SOTD : Saturday 09th May - Friday 15th May 2020

Friday's Shave

My first shave completely with the Straight Razor , I did a WTG and ATG pass using both hands , when well a tiny bit of Razor burn on my neck due to poor technique , but other than that a good shave.

Preshave: Argan Oil Soap
Razor: Russian 5/8 Straight
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Fan Synthetic
Soap: S.V. Tundra Artica
Splash: Speick Active
Balm : Bart's Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
EDT: CK Obsession

20200514_210940 2.jpg

Friday 15th May

Pre - Pre De Pravia Soap
Cream - Ach Brito Lavanda
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3 26mm Synth
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium #2
Toner - Witch Hazel Bergamot & Cedarwood
Post - Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL

Unusually for me, a morning shave with only 36 hours growth. I needed a distraction from back pain (trapped nerve/sciatica bought on by landscaping the back garden yesterday)
Ach Brito is always a pleasure to use, with its lovely Lavender scent and top drawer performance.

Please accept this in place of a SOTD photo. .

The Flamingo Lily is a gift from my Grandchildren

15/05/20
Pre: 1912 Scottish Heather
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap: 1912 Scottish Heather
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (8)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Arran Machrie
Aftershave: Arran Machrie

Wk 20 (7)a.jpg
Some wonderful shaves this week finishing with the General V2.
Although i have enjoyed using the Blackbird and he is a most handsome devil and very good at what he is supposed to do, i am not 100% sure it would get a regular spot in my rotation, i have better "suited to me" razors to use.
BBS, Feeling and smelling real good.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day all.

Last edited:
Friday 15th May
Alpha Outlaw - OSP Bay Rum - GEM Damaskeene - GEM SSC #1 - BigBoar's No4 Bay Rum - Aloe Vera Gel
mmIgvSS.jpg

The Dammy shave today is the start of my 1912 fest, as I'm going to shave through my 1912 collection.

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - Trumpers Eucris
Brush - Traditional Shave Co. Silver tip Badger
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (5)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

I had been a little sore around the corners of my mouth the last few days, although, it came on after having marmite on toast. Today I decided to go very light in that area. Just one full pass, Second pass I missed the moustache area and corners of the mouth. Third pass I just touched up my side burns (bottom at the corner and an area under my chin. I look clean shaven, there are a few rough patches to the touch. A comfortable shave none the less.

IMG_7617.jpg

Antica Barbieria Colla Cream
Envy Shave ‘8 ball' black wolf
ATT M1 Hempel titanium barberpole
Astra SP #4
Epsilon ‘Blue Mediterranean'

Very pleasant shave with the expensive soap that easily lathers with a high almond oil content is it worth the price? Probably not. Shave result was good finished off with the Epsilon aftershave that is in my book very nice.

Fri 15th SOTD
Soap PAA Solstice
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Game Changer.84 SB
Blade SuperMax Vidyut SS 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
PAA Cavendish Aftershave
Oooopppss...wayyy too much lather...! LOL...
Top quality soap. Super creamy today and slick too. Nice mild scent. Did not finish the lather..save it for my SO to use as face wash..LOL. Nice brush to apply today's creamy lather...
Shave with razor paired with blade was ok...reasonably smooth but not so efficient. Perhaps the blade. 3 multiple passes enough for no issues result between BBS and DFS. Rating 9/10. Have a great and safe weekend to all...!!
20200515_091227.jpg
20200515_093607.jpg
Left with more than enough lather for night shower face wash and I am gonna see if it's ok & enough for tomorrow's shave...

Friday 15th May

Pre - Pre De Pravia Soap
Cream - Ach Brito Lavanda
Brush - Simpson Trafalgar T3 26mm Synth
Razor - RazoRock Game Changer .84-P
Blade - SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium #2
Toner - Witch Hazel Bergamot & Cedarwood
Post - Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla ASL

Unusually for me, a morning shave with only 36 hours growth. I needed a distraction from back pain (trapped nerve/sciatica bought on by landscaping the back garden yesterday)
Ach Brito is always a pleasure to use, with its lovely Lavender scent and top drawer performance.

Please accept this in place of a SOTD photo. .

The Flamingo Lily is a gift from my Grandchildren
I suffer from bad back myself and I know how painful it can be. I hope you recover soon. Take care!

Back
Top Bottom