SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Very good shave which says goodbye to the lime balm, a favourite of mine that doesn't get enough use (although enough to use it all up!).
I can't replace this as am under a strict import embargo in Chez NotTheStig

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Signature Londinium
Additional Care:
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes balm

Very good shave which says goodbye to the lime balm, a favourite of mine that doesn't get enough use (although enough to use it all up!).
I can't replace this as am under a strict import embargo in Chez NotTheStig

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium Modern
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Aqueous Cream
Lather: Signature Londinium
Additional Care:
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes balm
Great choice of razor, my friend! The good old Sticky - with thanks to Kenneth Grange, bless him.

Saturday 11th May

AP1GczNSi1lWPX0wprZrLXMrt9l3Rv9dIXmWQCFZjfcuzZzYFbsKxQOTVAeFbqGPr_6OVIc4N9zIcKdcFHrPNy_D8DZXkGa23AA9qxXPZ2i6nGdQrSg-rf_f5Wdwc7TRC4hp1u_ROle01ywDY-ngdQHlTsP5_A=w800

Boots (Vintage 2010s) Shaving Soap & Vulfix Coronet w/Pure Bristle Reknot
Leaf Twig (Prism) & Personna Platinum Chrome (3)
Hai Karate Aftershave

Much thanks to our pal @Gairdner for his generous gift of this soap, which I believe is the last of the good shaving soaps from Boots. The formulation is strongly related to that used by Muhle & Edwin Jagger (at the time) and De Vergulde Hand. It's simple, good, honest Palmate shaving soap and a type that I particularly enjoy. Thanks G!

... lathered up with one of my lovely reknotted Coronets and a straight-up ten out of ten shave with the Leaf Twig.

Prep: Warm shower
Prep: Razorock pre barba
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive Wood
Brush: Mühle Rocca Birch
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica
Razor: Mühle Rocca Birch
Blade: Derby Premium
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica

SOTD-20240511.jpg

Best Regards
Marco

20240511_193725.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Cadman Cashmere synthetic.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razor Blackland vector CC.
Blade Kai Captain titan mild Pink (7)
Post spray Johnny Bravo Spanish Fly.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man.

The Cadman Cashmere brush was perfect for the Trumpers soft cream as I suspected.
A fabulous shave, enjoy the evening everyone.

Sun 12
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 24mm Bali Silvertip
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
Superbly creamy & slick lather from the soap combined with the long-ignored brush...
The razor provided a satisfyingly smooth shave after stroping on the roo leather...
20240512_131502.jpg

SOTD: 12th May 2024.

2.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1305.
Face Lather.
Lather: Proraso Blue Shaving Cream.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Bulldog Original ASB./Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP

Greetings,

The Proraso Blue shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is excellent leaving a superb post-shave from the addition of the Aloe Vera and vitamin E making my mature skin feel soft & moisturized after the shave.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton-Lloyd Essentials No 17 EdP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

2024-05-12-08-48-05-423~2.jpg
similar razor and same blade as yesterday and I got an even better shave.

really nice soap. loads of lather from a tiny scrape. scent was a bit weaker but very pleasant. a little bit like gunpowder maybe? along with faint tobacco and oud.

this razor is a little less bright and shiny than it's twin but it shaved just as well. smooth and very close and really comfortable. I think this is the one I'll be keeping. I'll give it one more shave on this racer blade then step it up to a Gillette green and see how that feels. I've already got my eye on more Gillettes on eBay.

Last edited:
Sunday 12th May

Cream • Body Shop Maca Root
Brush • Yaqi 26mm Synth
Razor • Razorock Hawk V3
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (4)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous

Those people at Body Shop really nailed it with this shave cream. I dare say it shows up a few of the 'big names', performance wise, which cost five times more.
I have a number of inexpensive creams that haven't seen the light of day for a long time. I'll be using these this week.

Sunday 12 May

The Gillette Goodwill has been described elsewhere on TSR recently, suffice to say I was taken by the quirky head design which without a blade is pretty sloppy. However, true to its heritage once loaded up, today with a Nacet, it is a really super smooth and very effective razor, despite its 90 year old age. It was originally gold coated but now just shows its age patina from years of use and storage.
The Palmolive shave stick courtesy of @Mike Smart is nice and creamy, feels good on the skin, with distinctive scent. I decided to mix razors today, so Goodwill wtg, OREN atg and pick ups. Result bbs, super smooth and no issues.
Have a fine Sunday fellas!

IMG_0596.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom