SOTD: Saturday 10 June - Friday 16 June 2023.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Tatara Nodachi SB (Masamune top cap)
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless Steel (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: ES – Fragrance Free

Before saying goodbye to this wonderful Tatara tool I tried once more what I consider to be the best combo for me. Nodachi SB plate with a Masamune top cap. As there was no more need for consistency I tried one of the brazilian Gillettes included in the box by @Mike Smart
Great blades and the shave reconfirmed that if it was for me to buy a Tatara again it would be in this combo and in Titanium of course.
Now, I believe they'll make the Muramasa in titanium but it would be a hefty price to pay. :unsure:

Thanks again for Tatara being so generous to offer this passaround and to @Masamune for orchestrating everything.

A great weekend to you all!

TataraPassaround.jpg

Last edited:
Friday 16 June

Bought the Jagger a while back and didn’t think it was anything special. Nice looking, short handle, good balance with a good blade exposure. However, today fitted with a Feather blade 4th use it performed faultlessly. It’s actually a cracking razor. I custom fitted a block of MOGNO Ach Brito into an attractive ceramic reproduction bowl, the original version was produced to hold “men’s relish“. Another name for anchovy paste? Does anyone still make this? Whatever, it doesn’t appeal to me :rolleyes:
The old Superdrug bristle is not in the best shape, still losing a lot of hairs but it delivered the lather well so no complaint. MOGNO soap is really creamy and comfortable on the face but in this warm weather it did dry quickly on the face.
Looks like England has started the first Ashes Test the way they intended so it will be a cracking series hopefully.
Have a great evening fellas!

IMG_0120.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday AM 2023-06-16
Cracker Jacks snack food was introduced on this date in 1893 by F.W. Rueckheim, Chicago
beNSCaG.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Art of Shaving Rose Absolute shaving cream (vintage)
Paradigm Diamondback 2020
Personna 74 Tungsten (13)
Ralph Lauren Polo aftershave
qOutqSt.jpg

I was excited to finally get the call for this passaround and delighted it arrived today at the end of a particularly rubbish week of work. 3 days of growth awaited….

i jumped right in with the nodachi cap and SB base plate. My first try of a titanium razor, it was notably lighter than the muramasa which I usually enjoy on setting 2-3.

IMG_3786.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Nodachi Ti
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Chisel & Hound Fanchurian v18
Soap: PAA Good Vibrations
Splash: PAA Good Vibrations

I knew that the nodachi would be more aggressive than I usually go for but the lightness and the agility of the Titanium seemed to make it a more forgiving shave. Suspect on the basis of this shave the masamune nodachi combination will suit me best. Next stop the Masamune top cap and SB base plate to see the mildest end of the range.

Thanks again for this fantastic opportunity!

Second shave with the Nacet and reverting to this month's theme, the trusty Tech.
A fair shave. I started off with the Utro razor and could not seem to get on with it with the Nacet. Felt scrapey like the angle was wrong, but I tried all sorts of angles. Think this affected the rest of my shave a little.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Fat Tech gold (1953)
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Signature Londinium
Aftershave: Wars Fresh https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/648cb4db7561cd6e4045da7e

It only takes me to say, and as my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I give to you my shave themed, 'Get on with it you boring old fart'

20230616_172903.jpg

A boring razor - Tatara Nodachi dark
A dull blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
A mundane brush - Wee Whiskey Barrel
A spiritless soap - Savonniere du Moulin
A monotonous moisturiser - Pure

'It says here in the paper you're just a boring old twat'

'Guess I am'

A stunning performance from the Tatara and Wizamet with a donkey show thrown in for good measure.

I shall leave you early this evening before my day just runs out of hours.... and the bottle of wine remains full.

Have a great weekend you shavateers and I really must say, I love you all.

Puffyshoes? It is a Friday after all and finally the weekend....

IMG_1944.jpeg
SOTD: 16/06/2023

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Chubby Style Boti Fan Knot Synthetic
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Fresh Spring
Fragrance: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EdP