SOTD: Saturday 1 July - Friday 7 July 2023.

Friday 7 July
End of week shave with Razorock Hawk A plate. One of my early forays into se razors led me to use a Proshave S blade. I was a little underwhelmed then but thought today maybe I just lacked technique then. So, give it another chance today and bingo! No problem and smooth as the Feather professional I have been using. Floris 1730 didn’t disappoint and neither did my brush which I made up yesterday. I’ll keep the details brief but I dropped my Crabtree & Evelyn brush the other day and badly chipped the plastic handle. (More tonic with your gin sir?) So, I recovered the brush knot, bought a new handle on Ali express, fettled the knot base and glued it in.
2 passes and pick ups for bbs.
Have a great evening fellas!

View attachment 108466

No you don't lack technique. Just the blade lacks an edge.

@Boycie83 sent me a dispenser of them, probably more in the hope I would slash myself, need suturing and remove a challenger for his self proclaimed 'best looking bloke' claim. They made great recycle bin material.

Wish you continued luck with the Proshave S blade. I, on the other hand found every shave to be extremely rough. And I tried them in all the AC razors I own.
You may be right but this morning it was ok. Could be that the QC isn’t good and some blades are good and others not?
I’ll check it again tomorrow. Clutching at straws maybe.

Friday 8th July

AJFCJaVLkHH41mnP0y6BCmtVx0FfTzWLT25yl6KOUtlDYA0r-tA8-uff7w-sbzWiC9CI0MSeUPuLelVRog21kP8ox0DDpkRg5cAJV05gap5HIwcnHUSDEfNQRSZ1YYpEC5xHgqRfqEiZZoHmX6o6z4Jm_P37cw=w800

Dr Selby Shaving Bowl & DSC Professional w/Synbad Synthetic Fan 26mm
Zinn Gem & Schick Twin Injector (5)
Avon Musk Aftershave

Same again.

I tried out my new acquisition, the Avon Musk aftershave. Distinctly different from Coty Musk and Jovan Musk, which are often talked about in the same breath, being the greenest of these three. In many respects, it's much like Clubman Musk. Vintage, so a good alcoholic splash. I'm going to enjoy this aftershave!

You may be right but this morning it was ok. Could be that the QC isn’t good and some blades are good and others not?
I’ll check it again tomorrow. Clutching at straws maybe.
When I used Proshave S in the OC Hawk v3, they were pretty smooth. Not as smooth as Schick Prolines, but much smoother than Feather Pros, as much as that is a low bar for smoothness.
However, I don't use AC razors often, so maybe I had one good blade in the magazine.

Away all week, so after if used the Tech set#27 to get the last shaves out of the blade, I decided to take my birth year slim with me and some perma sharp blades.

Fine barber blue and Signature Leodis were the different soap and splash combo's and I used my travel synth.

Good shaves all week and as I was spoken by the light streaming in very early each day found I had time for leisurely 3 pass shaves each day.

Attachments

• 20230707_133455.jpg
    20230707_133455.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom