SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

SOTD: 11th May 2024.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Goodfellas' Smile Abysso Shaving Soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Ming Shi 2000s Futur clone. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg,+pick ups.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezing's,/Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Goodfellas' Smile Abysso ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

Another new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.

The lathering performance from the Abysso shaving soap is superb providing a great slick protective wonderfully scented lather in a short space of time.

Another close comfortable efficient combined face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth and smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sat 11
Soap & Aftershave PAA Cavendish
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Friedr Herder Abr. Sohn 77
My top favorite soap & splash set...the sweet aromatic pipe scent is just marvelous!
Enjoyed a beautiful shave with this audible razor. Initially, I was not too fond of this hollow ground edge but now loving it...I guess back then I was still inexperienced...
20240511_123042.jpg

2024-05-11-08-30-11-469~4.jpg
really nice little shaver. I expected it to be more aggressive than a tech, say, because it's open comb, but it's really smooth and pretty mild. went with gear I know well, went carefully and got a great, familiar result. not incredibly close but no irritation or aftershave sting. will try a sharper blade next. fantastic shave on a lovely sunny morning.

Today's shave:

rdt240511.jpg

- L&L Grooming Mayflower
- Hone Type B G5C Synthetic
- Hone 15s with Feather blade
- Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender aftershave

:D

Saturday 11 May
OREN +++
Feather Pro Guard
Spanish Leather
Henri et Victoria badger
Vintage Avon Musk for men

An excellent combo today. Almost bbs going wtg, needed minimal atg and pick ups to finish a proper bbs with no issues.
The Avon a/s has a very distinctive scent reminiscent of barber shop. As splashes go it’s not that long lasting but does give a refreshing feel after a close shave.
Enjoy the weekend fellas!

IMG_0595.jpeg

11 May

TOBS St. James
Simpson Trafalgar T3
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Treet Platinum
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

FEF1DBD4-E36E-4B61-9A19-80CD3FADFE02.jpeg
Lovely Saturday shave. The Trafalgar picked up so much cream that I had enough rich Taylor’s lather for three shaves! Two comfortable passes with the Ikon and I soon had a smooth face. A splash of Floïd started the day right.

SOTD: 11/05/2024

Razor: Rockwell 6C, 5 plate
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless, 1st use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Cube 2.0 Scentless Soap
Soap: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Cream
Aftershave: The Goodfellas Smile Pino Alpestre Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water

Enjoy the weekend!

Sat 11th May

Aleppo soap-Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
L’Occitane Cade cream
Alpha Claymore Evolution V1
Feather Pro ( 2 )
Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

A nice change today as I used a cream rather than a soap. As usual I overloaded the Brush, but as a result got a rich creamy lather to shave with. Very pleased with the finished Shave, an all round close finish.

IMG_1006.jpeg

Sotd-11-05-24.png
Sotd - 11-05-24

Head - Leaf Twig - Treet Classic - Baxters of California brush-less creme - witch hazel - Nivea Fresh Gel
Face - Mergress - Treet Classic - Simpson TSN LE best - Williams Menthol Cool - witch hazel - Floid Mentally Vigorous - Creed Aventus

Sometimes I surprise myself with my stupidity - it's a warm day here - what could be better than a freshly shaved 'minty heid' and a nice mentholated face shave? Yeah great. Let's do that. Go into mindful mode - not paying attention - until it occurs to me something is a bit weird about this. Ah yes! The cooling effect of the menthol creme is somewhat dissipated by preparing it in a toasty warm scuttle. Fcuk me. What a twat. Enjoy yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom