues with the weight of the 6S simply stroking my face without any pressure.
1st time using the Kai Captain, I like it and will be trying it in other razors, very comfortable BBS shave.
Face calm and smooth well nourished from the Gucci balm, a splash of Safari and ready to chill for the rest of the day.
Enjoy your weekend all.

Last edited:
11/05/19

View attachment 43684

Pre: Soap: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Razorock 400
Soap: Soap: OSP Neroli
Blade: Kai Captain
Razor: Rockwell 6S - R3
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Gucci by Gucci
Aftershave: Ralph Lauren Safari

Nice easy 3 pass shave, the RR400 lathering up the OSP Neroli easily to give a fantastic scented velvety, slick cushion for the shave. I have to say the Pears is a great Pre shave base and is as good as the actual pre shave soaps i have, at only 70p a bar it will always be in my routine regularly (y)
No issues with the weight of the 6S simply stroking my face without any pressure.
1st time using the Kai Captain, I like it and will be trying it in other razors, very comfortable BBS shave.
Face calm and smooth well nourished from the Gucci balm, a splash of Safari and ready to chill for the rest of the day.
Enjoy your weekend all.
I like that AS bottle. I could drink from that!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Saturday AM 2019-05-11

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle with tepid water
Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving cream (v.1)
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2 (Ink Edition)/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (14)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
Acqua di Parma Colonia EdC

Perfect software for a warm morning here. The brush is too small for me, but it's a beauty.
AhgQU3N.jpg

Prep : warm water
Razor : Fatip Grande Gentile
Brush : Proraso (Omega) boar
Blade : Wilkinson Sword
Soap : De Vergulde Hand extra fris
Bowl : De Vergulde Hand
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
After shave : De Vergulde Hand lotion

The bowl was sold with a puck of soap in the early 80s. It's not a big one (approx 9 x 4,5 cm inside) but it has a perfect grip.
IMG_20181119_124506.jpgIMG_20181119_124423.resized.jpg

Saturday, 11 May 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: GFT Violet
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Astra Platinum (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street

A fine weekend shave, which started start my morning trying to get Proms tickets. (And I was successful!)

Enjoy the weekend.

This afternoon saw a shave with the theme 'Flying elephants'

20190511_162850.jpg

Pigs might fly - OneBlade Genesis V1
Fly like a bird - Feather FHS-10
Flying Foxes - Basel the Muhle synthetic in butterscotch
Flying high - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream
Fly by night - ADP Assoluta

Earlier in the morning I had a very pleasant visit from my youngest granddaughter aged two and half. Always great to see her little smiling face first thing and the radiance she brings through the door with her.

'Granddad you're Dumbo' as she toddled in to the house

Early morning food for thought

'Hmmmm?'

It took me back to a conversation some years ago and the question 'If you were reincarnated what would you return as?'

Someone - 'I'd come back as a seagull so I can shit on all those who have shit on me'

'In that case I would return as Disney's flying elephant'

The only consolation being she tells me her older sister is Baby Dumbo. There is hope for the big useless grandfather I must be.

Today's shower and shave was a bit time constrained as being the ever dutiful husband (read mug) I was duty bound to pick my wife up from the railway station after her arduous day writing radio plays in Manchester. Or something like that. I don't ask. Shower and wash using the Apothecary Oils lemon grass soap I have mentioned in the past and if this isn't lemony enough bring on the Blenheim Bouquet cream.

Being this was to be a flying shave (no elephants included) it was essential to reach for a decent cream and the quickest razor on the planet. I will give full marks to the Blenheim Bouquet cream as it fluffs up exceptionally quickly in to a super lather and what a divine scent. It is everything I thought their Blenheim EDC would be......and isn't. For a change the brush duties were handed over to the little Muhle Butterscotch synthetic silver tip. A lovely little brush, but I can see why I much prefer the Razorock. Whereas the Razorock has real grip value the Muhle's non-value lies in its ability to slip and slide in annoyance. Still it did its job as I am not a great brush fiend and don't fret much over this side of the shaving story. It does look pretty though and if I were to marry a brush this would be the one.

A full three passes on a third time out blade. May be this 'one shave per FHS-10' is an urban myth which needs dispelling. I really have to say it performed wonderfully and so much so I have left it in the razor to go for the big four. Oddly I have started to notice that despite its beautiful efficiency the handle is not the easiest to grip and needs dry hands. Instead of charging an additional £1600 for a black version they might have spent less and come up with a handle which actually handles.

In hindsight this shave might have been better delivered wearing a pair of rubber palmed gardening gloves. As it was the towel was working overtime to keep my hands dry and complained like buggery. Eventually the towel threw the towel in.

Just in case I was a little underwhelmed on the lemon front the ADP Assoluta made up for anything lacking here and did its very citrus lemon thing. I came away with more tang and zest than a Jiff.

