SOTD: Saturday 09 to Friday 15 of October 2021

m2WWbY0.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Aussie Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Lotion

The Aussie Spoiler blade worked wonderfully well with the Blackbird.

09/10/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo
Soap - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - 6/8 Koraat B-II Near wedge - Cocobolo
edge - Ulrik
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - OSP Eucalyptus & Menthol

Wk 41 (1).JPG

Another really nice shave with the Koraat today, last week i seemed to find an angle sweet spot which has smoothed the shave out, my blade angle has been changed ever so slightly flatter, it seems to be working for me.
It could all go bang very soon.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

For this morning's shave I went for

Soap - Tabac
Brush - yaqi red bristle (think the name is something to do with ferrari but its forget)
Blade - bic
Razor - pearl flexi
Post shave - perspi stick alum followed by a good splash of old spice

First outing for the pearl flexi for me. I'm a bit conflicted on it, the results are great but the shaving experience wasn't my favourite honestly, it's possibly the weight of it that threw me. I started on setting one and quickly ramped up to five which was great for knocking back growth on the first pass. I ended up going 3 passes on my face and 2 on the neck (I tend to go with then diagonally xtg on my neck). Passes 2 and 3 weren't as comfortable as my de89, I found setting 2.5 was OK but not perfect. I'll keep at it but at the moment it's looking like I might be running straight back to my de89 in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
SotD. -Fritz Bracht 1940s Tennis 5/8 full hollow -Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite 26mm synthetic Wash with La Toja Magno soap Speick shave stick Baxter of California AS balm. A beautifully close and comfortable shave with these slick soaps and a simple yet effective vintage blade. The brush is super soft and flowing for a face lather with the slippery Speick. Have a great weekend chaps20211009_122150.jpg

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: RR 400

Razor: Feather AS D2

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block then Castle Forbes Lavender balm

DE Shave #19

Shave #4 with the AS D2

Another very satisfying shave, marginally better than Thursday's shave. The feeling from the Alum block was back to an all face tingle. I did manage one nick, which I initially thought may need the styptic pencil but it didn't.

All this bay rum going on! I actually don't know what it smells like but I just like the sound of it and I've been meaning to try some for absolutely ages. I'll get some Benjamin's at some point, but good to know that James might be releasing one of his in that scent.
Boots do a Bay Rum hair tonic for about £2.50, that doubles as an afrtrshave. Add a few drops of glycerine, and it's even better.

Saturday, 9 October

PreShave: Warm to hot water—from the tap
Cream: GFT Eucris
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade Astra sp (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Eucrus

Today’s shave was a three-pass shave with my usual Saturday setup, and back to the usual Astra. Have a good start to the weekend folks.

Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade =Feather ( 1 )
Brush = The Lovely Solar Flare By PAA
Soap = OSP Urban Viking Sample
Aftershave = Nivea 2 Phase
Balm = Baxter’s Of California.

Another Mix & Match and not the best shave for me today.
i must have a dozen weepers because i was in a rush
Well Scotland are playing Israel & i was determined to catch it to the detriment to my puss lol never mind ah
it will all be worth it if we get a win.

I have to say i was a bit disappointed with the scent of this soap, not actually the scent but the lack of it.
i love OSP soaps & have few but this one just didn’t do it for me.
i’m actually surprised so perhaps i’m coming down with a cold or something but i’ll try it again in a couple of days.
Most of my gear is now packed away as i’m heading home on Thursday / Friday and i can’t wait.
Anyway not to worry Onwards & Upwards
Stay Safe Lads
89800B0D-3CAA-4C16-9477-CE44248F4603.jpeg

Sotd-09-10-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - Vector (on loan)
blade - Feather Pro (4)
brush - Semogue 2000 boar
soap - D.R Harris Arlington
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut Original
balm - none
scent - Essence Vault (Terre d H.)

Modern razor and old-school software - what's not to like? Superb - greater than the sum of its parts. Enjoy yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom