SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

Mon 11 SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans London
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
Very good quality lather from the soap! An aromatic nice mild scent (but growing stronger) with a very creamy and slick lather...
Missed using SR due to work & limited time but the itch won't go away so just did it anyway...managed 2passes with an acceptable sas result without any issues. The razor's edge was soooo smooth and the entire shave although hurried but very enjoyable. Aftershaves were excellent.
20211011_002018.jpg20211011_132847.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Occam Enoch v1.0
Blade: AC Feather pro (9)
Lather: Noble Otter - Barrbarr - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave
Post Shave: Stirling Soap Co. - Barbershop - Balm

and yet another outing with Enoch. Great 3 passes.
@Satanfriendly @Boycie83 okay, this time blade fell out only once when putting the top cap on but nothing of the extreme falling out can daily well deal with it so far - maybe it’s beginners luck? Hah

Another sample got used up - Barrbarr by NO. Good scent on that one, I find it quite a bit cinnamon forward. Do prefer the Stirling barbershop though. Thinking about it now I only have wickhams gothic revival as a barbershop scent… maybe I’ll need to pick up moon soaps union (American barbershop ) or Stirling barbershop. Hard choice hah!

continuing on with trying to kill the xxx aftershave … but it refuses to go down! Still around half way mark hah! For tomorrow I’ve also prepared Stirling Haverford sample to use. Will try to switch to morning shaves - somehow finding myself to be a bit more busy in the evenings nowadays - so that could free up some more time.

stay safe gentlemen !
Geez, ditch that thing and get an injector! (y)

First day of the work week, I haven't shaved since Friday evening, so had a few days growth ready for an OC shave. I'm still not enamoured with the face feel of an OC razor, but I have managed a DFS this morning

Also, my wife said she couldn't be bothered wrapping up the soap and AS splash, so it's been broken out for a try today. I do like it, though it's not the usual scent I would go for - it reminds me of my grandad. Everything about the soap was fantastic, super slick, super cushioned and I probably head enough loaded on the brush for another couple of passes. I think that was because of the soap being a bit softer than most of my others and me overloading, but really nice nonetheless.

Merkur 41C, my only OC razor, with a Gillette 7 o clock super platinum loaded. As I said, I much prefer the feel of the straight bar on a CC razor. I could probably do with using a different handle as well, as I found it a little slippery when wet.

DFS and a bit of nostalgia with the scent of the splash.

Up and at 'em chaps'
Gary
You shouldn't be able to feel the teeth, going by face feel, I can't tell if I'm using an OC or guard bar. Perhaps you're using too steep an angle, try putting a little more cap on your face. (y)

Monday 11th October
Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Star 1912 - GEM Stainless Coated #10 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
2S8j6Aa.jpg

Green shaven!!!!
Beautiful Star, amazing handle!!!

E5BD8A09-20CE-4225-99A7-46B9027C1CF8.jpeg

SOTD: 11/10/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Interview today so wanted a quick, smooth and easy shave, so each of these items were chosen chosen specifically for that purpose. The MSC is just delightful and the 2nd use was even better than the first. The matching splash was just the wake up call I needed. The razor and brush never disappoint and today was no exception. A fabulous start to a tough day ahead!

View attachment 78208

SOTD: 11/10/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Puck
Aftershave: Master Soap Creations Night On The Town Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Interview today so wanted a quick, smooth and easy shave, so each of these items were chosen chosen specifically for that purpose. The MSC is just delightful and the 2nd use was even better than the first. The matching splash was just the wake up call I needed. The razor and brush never disappoint and today was no exception. A fabulous start to a tough day ahead!
Good luck with the interview (y)

11/10/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin
Soap - OSP Sandalwood
Razor - Focus R28
Blade - 0.5 7OC Russian Green (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - OSP Sandalwood

Wk 41  (3).JPG
A brilliant little razor which i do not use enough, 2 passes with some touch up for a DFS++ finish. I may have got the angle a little out on the throat as the Witch Hazel indicated as such.
just as well James new splash does not sting as much as the original versions.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom