razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Feather Pro (6)
brush - Wee Scot LE best
soap - Haslinger Sheep - old tallow version - pre-2017
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea 2 in 1
balm - none
scent - Essence Vault 300 - Creed - 'Silver Mountain Water.'

Excellent - I notice that the Feather Pro's hit their 'sweet spot' at about the same time as the Proline P30 - five or six shaves in. Any initial roughness - minimal in this case - has gone but no drop in performance is yet discernible. I might guess somewhere north of 10 uses could be a reasonable estimate as to longevity. We'll see. Enjoy shaving - and think of all the money you are saving! :) - I.

Monday AM 2021-10-11
Book 'Three Blind Mice' published on this date, London, 1609
8xt6y6c.jpg

Rooney Stubby 2 Porcelain Finest (24/50)
Acqua di Parma Colonia shaving soap (original)
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Aristocrat Brass
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (8)
Acqua di Genova 1853 aftershave
x2cHHDF.jpg

PS-Trumpers Skin Food
Brush-Phoenix Rocket
Blade-Timor
Soap-Salt Lake City Lime
Razor-Feather DER-A*
AS-Barts Sample E
AAS-Lavender Oil Dilute

* When I bought this razor I thought it was everything you don’t expect from Feather, flimsy construction and indifferent finish. However its my travel razor and despite umpteen foreign trips hasn’t dropped to bits yet so it has some merits! Gave a good result with one my last Timors.

How you find the Essence Vault Offerings? I am a little biased as they are located a stone's throw from where I used to live in NI.
I don't have much to compare it too, to be honest B. I tried some samples from Copycat and wasn't overly impressed - but the stuff from Essence Vault is worth wearing for me at the price. I have had the original of Terre de Hermes and it compares not bad - maybe more grapefruit than orange in the opening? One definite difference is the lack of projection in the clone - it is there but stays close to the skin - if that makes any sense? - that being said, the longevity is excellent. Put it on in the afternoon and you can still detect it when you get in the shower next morning. I've had a couple of compliments wearing it - so, job done for me. :cool: I'm shallow - I know. I'll use it again. I'd happily try other Essence Vault scents but maybe stick to clones that I have not owned - go by the scent profiles alone - otherwise you just end up comparing the two - and that isn't going to work - the real thing will always be superior. It is a useful option though - cheap enough to be used everyday - I feel some sort of occasion necessary to bring out the real Creed given what it costs. Bottom line with EV - I happily wear it. Cheers - I.

Monday 11th October

AM-JKLXXS0cQVGSGwG1jEpr7A571__4w9wqgiK9TSHDYdOe0ggwMD8o8x4z16WivB5W8G2qjpUx1yeuTaw6Io8_qm9PNj5iNg1wQWUCbwaQGZh044gnmf-UWAGQ37XyI8nBvzmOQEUQCQvc-GtS5r5esoxbVfg=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Signature Soaps Britannia Shaving Soap
Yaqi Dandelion w/Cashmere Synthetic 24mm
RazoRock Hawk (A Plate)
Feather ProSuper (1)
Brut Splash-On

Another soap first go for me, tonight with Signature Soaps. My chum @Satanfriendly sent me some soaps surplus to his requirement and this is one I was either going to love or hate, and potentially put me onto or put me off the brand. The scent is aniseed, peppermint and spearmint. I have a particular like for peppermint as a gentle, cooling shaving soap which I find is a lot more welcome than the usual face-freezing menthol. The aniseed is very present when smelling in the tin, but when lathered it is skillfully tempered by the spearmint. I very much enjoyed the scent! The lather itself bloomed up into a thick, slick and shiny lather with little effort and performed exactly as expected. It's a damn good soap! Well done @BrianH

Brut Splash-On worked out just right, the mint quenching any burn and the scent just picking back up on the anise. Perfect!

The last time I used a Feather ProSuper, it was in a Feather Artist Club Kamisori. I made a lovely sweep along my jawline and in horror-show slow-motion, I watched as the blade caught, the razor turned and it beached into the side of my chin leaving a right cut! Thankfully, the blade is so surgically sharp that the cut healed over easily and did not leave a visible scar.

The Hawk A plate, to me, is just perfect and with a regular Feather Professional delivers a shave that I practically cannot feel. With the Feather ProSuper, it gets back some character. Moreover, it returned me to being able to make a single pass shave where the regular Feather Professional on the Hawk A plate doesn't quite cut it without having to go over a couple of areas again. That said, I enjoyed it so much and wanted to lather up again with the soap, so made a second pass anyway.

Smooth ... yes, with a captal SMOO! < Cat from 'Red Dwarf'

... and just to tie it all together, here's Danny John-Jules (actor, 'Red Dwarf' Cat characted) in the Spearmint Polo advert:

I don't have much to compare it too, to be honest B. I tried some samples from Copycat and wasn't overly impressed - but the stuff from Essence Vault is worth wearing for me at the price. I have had the original of Terre de Hermes and it compares not bad - maybe more grapefruit than orange in the opening? One definite difference is the lack of projection in the clone - it is there but stays close to the skin - if that makes any sense? - that being said, the longevity is excellent. Put it on in the afternoon and you can still detect it when you get in the shower next morning. I've had a couple of compliments wearing it - so, job done for me. :cool: I'm shallow - I know. I'll use it again. I'd happily try other Essence Vault scents but maybe stick to clones that I have not owned - go by the scent profiles alone - otherwise you just end up comparing the two - and that isn't going to work - the real thing will always be superior. It is a useful option though - cheap enough to be used everyday - I feel some sort of occasion necessary to bring out the real Creed given what it costs. Bottom line with EV - I happily wear it. Cheers - I.
Thank you Iain....my (slightly blinkered ) opinions ....exactly..

20211011_200017.jpg
SOTD 11th Oct
Soap - Soap Commander Honor
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem Personna SSC #1
Post - Cien Aqua lotion & Barts Balm Rosemary & Sandalwood
Excellent lather and great post shave were overshadowed by my foolish pairing of first use Gem blade and the mighty MMOC. A ton of blade feel and weepers were the result. However, all rectified with the Alum - but my face knows its been..... Gem'd!! ( is there such a word - no - but its the best way to describe it!)
Every day us a school day.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves

Back
Top Bottom