Brush: Vintage Vulfix Service #3
Soap: NOS Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: K2 Gillette SS 1965 Tech
Blade: NOS Perma Sharp Supreme (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Proraso Red Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic/Copycat Oud wood

A Tech Shave & one of those shaves where everything just clicks,
Again very slick Lather from the Vintage Brush and Soap, this brush is a great face painter, quite a strong brush although soft on the face.
The Tech and Perma Sharp are a match made in razor heaven for me (1st time match up for me), giving a smooth and comfortable 2 pass shave. I forgot how good the Tech is, spending recent months trying all the acquired vintage & new stuff. Such a mild but efficient razor leaving the face comfortable and squeaky BBS. Only 2 passes required this morning WTG & ATG/XTG mix.
Nothing from the block, a cold water splash and a rub of witch hazel.
A Proraso Red Balm massage and a splash of Old Spice Classic, as it softened i added a few squirts of CC Oud Wood (that's the sample spray finished, glad i have a 100ml to go at).
A clean and tidy chin, smelling Grande and off to Visit the Mothership.
Have a great Sunday all.

02/06/19

View attachment 44354
Pre shave prep: Pears Transparent Original
Brush: Vintage Vulfix Service #3
Soap: NOS Vintage Cussons 1950's
Razor: K2 Gillette SS 1965 Tech
Blade: NOS Perma Sharp Supreme (1)
Post Shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added oils
Balm: Proraso Red Balm
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic/Copycat Oud wood

A Tech Shave & one of those shaves where everything just clicks,
Again very slick Lather from the Vintage Brush and Soap, this brush is a great face painter, quite a strong brush although soft on the face.
The Tech and Perma Sharp are a match made in razor heaven for me (1st time match up for me), giving a smooth and comfortable 2 pass shave. I forgot how good the Tech is, spending recent months trying all the acquired vintage & new stuff. Such a mild but efficient razor leaving the face comfortable and squeaky BBS. Only 2 passes required this morning WTG & ATG/XTG mix.
Nothing from the block, a cold water splash and a rub of witch hazel.
A Proraso Red Balm massage and a splash of Old Spice Classic, as it softened i added a few squirts of CC Oud Wood (that's the sample spray finished, glad i have a 100ml to go at).
A clean and tidy chin, smelling Grande and off to Visit the Mothership.
Have a great Sunday all.

How does the vintage Imperial Leather cream perform, Tony ?

How does the vintage Imperial Leather cream perform, Tony ?
It performs as well as any of the new creams I have, saying that they are new they over 5 years old but still work (body shop maca root and CR Salter Sandalwood).
I sometimes add about 4 drops of flavoured glycerin towards the end of the mix to give it more of a personal scent otherwise it is just clean and fresh smelling. Slick and a great cushion, enough for 3 passes from about an almond size squeeze.

Sunday 2nd June

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine Soap
Wickham 1912 Parma Violet Shaving Soap
Semogue TSN 2010 LE Silvertip Brush
Unininlions Japanese Style Razor with a Proline-P
Alum and Rinse
Witch Hazel
Arko Fig and Grapefruit Moisturiser
Yardley April Violets EDT

One of my latest acquisitions from Aliexpress. Fit and Finish is perfect. Blade exposure with a Proline is similar to a Kai Captain and the shave passed the Alum test.
2 passes and a touch up for a perfect Sunday Shave:)

Sunday 2nd June
Zenith 507 Synth - OSP Shogun Cream - General Al - Schick Proline P #2 - Alum - Puig Quorum A/S - Dove Nourishing cream
zESBwKV.jpg

2/6/19

Pre - Soap Free Face Wash
Brush - Omega 11819 (24mm/55mm unbleached boar)
Soap - Tabac Stick
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Personna Platinum Chrome (4)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Superdrug Sierra Breeze

Second shave with my new Omega 11819 and even though the brush is floppy, it performs very well. In action it seems closer to the bleached Zenith brush I have, it has near enough no scrub. There's a chance once more of the bristle ends will split it might become a little denser; that's generally my observation with the other Omega boars I've owned.

Good shave though though, the combination of BET & PCC works really well, I'm finding the blade to be a little more enjoyable to use after a few shaves.

Anyway chaps, have a good Sunday.

It performs as well as any of the new creams I have, saying that they are new they over 5 years old but still work (body shop maca root and CR Salter Sandalwood).
I sometimes add about 4 drops of flavoured glycerin towards the end of the mix to give it more of a personal scent otherwise it is just clean and fresh smelling. Slick and a great cushion, enough for 3 passes from about an almond size squeeze.

It's amazing that a 50-60 year old shaving cream still works perfectly.
I'll keep an eye out for some vintage creams

2 June

Fine Snake Bite
Omega 11137
Razorock Game Changer .84-P
Personna Super med prep
Fine Snake Bite asl
Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet

AD2A6337-E8A4-4D86-8836-63289474DCBF.jpeg
Really chilled out shave this morning. The Snake Bite soap lived up to it's reputation and was a cooling shave indeed. The Snake Bite aftershave was even more so. Good stuff on a warm day.

Date:- 02 June 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Project Leather
Razor/Blade:- EJ DE89 / Feather #1
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- N/A

Back
Top Bottom