SOTD : Saturday 1 th - Friday 7 th June 2019

Sunday AM 2019-06-02

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-OC/WRH7 Half-Polished
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula aftershave (vintage)
wpkMKxV.jpg

Sunday 2nd June 2019 PM

Pre-shave:- Hot Bath / Castelbel Porto Triple-Milled Soap / Proraso Green pre-shave cream
Brush:- Executive Shaving Company Medium Jock Synthetic
Soap/Cream:- TOBS Peppermint cream
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Lord Shark Super Stainless (2)
Post-shave:- Thayers Cucumber / Bart's Peppermint aftershave lotion / Bart's Peppermint aftershave balm

333f973eec2feb6fd30ec5bd7c1375a5.jpg

A scorching hot bath followed by a cooling minty shave.

Another new cream tonight with TOBS Peppermint. I had a sample of this a while back which I rather liked. It produces a lovely lather with great cushion and glide. The scent may not be to everyone's taste but I like the sweetness of it. The slickness is phenomenal and even just now I can feel it.

Likewise, the Lord Shark Blade is new to me and I'm finding it very smooth, and sharp. It's on it second outing and seems sharper than yesterday.

Finally, Bart's Balm Peppermint aftershave and balm matched the shave perfectly.

I good BBS finish with me smelling like an American candy store! Ready for the week ahead.

Have a great evening folks! [emoji1303]

Blackland Vector
Schick Proline
APShaveCo SilkSmoke
Fitjar Folgefonn
Thayers Cucumber
Davidoff Cool Water

View attachment 44349

P. - that's a synthetic knot? - paint me purple and call me Susan. Before reading the caption I just assumed it was badger - I've never got on with synth brushes - grudgingly I use a Satin Tip for travel - but the issue may need to be revisited - things have moved on somewhat? I just ordered one of their U-Brushes - handsome handle - with a Silk Smoke knot - we shall see - well enabled - thank you - cheers - I.

So I am admittedly a vintage Gillette guy but I do have several modern razors including Timeless, Karve, Rockwell and of course Blackland. Now many a review has been written about the Dart and how aggressive it is. So on its maiden voyage I gave it plenty of work to do. I figured with four days of growth and a fresh Personna Lab blue loaded that we'd be off to the races. Yes indeed we were. Now I love my Muhle R41 and it was the second ever DE I purchased so when I heard about the aggression I figured the Dart couldn't be more aggressive than that. It isn't, it is however more controlled. There is no blade chatter with the Dart...none! It is tight and right all the way through the shave. I like shallow angle shaves like the ones from my Merkur 45, Progress and Mergress. The Dart just felt right at home in my hand!

So the soap of the day fell to the wonderful Santa Maria del Fiore...what a phenomenal scent! Masculine flower mixed with some sweet cigar! Slick and so good! Grabbed the lather bowl and the Simpson 59 and whipped up a ton of lather. More than enough for a three pass shave to be honest!

I must say what an exceptional three pass shave it was...is there such a thing as BBS+? Because this shave got it just for the ease the Blackland Dart had at destroying my stubble. Now I will tell you that you MUST have a light touch with this razor and you must give it something to do but the result are an exceptionally close shave. Happy Sunday and happy shaves all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson 59
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Lotion
Lather: Santa Maria del Fiore Sapone da Barba
Aftershave: Santa Maria del Fiore Lozione Dopo-barba
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Fine Accoutrements - Lather Bowl

1B923524-E2F7-493A-BAF5-E5C7324DF34A.jpeg

Sunday Shave

RazoRock Syn.24mm
P & B Spitfire
PAL S/S Adjustable
Schick Single - Japan [ 5 ]
P &B Spitfire A/S Splash

A nice Sunday Shave before heading out for the Day, used an old favourite the PAL Adjustable. I have long since stopped messing about
with various settings, and find that on a mid point adjustment it Shaves smoothly and efficiently. Without a hint of trouble throughout the Shave, the finished Shave quality was excellent.

IMG_0516.jpg

image.jpeg

Shave Of The Day. 3rd June

Prep ~ Shower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Carbon shaving Co - Cx 316L
Blade ~ Polsilver - Lodz, Poland
Soap ~ MdC Fern
Brush ~ Zenith 28mm Manchurian
Post ~ Basil & Vetiver aftershave lotion (Homemade)
Scent ~ Bronnley - English Fern Cologne

Another super smooth shave from this incredibly efficient razor.

Have a nice day people..........P.

Back
Top Bottom