SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

12/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Mitchells Wool Fat
Razor - Gillette Fat Handle Tech
Blade - Gillette Super Blue Vietnam (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Denim Original

I'll start with the lather first, I'd not used MWF in ages, if you manage to stand on one leg, chant to the devil, load the brush anti clockwise (clockwise won't work) and you can build a good lather then it really is one of the best lathers for cushion, slickness and post shave feel. I've had problems lathering MWF with a boar, but never a bad one with a synth so for today's shave went with the ever reliable Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo and after a few seconds of loading, I face lathered and had enough lather for 3 good passes.

Now onto the blade, first time using the new Gillette Super Blue which Paul, @pjgh sent me. The MIC counterpart is very highly rated by @Bogeyman and I'm unsure whether the MIC/Vietnam ones are the same blade, but Paul pjgh rates this one very highly so I had quite high expectations for this one.

First stroke and there was a touch of harshness like a lot of new Gillette blades seem to have but from the very outset it is clear it's a very sharp blade. The first pass was fine enough I was surprised at how much growth the blade would take for the 2nd and 3rd passes, and my face felt very smooth and comfortable at the end of the shave. Very little alcohol burn when I put on the splash, which is generally a good sign.

I find a lot of Gillette blades aren't at their best on the first shave so I will make a full assessment of the blade once I've used the blade for it's entire duration, but the Super Blue performed very well on it's first outing. I'd say it reminded me a little of the Astra SP in some ways, maybe the mid point of it and the Nacet?

Great shave today, with the blade and the MWF my face is very soft and comfortable.

Have a good start to the week gents.

12/04/21
Pre: shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Soap: Signature Soap Britannia
Razor: R94 Mühle Rocca V4 Stainless
Blade: Wizamet SI (2)
Post shave: Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm: Proraso Green
Aftershave: Proraso Green

Wk15 (3).JPG
What more could you ask for, a wonderful lather, 3 glorious passes and a cooling post shave,
Very nice
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

The shave themed '34.7862%

IMG_20210411_181909.jpg

50% (of a DE) - Rocnel SE-50
34.7862% (of a DE blade) - Bits of a Dorco Prime
0% (of a badger brush) - Alpha Wickhams Artic
<10% (of contents remaining) - ADP Collezione
100% (of happiness) - Me

One wonderful 3 pass shave to shaving orgasmic ecstasy.

Oi don't know what an Orgasm be?

So I shall leave you with some orgasmic Japanese ladies and giving it 100% are those Otoboke Beaver girls

PVXrxbt.jpg

Monday 12th April

ACtC-3f8PIlWv4NarCO6YRTsFh6dK9jvylJ8Ds1F4lpB30bP6XPppNI4hHs0kOAg-P1114QnMR1Fvjv-1-CgczaZqtaeSk65Ujdt-29ycEQzRN4yqd_BxM28xNmHeCIy1byN1-QPoRyY6F-DTHjwM91Oyo9WnA=w800

French Pink Clay & Charcoal Face Soap
Old Spice Shaving Soap (Vintage)
Vie-Long American Style w/Haryali Synthetic 20mm
Yaqi Katana w/Windrose Darwin Handle
EuroMax Platinum (2)
Old Spice Aftershave (Vintage)

Second run on this EuroMax Platinum blade ...

... and once again, the aftershave had me dancing on the spot! Here's the thing, the blade was in no way smooth but it did feel less overtly threatening this evening. It is an invigorating shave in the way that the Shark Stainless is or the Treet Black Beauty and I think I'll enjoy it as a one-shot shave in single edge format.

While there's no way that you'd get the Vertice/EuroMax Platinum confused with the Gillette Winner Special Platinum, and I only mention it because the Gillette Winner Stainless offering is in fact made by Vertice, this is a winner ... if the sport was Dambe!

Back
Top Bottom