SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

Sat 9 SOTD
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette New LC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 2nd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + RazoRock Puros Splash
Another excellent lather from the soap...richly creamy and very slick...
A good shave with this razor and blade pairing. Easy, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a mostly bbs finish with 2 micros red dots. The tobacco leaf aftershave is so pure...tobacco leaf aroma!
20211009_102353.jpg

SOTD : 9th October 2021.

21.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. ( D5.)
Razor: Gem OC Micromatic.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd Victor N0:9 EdT.

Greetings,

(OCtober-Open Comb razor week.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...I missed the start of the OCtober open comb razor month so I'll do a full week with my OC razors to make up for lost time....Starting with the assertive Gem OC Micromatic....I've said it before treat any razor with respect, learn your technique, gain your shaving confidence and you'll be rewarded with some sublime shaves.

The mild scented Cella bio Aloe Vera shaving cream provided me with a great protective slick lather in no time leaving a superb post shave feel.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Victor N0:9 EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
First of a new SOTD week and one themed 'I should have listened'

20211008_172937.jpg

Listen mate - Colonial General
Told you so - Feather Professional
Cloth ears - AP Shaving 30mm Cashmere
In one out the other - MDC Agrume

First time out with a Professional blade. People were correct and a really smashing blade. Feels just like a Super minus the 'this is fucking sharp' aspect. Very enjoyable.

The new MDC is a real winner and about as lemony as a lemon. Nearly.

Should have listened on the Professional. In the words of my granddaughters, 'Granddad, you're rubbish'. And I am

And especially for @Digimonkey the return of Yoshi and those Aldious ladies. Enjoy.

Have a wonderful weekend you people, and don't forget, I love you all

Today's shave:

rdt211009zrjrt.jpg

- Stirling Tuscany
- Semogue BC 2013 LE Mistura
- Mühle CC with NoName handle and Feather blade
- Tüff red aftershave

:D

9D84D1A9-6FAF-48D4-8508-8777B2263446.jpeg

SOTD: 09/10/2021

Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub
Razor: Pear Flexi
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Jean Paul Gautier Le Male EDT
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm

A lovely clean shave, I was a little apprehensive about my first shave with the ‘difficult’ Mitchell’s Wool Fat but my little Yaqi knocked it out the park! I left the soap to bloom while I showered, then loaded up and face lathered which in hindsight was a mistake. A little thin at first, I added more soap and I got a great thick luxurious lather, that was my only hick up, and if I’d bowl lathered I probably would have noticed it was too thin at first. I love the basic, fresh old classic soap scent. Post shave was great but not as good as I’d expected from reading about it on here, but maybe I need to work the lather a little more, that said I can think of a number of better soaps in that respect, Hampshire, CK6 based soaps and Master Soaps are just a few As well as Tabac. I’m probably sounding too critical as it’s lovely, is a keeper and will definitely stay in my large soap rotation, but it’s not a slam duck to my top 3 or even 5.
The Pearl is a lovely solidly built piece of kit, and has never delivered anything but fabulous shaves. Today is no different, and it’s beginning to feel like the only adjustable I need. Yes I’m reassessing my ‘need’ for the Karve! (I still want it though!)
Going to run and hide now from all the ‘fat’ fans but I did enjoy it I promise!

Saturday 9th October SOTD

Soap • SV Cosmo
Brush • Yaqi Mokka Express
Razor • Cobra (on loan)
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (5)
Post • L'Oréal Birch Sap Balm
Scent • Al Rehab Al Fares Perfume Oil

Five shaves in with this fine razor now, and it has behaved very well (especially for a razor that came with a warning).
It shaves very close, and attention needs to be heightened, especially whan shaving ATG.
Most definitely not a razor for a beginner imo.

Saturday

Le Pere Lucien Cèdre et Patchouli
Simpson Trafalgar T2 synth 24mm
Face lather
Gillette New (England, 1934)
Super Iridium Extra Stainless (4)
Men’s Master Professional after shave

I think the LPL soap is one of those ones where nothing more than a damp brush is required to get a reasonable lather. With too much flow-through, it can be a little bit airy. Still good stuff though.

Toiling a bit on the providence of this razor, though. The box is an American* Gillette one; but the razor is an English New. From what I can glean from Mr. Razor, it’s closest approximation visually is either part of what was a ‘Jewelry Set’ or a French edition. Regardless, it’s a great shaver. If anyone can shed light on its heritage, I’d be grateful.

*(edit. the box is ‘Made in U.S.A. Known the World Over’).

D483D856-C0FF-4770-9B26-23BE10E4A148.jpeg

Last edited:
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Hive Moaksoft HD Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor/Blade:- Karve SS 'SB-D' / Vintage Gillette US Spoiler #7
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Back
Top Bottom