Razor: ATT SE1 Windsor
Blade: Schick Proline (3)
Brush: APS 28mm SynBad
Soap: Wickham Ninfeo di Egeria
Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetiver
ASL: L'Oréal Ice Impact
ASB: RSC

IMG_20200513_164209_1.jpg

A slightly different photo today. I was setting up for my SOTD photo when my youngest daughter decided she wanted to be part of it. A dad can never say no to his daughter so you can see the result above.

Another nice shave with the SE1 and a DFS+ finish from 2.5 passes. The AP brush only shed a single hair today so I think it will be ok.

My Shave this Morning

My second go with the straight and I did more of my face today and did the Right side of my neck , I decided my skill level wasn't quite ready for the Chin or to shave my neck left handed. No Cuts and a great finish on the bits I could do , The Rocca Kindly tied up for me on the Chin and left of the Neck.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Russian 5/8 Straight and Muhle Rocca
Brush: Razorock R400 with Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Mdc Fougere
DE Blade: Gillette Nacet
Splash: Quorum
Balm : Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: Dunhill Black

20200514_134343 2.jpg

If I could give this shave a 6 out 5 I would! Earlier in the week I grabbed a very minty 48-51 Gillette Aristocrat that was brought home by my lovely bride. It was a lovely and thoroughly enjoyable shave. Today I reached for the grail in my 34-35 Aristocrat. Long story on how this white whale was caught but I am very glad it is in my collection!

Soap of the day First Line Shave Blue. This lovely soap is a dupe of Calvin Klein Eternity and just like it's Red brother a portion of the sales go to charities supporting the first responder community. Fantastic soap and the matching AS is excellent!

Oh my! A wonderful three pass BBS shave. Sinful really it was so good! Just great gear and great shave for excellent charities! Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1934-35
Blade: Gillette Rubie Platinum
Brush: APShave Co. 24mm Silk Smoke
Lather: First Line Shave Blue
Aftershave: First Line Shave Blue
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Salvatore Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale
D9014605-ECC8-4309-9C81-069D4C1A4ADF.jpeg

Thursday AM 2020-05-14

Rooney Stubby 3XL Ivory Finest (30/52)
Woods of Windsor shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Ti/WRH7 Ti
Schick Super Chromium (8)
Woods of Windsor aftershave

09QoTtl.jpg

How do you find the TOBS soap. I'd recently been struggling with mine which is a few years old now. Do you face or bowl lather yours?

My wife brought me the soap back from a London business trip late last year. I really like the scent and I have not had any issue lathering the soap. I exclusively face lather. I will admit I don't use it often so I add a touch of water on top of the puck while I shower.

Date:- 15 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Trismegistus
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Back
Top Bottom