One brilliantly quick shave with a fantastically smooth outcome and so smooth my little granddaughter is smarting over the fact that my face is as smooth as her much younger bottom. I didn't realise kids were that sensitive. Nothing £10 with the words 'tell your dad to buy you a nice toy today' couldn't bribe my way out of. She does like granddad Chris and that is all that matters. Probably because my mental age is not that far from her own and she finds it easy to relate.

Shaving storage space provided courtesy of HIUT jeans. Having forked out for two pairs of these I simply gave all my other jeans to a charity shop and now they are literally the only pants I have in my life outside of some 3 pairs of more formal wear which I will rarely ever wear. They are something else in material quality, finish and fit and as one can see the pockets are large enough to hold a complete shaving kit. If ever you need to treat yourself because you are a selfish bastard then they should be on your 'I want' list.

A great shave delivered and I wish you all a great weekend and a great week ahead. Get clean, get shaved, get selfish.

This afternoon saw a shave with the theme 'Flying elephants'

View attachment 43687

Pigs might fly - OneBlade Genesis V1
Fly like a bird - Feather FHS-10
Flying Foxes - Basel the Muhle synthetic in butterscotch
Flying high - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream
Fly by night - ADP Assoluta

Earlier in the morning I had a very pleasant visit from my youngest granddaughter aged two and half. Always great to see her little smiling face first thing and the radiance she brings through the door with her.

'Granddad you're Dumbo' as she toddled in to the house

Early morning food for thought

'Hmmmm?'

It took me back to a conversation some years ago and the question 'If you were reincarnated what would you return as?'

Someone - 'I'd come back as a seagull so I can shit on all those who have shit on me'

'In that case I would return as Disney's flying elephant'

The only consolation being she tells me her older sister is Baby Dumbo. There is hope for the big useless grandfather I must be.

Today's shower and shave was a bit time constrained as being the ever dutiful husband (read mug) I was duty bound to pick my wife up from the railway station after her arduous day writing radio plays in Manchester. Or something like that. I don't ask. Shower and wash using the Apothecary Oils lemon grass soap I have mentioned in the past and if this isn't lemony enough bring on the Blenheim Bouquet cream.

Being this was to be a flying shave (no elephants included) it was essential to reach for a decent cream and the quickest razor on the planet. I will give full marks to the Blenheim Bouquet cream as it fluffs up exceptionally quickly in to a super lather and what a divine scent. It is everything I thought their Blenheim EDC would be......and isn't. For a change the brush duties were handed over to the little Muhle Butterscotch synthetic silver tip. A lovely little brush, but I can see why I much prefer the Razorock. Whereas the Razorock has real grip value the Muhle's non-value lies in its ability to slip and slide in annoyance. Still it did its job as I am not a great brush fiend and don't fret much over this side of the shaving story. It does look pretty though and if I were to marry a brush this would be the one.

A full three passes on a third time out blade. May be this 'one shave per FHS-10' is an urban myth which needs dispelling. I really have to say it performed wonderfully and so much so I have left it in the razor to go for the big four. Oddly I have started to notice that despite its beautiful efficiency the handle is not the easiest to grip and needs dry hands. Instead of charging an additional £1600 for a black version they might have spent less and come up with a handle which actually handles.

In hindsight this shave might have been better delivered wearing a pair of rubber palmed gardening gloves. As it was the towel was working overtime to keep my hands dry and complained like buggery. Eventually the towel threw the towel in.

Just in case I was a little underwhelmed on the lemon front the ADP Assoluta made up for anything lacking here and did its very citrus lemon thing. I came away with more tang and zest than a Jiff.

One brilliantly quick shave with a fantastically smooth outcome and so smooth my little granddaughter is smarting over the fact that my face is as smooth as her much younger bottom. I didn't realise kids were that sensitive. Nothing £10 with the words 'tell your dad to buy you a nice toy today' couldn't bribe my way out of. She does like granddad Chris and that is all that matters. Probably because my mental age is not that far from her own and she finds it easy to relate.

Shaving storage space provided courtesy of HIUT jeans. Having forked out for two pairs of these I simply gave all my other jeans to a charity shop and now they are literally the only pants I have in my life outside of some 3 pairs of more formal wear which I will rarely ever wear. They are something else in material quality, finish and fit and as one can see the pockets are large enough to hold a complete shaving kit. If ever you need to treat yourself because you are a selfish bastard then they should be on your 'I want' list.

A great shave delivered and I wish you all a great weekend and a great week ahead. Get clean, get shaved, get selfish.

Saw the toy dolls a few times in their heyday around the venues in Sunderland, the last time was in Durham uni a few years ago. Always good for a laugh. " wheres olga" chants as soon as took his shirt off.

Back
Top Bottom