SOTD : Saturday 10th -Friday 16th August. 2019

SOTD : 11th August 2019.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Cool shaving cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Parker~Premium Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Cool Cologne + Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

For the rest of my shaves this week i'm going to use a Parker razor & blade duo.

The Arko cool shaving cream was a great addition to the mix resulting in a cooling slick protective superlather which was more than adequate for the full shave. ...The parker razor/blade duo paired together wonderfully, the parker blades aren't the sharpest but are very smooth, forgiving and the longivity of them for me personally, is 3-4 shaves.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.
;)
;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.
:cool:
:cool:

Date:- 11 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ The Novelist Goats Milk & Lanolin
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

11/08/19
Pre shave Prep: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26mm
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Spice
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, Homemade Bay Rum Witch Hazel
Balm: Vintage Tabac Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Original / CK "Be" EDT

Futur Rain S Spice (3).jpg

A nice Sunday shave with the much discredited Futur today, I am not sure why it gets such a bad rep as it performs fantastically, easy to dial in the perfect shave for any blade type. I find the looks of the razor to be pleasing to the eye, it has a lot of weight and delivers.
Fitted with an new Astra SP, and a lovely slick lather from the Yaqi and Stirling spice I dialed it in to #3 for the WTG pass, then down to #2.5 for the XTG & ATG passes, Absolutely wonderful, comfortable shave aiming to just remove the lather and the weight removing the stubble.
BBS and wonderfully comfortable.
The Post shave just as nice, the Vintage Tabac and Old Spice Original matching quite well, then a good splash of the CK "Be", bought after finding and using a sample from a while back.
All very nice,
So a Comfortable BBS Finish, Soft and supple & smelling very nice, all ready for the visit to the Mothership.
Have a great Sunday All.

Last edited:
Sun 11th August - Streamline Sunday

Cyril Salter / Maseto ED. 2band
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Ever Ready "Streamline "
Gem S/S [ 1 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

There is no doubt that one can get good Shaves with modern AC/ SE Razors. However, for me there is something very satisfying about getting a similar/ better Shave from a Vintage SE. Today as I was not rushing out for a change I chose to use a favourite, The "Streamline " which is very much an acquired taste, but I virtually learnt how to use SEs with one. So with no rush and taking care the Shave was smooth and comfortable, and I was able with concentration to attain what has to be the best Shave I have had for some time. I have been happy enough with Good Shaves, but this was a real "Face Stroker".

IMG_0616.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday 11 August

Soap - Intesa Cream
Brush - Omega 11819
Razor - Lord L6 & Souplex Bakelite Handle
Blade - Gillette Winner (3)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Gillette Arctic Ice

Since I've been using a soap a week, I've noticed my lathers seem to follow the following patterns. The first lather is near enough always too dry, as I tend to overload the soap. The next one or two is over hydrated, and after that I seem to get closer to dialling in a better balance of soap to water, and by that time I'm looking forward to using another soap! As per schedule today's lather seemed to hit the sweet spot for soap and water, a really great one today, right amount of cushion.
A good combination of razor and blade today, the Lord L6 seems to be a touch more efficient than the razors I tend to favour (Techs generally) and it seemed to produce a very close shave.
A rare outing for the Arctic Ice splash, which I see as a 'marine' type splash but maybe with a touch more earthiness perhaps?

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday.

Bulldog Sensitive face wash / shower
Executive Shaving handmade bowl
AP Shave Co Synbad brush
Castle Forbes Lime cream
Razorock Game Changer .84, iKon Bulldog handle
Personna Med Prep blade
Wholly Kaw Man From Mayfair toner
Not shown: Barts Balm Lime aftershave balm

This was actually a couple of days ago. . . First use of the Game Changer .84 though have used the .68 before. It seems to favour a steeper angle than I'm used to employing and perhaps I took this a bit far or got complacent as had a nick on the chin and caught something that had been healing well where my chin meets the neck, which I should have avoided! Otherwise the shave was ok and close enough but face still felt sore a little while after so I went back for the Barts Balm which sorted that out.

What really pleased me was that it felt like a long lasting shave, about two and a half days passed before I felt I really should shave again. Also it was a late night shave and I still felt smooth in the morning, which hasn't happened with milder razors. I think I'm gonna like this razor.

95FB293C-66F6-47C4-B4A6-C996EA105294.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom