SOTD : Saturday 10rd April to Friday 16th April 2021.

Tanifuji NT-77 Cape Kennedy
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Soap
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver Aftershave Splash
Baume Be. Aftershave Balm
Pre de Provence 63 EdT
Carnavis & Richardson 26 mm Silver Tip Badger Brush
6825CF51-EB96-4E5E-8FB5-11D6206E64D9.jpegCD700E65-7AD7-4A6C-8846-D85EC7417CF3.jpegE2A871C0-4B0A-4DFC-B178-E159F5B614B1.jpeg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Tuesday 13th April 2021

Shave Score 9.85/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: OSP - Dark Matter
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Purple Haze
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Winner (1)
Post Shave ASL: Floid
Post Shave Balm: LEA 3 in 1
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Have a good one all.

Joe

IMG_0857.jpeg

Tuesday 13th April
Vig Shaving Plissoft - Vitos Red Super - EndGem Speed 1• - GEM Stainless Coated #7 - Williams Aqua Velva A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
lSrgbQr.jpg

Start of three EndGem shaves with the first of my EndGem Speed set, the mild 1dot.
Very pleased with the smooth result.

Last edited:
173356937_1010867406357624_2377398088536891043_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: Proraso Green
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: Ming Shi 2000S Futur Clone (2,4, 6)
Blade: Voskhod (2)

the day the earth stood still robot GIF by Turner Classic Movies

The return of Gort. Would he attack again, or had my realignment been successful?:alien::unsure:
I started on level 2, and it was clear that while there was some pickup, it was nowhere near enough. 4 was better, and 6 for a final pass has left a decent finish. Not as good as the Voskhod gives me through the Parker, but good enough to know that this razor is now functioning and will not leave me disfigured:oops: A refreshing, triple menthol hit for a crisp start to the day, and Gort now responds to my commands;)

Shut Down Sci-Fi GIF

Tue 13th April

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
MWF
PAL Injectomatic
NOS Schick Platinum-Holland [ 3 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

This Razor is regarded by some as rather harsh, but others liken it to a "Schick Buster". I think that other than my Canadian E2 this is my best Injector confined to the use of a single blade. Another great Shave with a trouble free close finish being attained.

IMG_1412.jpg

9A4049BD-6693-4171-9132-1FEC2E024A00.jpeg
Pre: bluebeards revenge preshave oil, hot towel to the face, proraso green preshave cream

Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo

Soap: frankensoap, Dalit sandalwood x vitos green

Razor: Rockwell 6s R4

Blade: Gillette winner platinum, MII #1

after not so amazing topaz blade yesterday - I have decided to take out yet another blade that I haven’t used yet - Gillette winner, MII. First shave with it and I must say I really like it. If I had to give it a rating right now , I’d put it right up there with Gillette 7o’clock blacks - which is probably my favourite blade so far.

3 passes for a DFS++ finish - as always some parts of the neck are being problematic where hair grows sideways .... one day I’ll find a way to obliterate them !

finished with generous splash of pinaud clubman followed with l’occitane asb. Very nice and refreshing shave!

View attachment 68106

Dumbo made using Harrygammi. The Lancashire art of paper crumpling
Mate - sorry, captain - you have an untapped potential for conceptual art - your piece - as I read it - is an astonishing postmodernist critique of tugging on the Mersey - a truly gestalt vision of making sure massive cargo boats don't crash into the docks? Let's call it - Suez Shit-Show? You crumple up the paper - I'll do the captions - the Turner prize awaits. :ROFLMAO: - I.

TUESDAY
PRE: bloom water
RAZOR: RazoRock Silver Hawk V2
BLADE: Schick Proline
BRUSH: WCS 26mm Synthetic BOSS Knot
SOAP: Saponificio Varesino Desert Vetiver

RU085UJ.jpg

IMHO the $30 aluninum Hawk is one of the best bargains in the shaving world. It outshaves many of my stainless DEs costing more than five times as much. I also have two stainless steel Hawks, standard and OC. And yes, they are slightly more efficient than the aluminum version, at more than twice the price.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Treet Platinum #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

after not so amazing topaz blade yesterday - I have decided to take out yet another blade that I haven’t used yet - Gillette winner, MII.

The first shave with the Winner Black is good, but it gets better for the second shave and on. I rate it really highly.

13/4/21

Pre - Cien Soap Free Facial Wash
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Tuxedo 24mm
Soap - Signature Soaps Capra
Razor - Old Type
Blade - Gillette Super Blue Vietnam (2)
Post - Witch Hazel/Lea Balm
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

As expected the blade smoothed out for the second shave and it was a delightful shave paired with the Old Type. SS Capra produces a superb lather, great post shave feel as well. Finished the shave with Superdrug Sierra Breeze, a nice citrus scent.

Have a good day gents.

Back
Top Bottom