SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

Saturday AM 2021-10-09
National Moldy Cheese Day
DWdZCp6.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB 0.74/WRH3
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (6)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave
h6QnurY.jpg

Saturday 9th October

AM-JKLWkRJX6bLFH8yqvMqRJbpJCZWGLGf5zqXfieOtM5mNMpgpETI-wGnv1FI9aF_hrdy9M3BRpIBFJLcL0S6wF01tCqHza7stKdYUzVMV_ykkyD1ILNHDSHYO3BNGCZuTAgsOR2JQv6Z-5RR90jMdle7SU6w=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Faena Greek Skinos Shaving Soap
Omega Professional w/Blonde Boar 28mm
RazoRock Hawk (A Plate)
Feather ProGuard (6)
Jovan Musk Aftershave Cologne

Much thanks to @Satanfriendly for the soap. Great! Now I smell of window putty and turps! No, seriously, thanks matey! The soap scent is Greek Skinos, which after a little reading is "a thing" if you're Greek and a great evocation of childhood. I'm rather glad there isn't such a scent from my childhood as I grew up in the fallout shadow of a chemical works, downwind of a sewerage farm. Back to the Faena soap, it's a "lentisque" scent, one of mastic gum. The soap is tallow and lanolin, so formula-wise a good one for me.

10D31F61-B488-4D21-871E-CE4A21F7B2B2.jpeg

Gillette Aristocrat #22, Gillette Nacet, Hand-carved Ash 27mm Boar, Derby Stick, Turkish Lemon Cologne, Boot’s Freshwood Balm.

Poor today. From the first pass the lather indicated the tell-tale signs of coming irritation and indeed this was borne out. I read the word “irksome” in an earlier post and that’s just the word to describe the situation at the point. Alas, it developed from irksome to troublesome and finally onto loathsome. I’m decently well shaved with no razor induced damage but my skin is a tad afire. First time this has happened with Derby so I’m rather glad I didn’t buy that 12 pack of its near-identical twin, ARKO.

MATRON! Fetch the yellow ones, won’t you old thing?

5FD39CFC-6D8C-4C6E-974D-200E99F56A92.jpeg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Occam Enoch v1.0
Blade: AC Feather pro (8)
Lather: Noble Otter - Barrbarr - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave
Post Shave: Stirling Soap Co. - Barbershop - Balm

Great 3 pass shave with Enoch. It's my second outing with it and must say - I don't find blade loading problematic at all. Place blade onto the tabs, slide the top cap on, then screw it on - and done! 3 passes for DFS on neck/BBS everywhere else.

BarrBarr lathered up with ease - but must say I do prefer the stirling barbershop scent to it. I know for a lot of people it seems to be too sweet, but for myself it's one of better barbershop scents I've tried. Sometime I might need to grab a tub... or maybe swap my wickhams gothic revival duo for stirling barbershop set... need to consider the options! Some stinging from XXX aftershave... it's down to about half way so plenty of it left still! When I'm not sure what to use I tend to reach for it - just to get it down!

All in all, good shave!

Sun 10 SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 3rd
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Bergamot Lavender + Stirling Executive Man
Good lather from the cream. The pleasantly soothing scent, creamy and slick qualities...
The razor is good but somehow the blade is not...so the shave was a bit scrappy and not so smooth. Managed 3passes for a ccs/sas result. Aftershaves were nice though.
20211010_102837.jpg

SOTD : 10th October 2021.

22.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D1)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB./Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The star of the shave this morning was the Palmolive Classic Shave cream.. it’s a fantastic cream and it leaves a great slick residue. I live in a hard water too, which some creams and soaps i have struggled to achieve a good lather this is not the case with the humble Palmolive Classic...Superb stuff!:love:

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups comfort shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd London 2000 EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

10/10/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original cold water face wash
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - PILS 101 NL Hi Polished "Thor's Hammer"
Blade - Rapira Platinum Lux (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - OSP Spice Road

Wk 41  (2).JPG
I enjoyed that!
Lately i have been in 2 minds whether to pick up a WS-D2, i had moved on the AS-D2 in favour of the PILS as i find it a better for me razor, however, the WS looks really nice.
Well, today's shave with the PILS confirmed i really don't "need" the WS and it has been taken off the wanted list.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Back
Top Bottom