SOTD: Saturday 11 May - Friday 17 May 2024.

Razor = Wolfman WR 1
Blade = Gillette Blue ( 3 )
Brush = C&H Parker V15
Soap = PAA Sacré Bleu
with matching :ROFLMAO:
Balm = Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser
IMG_1603.jpegAnother Fantastic 10/10 shave with the Wolfman.
Doesn’t fail to impress.
This shave is as bbs as it comes,
totally effortless & a dream to use.
The soap i haven’t used in a while and it’s another i really like.
For the people that don’t know this is PAA’s take on Aqua Vela & it’s very similar although not exactly a dupe but first class nonetheless.
The Brush was named after that Crawling Bas****
Spider-man :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: for obvious reasons.
Ok lads enjoy what’s left of the weekend.
i’m going away again next saturday & my team got well & truly pumped so not a good weekend for me.
Adios Amigos

20240512_201933.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...
Prep Aleppo soap.
Brush Omega Italian flag Boar.
Soap Geo F Trumpers Spanish Leather.
Razors Leaf & Yaqi Excalibur.
Blade Kai Captain Titan mild Pink (8)
Post-shave Johnny Bravo Spanish Fly.
Aftershave Jimmy Choo Man edt.

A trial run at the Yaqi Excalibur first impressions this is NOT a Vector, it may look the same but that's where it ends.
The shave was very good tbh not disappointing at all, I hate the handle though even if it does look kinda cool.
I will be using it a few more times before giving it my opinion but for now, a nice shave can't complain but definitely not as well made or as nice to use as the Vector.
Enjoy the night everyone it's been a hot one today.

SOTD Sun 12 May 2024

Not as warm today, shave
1E3C2DF7-03BD-48E4-B849-398EDEE6DDB0.jpeg
Prep - hot shower, lather face wash
Bowl - DSCosmetic green bowl
Cream - Proraso White
Brush - DSCosmetic Coffee 24mm G7
Razor - Muhle R89 Twist
Blade - Shark Platinum (3)
Post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse
Splash - homemade (witch hazel and essential oils), Forest Fresh ASL
Balm - Nivea Replenishing PSB
Fragrance - Mastermind Vintage EDT

Been cooler today and it’s raining heavily now, no thunder thank God, so the dog is sleeping peacefully.
Nice shave, love the Muhle, first outing this year for the Proraso Sensitive, good lather and slickness but not much of a smell, but that’s not what it’s for of course. My DSCosmetic bowl seems to work better (quicker, easier maybe) with my DSCosmetic brushes. Wonder if the Yaqi version works better with Yaqi brushes? They look identical so probably just my imagination. Great smooth, comfortable, nice smelling result.

B77F2E2B-340D-4CDF-BAF2-D8935129E690.jpeg
Nope, no thunder so far, fingers and toes crossed that we have a quiet, stress free night!

Last edited:
Sun 12th May

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
The Grosvenor- 404mixed
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

All go yesterday as after Shave, Shower and breakfast was out on the road, for a days officiating. After a 7 hour stint, had to brave M20/M25 from Kent to Essex via the dreaded Tunnel. Was glad that I managed to bypass most of the queue by using an alternative route.
Was actually quite nice to have a back to back Shave for a change.

IMG_1007.jpeg

13/05/24
Pre - Dove Original Beauty Cream Bar
Brush - Yaqi Coco-cola 22mm Synth
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Screenshot_20240512-200801_Gallery.jpg
Not chancing outdoor photography today.
Enjoy your day all.

A wonderful weekend and only right that I start by singing the beautiful 'Perfect Day' by the late great Lou Reed.

Oh it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spent all your money

Welcome, welcome, welcome you fellow beard hating shavateers and those of you who shave around bits of chin fluff. Me? I'm just happy to be fluffed.

My first entry for this new week of SOTD's comes in twin format and the theme, 'Tunnels, tunnel fees and sausages'

Saturday

20240511_185722.jpg

Mersey tunnel - Stainless Mongoose
Channel tunnel - Schick Proline
£2 - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Tyne tunnel - Signature top secret coconut
Bakerloo line - Simple moisturiser
Light at the end of - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse
'Well, as a gynaecologist, I must say this is the largest I've ever come across'

A photo never lies? Well this one does as I took the photo prior to having my annual bath. Washed with a bar of Signature coconut soap. Washed my hair with some coconut shampoo and coconut conditioner. Ate a Bounty bar and covered my nuts in coco. So I thought 'Sod this, I may as well go total coconuts and shave with Signature's top secret recipe. So I did.

Now, try getting a 30mm Cashmere brush in to a sample pot sized tin of shaving soap. Quite the antithesis to those comedic lines from the Stranglers 'London lady'. 'Making love to the Mersey tunnel, with a sausage have you ever been to Liverpool?'

As it is I personally don't find the lyrics titillating in any way as I often find myself with sausages in Liverpool. Why, only the other day I bought a pack 10 Cumberland sausages from the Tesco in Bootle. And believe me I know a few ladies from there who have a barrier and a toll booth.

As it is an absolutely perfect shave where the Mongoose shone out and ticked the 'Am I a God?' box. Of course using the very much in vogue (Well in my domain it is) Proline. Next month it'll be something different. That's satanism and indecisiveness for you. And of course, I smelt just like a coconut. What better to end it all with than the Laboratory Perfumes Gorse. It's coconutish, but not as we know it.

Well I guess there might be a coconut connection in here somewhere, and who knows?, possibly a mention of tunnels.

Sunday

20240512_173359.jpg

Tesco's finest Cumberland - Ikon B1
South American sausage - Brazilian Wilkie
Sausage meat - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Facial sausage - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Liverpool sausage - Collagen
Sausage dog - Guerlain Heritage

'Swap you a cat turd for a sausage'
'It's a deal'

A blade on the last of its usable edge, but still managed to get a pretty decent shave with it and only a couple of small weepers to cry about. A great effort from the ADP and Cadman and well done team lather. As @churchilllafemme once mentioned, 'probably the best soap there is'. He is quite correct. Haven't seen him around of recent and just hope all is well with him.

End of shave and a song to end on. Why, it's those Band Maid girlies...And before I depart this garbage it only takes me to say 'I love you all'

And I do

Back
Top Bottom