Blade: Astra SP (3)
Brush: Semogue 730HD
Soap: LEA Menthol
Pre: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green
ASL: Proraso Green
Scent: AG AdC

IMG_20190811_145518.jpg

Last outing for the Marvel before I try a different razor. I didn't feel like braving the Arran soap again today so opted for some cooling menthol goodness.

A comfortable DFS finish ending on a high for the Marvel. I'll certainly be keeping this razor in the rotation.

Today's shave was the first with the Semogue 730HD which is one of the Semogue Silvertip Badger models. I really enjoyed this brush. It won't suit those that like a 'stiff' badger but I like a bit of a flop in mine.

Sunday

TGGR Essence of Scotland Highland Bothy
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo Synth
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 on iKon OSS
Personna Med Prep #2
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Fine American Blend

I think there must be cue balls that are less smooth than my face. One of those shaves that make you feel you won't need to go near the kit again, for about a week.

F48465F1-726A-4672-9034-C5BCCCD1F111.jpeg

Sunday AM 2019-08-11

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper shaving soap
Delta Echo Feather AS-D2 (Ink Edition)/UFO U2
Wilkinson 'Light Brigade' (13)
Cigar Aficionado aftershave

The soap smelled mainly of pepper when dry, but when lathered the pepper, orange, and cedarwood tones became equal for me. The orange fragrance was much less pronounced than in the other orange-scented soaps I've tried recently. The lather had good cushion and glide and was not drying.
qnjZCFO.jpg

image.jpeg

Shave of the day. 11th Aug.

Prep ~ S.V. Lavender soap
Razor ~ Blackland - Vector
Blade ~ Feather Pro Super
Soap ~ MdC Original
Brush ~ SOC Taj Badger
Post ~ Lavender witch hazel
Scent ~ Guerlain ~ Jicky EdP

This mornings shave was close and smooth, the Vector shaves as well as the General ever did but is so much more nimble in use, I love it! :)

Untill the next time........P.

Head SOTD

Soap: Lather Bros Soap Company Wynwood by LatherBros. Soap Company

Brush: Chianti's 24mm Synthetic by @yaqibrush

Razor: 1940s Fat Handle Tech

Blade: Gillette Nacet

Post shave: Lather Bros Soap Company Wynwood balm

Great service: Maggard Razors

Nice fresh fennel with pineapple (sounds weird on paper but works really well) with subtle hint of sandalwood to wrap this scent up. Great lather and post - shave feel and mentholated balm wakes you up in the morning to challenge the world. Oh and that label rocks!

IMG_7420 tsr.JPG

Back
Top Bottom