SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Miklky May

Monday 13th May

AP1GczN-BcumV1xWsHOnX1St3nfbcxmlFBmsmSAXYsnBrggp07WlJWx0pgUMpdNrIC0bckQNZYLShWxVsrI-3Mpjbif6yRKvLDSXR07qDx6LMEbiiVzBnjJq_oyf2M5Yzlgwujj-qz1_q7DExdw32Wv8ZOt4xw=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Ever-Ready 100T w/Semogue 1250 Pure Bristle Reknot
KCG w/Yaqi Tsuka Handle & Lord Platinum Class (1)
Pashana Original Aftershave

Continuing on with Milky May and a local shaving soap which isn't great but isn't at all bad ...

The BeeClean soap contains a few things that interested me - rapeseed oil, borage, honey and sheep milk. It is an all sodium formulation though but when loaded up with a wrung out brush and lathered onto a wet face produces a sound and stable lather. Second pass is a tad thin from one loading but it does have superb residual slip and that's something I like on the second pass.

Super shave all round and the KCG reigns in the seethingly sharp Lord Platinum Class. Splash of Pash for afters and ready to enjoy my evening.

IMG_20240513_203738~2.jpg
First try of a Lion blade in a long time. I didn't put an entry in the TSR blade review spreadsheet when I last (first?) used it. Can't recall why but I probably didn't do enough shaves with the blade. Something I intend to rectify this week.

A decent shave, enjoyable and easy.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Mk. I Adjustable 195 'Fatboy' (1960)
Blade: Lion Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Imperial Leather Chubby shave stick
Aftershave: Wars Classic

A quick follow up after my last over inflated SOTD and one which arrives themed, 'Egg and chips? Oh, yes please'

20240513_174838.jpg

Muhle R89
Polsilver Lodz
Highlander Marine AFC
Proraso
Oil of Ulay
M&S Spiced Amber

'I am now driving a large tracked vehicle, but that was one damn fine shave'

'Thankyou'

Something odd?

So is this lady....

Lovely SOTD photo, Arthur.
I'm no expert but, the lighting is fantastic.
SOTD photo of the year??

P
Thank you Paul
I sometimes experiment with random backgrounds. This time I used an old black pillow case, just switched off the electric lighting, and made use of the natural light.
Perhaps a few tweaks with Snapseed editor.

Tue 14
Cream SuperMax Menthol
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor & Blade Gillette Slim N4 & Personna Super Med Prep
Aftershave MacaRoot & Aloe
Nice cream excellent brush and a lovely aftershave gel. This razor and blade combination was perfect!
It's special to be shaving while working onboard a vessel...
20240514_094050.jpg

SOTD: 14th May 2024.

3.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Bowl Lather.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D3)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils, 5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Floid Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Bulldog Original ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

(Face & Head Shave.)

Another eclectic shave set up where everything paired together wonderfully.

The LEA Classic Sensitive Shaving Cream which I haven't used in some time created a wonderful lather in a short space of time.

The sandalwood scent is different comparing it to the Proraso sandalwood scent it's more of a light fresh sweet scent to my nose with a nice mild menthol kick feel and pairs together really well with the Floid ASL.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Bulldog Original ASB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Tue 14
Cream SuperMax Menthol
Brush Spiffo Manchurian Badger
Razor & Blade Gillette Slim N4 & Personna Super Med Prep
Aftershave MacaRoot & Aloe
Nice cream excellent brush and a lovely aftershave gel. This razor and blade combination was perfect!
It's special to be shaving while working onboard a vessel...
View attachment 120378

Curiosity does ask what line of work?

14 May

Mühle Aloe Vera
Edwin Jagger travel
Rockwell 6S
Feather Hi-Stainless
Speick Men Sensitiv balm
YSL Y

DD23CA90-D6AD-40B5-BF10-8131C6A4F011.jpeg
Shades of grey? Especially the weather. Meanwhile, at the sink, a very pleasant shave with some travel style accoutrements. A close and comfortable shave and a promising start to a grey day.

Back
Top Bottom