SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

SOTD : 11th March 2021.

View attachment 66172

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D4)
Razor: Parker 24C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL.

Greetings,

The last few days i have been in contact with HR and our union rep due to at the start of the week Greensill our major provider of finance to Liberty Steel have appoint administrators putting 5,000 jobs across the UK at risk at Liberty Steel plants....If the inevitable happens, which i personally think it will, then i will find another job.

While i have been on furlough i have been looking into other forms of employment i won't just sit around and let the grass grow under my feet.

Back to the shave....
Last outing of the Asco Super Stainless blade which has performed adequately with each shave.. However, today i thought the blade would have started to lose it's smoothness, but to my surprise it didn't.

Over the past few months i have been pushing my blades to the max, as before that regardless of the blade manufacturer or origin i used it for two shaves then it was binned...Each time i use Williams my love for it grows...I'll be honest and and say i bought it purely for it's classic vintage cover and like Arko I don’t mind the scent ( which some people don't ) to me both have a clean lemon soap scent it creates an acceptable slick smooth lather, which an dissipate from time to time if you don't get the mix right, but overall it does the job.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Brut ~Attraction Totale ASL

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Like everyone else on this forum, wishing you all the best for the future...

Keep smiling .

11/3/21

Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Soap - Haslinger Honey
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (6)
Post - Brut Oceans

First time using the Haslinger Honey which @doughnut operator very generously sent me (with a sample of Dusy Kabinett, thank you greatly). It's quite a small round of soap but I loaded it for a few seconds and the lather exploded, it's a very concentrated soap which I wasn't expecting and overloaded the brush for sure but the lather was a fairly good one nonetheless.

AFAIK there have been a few different formulations of Haslinger over the last few years, there was the tallow one to begin with, then they reformulated to use palm oil as the base and for a few of them they are using coconut oil as the base, this particular example seems to use coconut oil as far as I can tell.

I've read of Haslinger being influenced by MWF but I couldn't see much similarity to be honest. MWF can require some work to get the lather going be it for loading time, sensitivity to the water softness but the lather is a great one, slick and dense with a great post shave feel. The Haslinger seems to explode at the sight of water and a brush and it's early days for sure but I'd say the lather is closer to the one of a German shaving stick eg Tabac/Palmolive than MWF.

The scent of the lather is a bit of a weird one, it's supposed to be honey but to my nose it smells a bit like Sugar Puffs which is a pleasant enough smell but a bit odd to have it in a shaving soap.

A nice 3 pass shave in the end though, even if I picked up a nick on my cheek and a blemish developed by my nose a few hours after the shave.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day.

Sotd-11-03-21.jpg

This afternoon -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 slant - on s/s handle
blade - Trig - Silver Edge (1)
soap - Kent - hard tallow
brush - AP Shave - Silksmoke
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus N Locion
balm - La Toja.

All good - excellent even. I was minded by the post of @Scotshave earlier to consider my slants - of the few I own, this is
my favourite. Extremely mild in use but very efficient - it is one of those razors - like the Rockwell - that you could jam a
lump of broken pint glass in it - and still get a great result. I don't know if they are still made - they are from the Shavecraft
range - aluminium - personally I think it needs a heavier steel handle. The head is a bit odd - in that it is asymmetrical -
there are a differing number of scallops on each comb. I don't know if that is supposed to make the sides shave differently,
I can't tell - but then again - I can't detect any difference between the two sides on the Shavecraft 101. Slant-wise - at the very
opposite end of the scale to the Yaqi double open comb - which is basically, a very angry pit viper on a stick. :eek:.

A great shave - that all came together a treat - I wish the same to you all - cheers - I.

Oh - S. - if you wanted to try the X3 - let me know - and I can send you the through the head to see if it might suit.

Pre = Fitjar Islands Charcoal Bar
Soap = Barrister & Mann Frankly My Pear
Razor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Gillette Platinum ( 1 )
Balm = B&M Matching Soap
Splash TOBS Eton College.
Another New Blade for me today
if i’m not mistaken this is the blade that @Kevy had down as his number 1 favourite and i have to say it’s another cracker.
Don’t think iv had a blade that i haven’t been keen on recently they have all been class.
The jury’s out on the soap for me,
don’t get me wrong it does everything it’s meant to but the scent profile compared to A&E Asian Pear are night & day.
Probably me being overly fussy about Scent.
Over all another brilliant shave.
Stay Safe Boys
399912A6-08FC-463B-BF56-9F9A90E2349D.png

11/3/21

Brush - Yaqi 24mm Plissoft
Soap - Haslinger Honey
Razor - Ball End Tech
Blade - Astra SP (6)
Post - Brut Oceans

First time using the Haslinger Honey which @doughnut operator very generously sent me (with a sample of Dusy Kabinett, thank you greatly). It's quite a small round of soap but I loaded it for a few seconds and the lather exploded, it's a very concentrated soap which I wasn't expecting and overloaded the brush for sure but the lather was a fairly good one nonetheless.

AFAIK there have been a few different formulations of Haslinger over the last few years, there was the tallow one to begin with, then they reformulated to use palm oil as the base and for a few of them they are using coconut oil as the base, this particular example seems to use coconut oil as far as I can tell.

I've read of Haslinger being influenced by MWF but I couldn't see much similarity to be honest. MWF can require some work to get the lather going be it for loading time, sensitivity to the water softness but the lather is a great one, slick and dense with a great post shave feel. The Haslinger seems to explode at the sight of water and a brush and it's early days for sure but I'd say the lather is closer to the one of a German shaving stick eg Tabac/Palmolive than MWF.

The scent of the lather is a bit of a weird one, it's supposed to be honey but to my nose it smells a bit like Sugar Puffs which is a pleasant enough smell but a bit odd to have it in a shaving soap.

A nice 3 pass shave in the end though, even if I picked up a nick on my cheek and a blemish developed by my nose a few hours after the shave.

Anyway chaps, I hope you have a good day.
"Don't forget to tell them about the honey mummy" !!! :)

Paul.Screenshot_20210311-164636~2.png

Last edited:
11 March

Signature Soaps Danum
Blackland Signature
Blackland Vector
Feather Professional
Signature Soaps Danum asl

View attachment 66179

A wonderful shave this morning. My first use of the Signature Soaps soaps. The Danum was my blind pick, as I was not familiar with the scent of patchouli. I’m not sure about the scent yet, but the performance of this soap is second to none, even in my hard water. I used the sample of Danum after shave lotion that Brian had kindly included with my soaps, and it was very nice too. The patchouli scent was stronger in the aftershave, I think it’s a fresh, earthy scent, but my nose hasn’t been all that since Covid so don’t quote me.
Thank you

View attachment 66199

This afternoon -

prep - facial scrub
razor - Ikon X3 slant - on s/s handle
blade - Trig - Silver Edge (1)
soap - Kent - hard tallow
brush - AP Shave - Silksmoke
post - witch hazel
a/s - Deliplus N Locion
balm - La Toja.

All good - excellent even. I was minded by the post of @Scotshave earlier to consider my slants - of the few I own, this is
my favourite. Extremely mild in use but very efficient - it is one of those razors - like the Rockwell - that you could jam a
lump of broken pint glass in it - and still get a great result. I don't know if they are still made - they are from the Shavecraft
range - aluminium - personally I think it needs a heavier steel handle. The head is a bit odd - in that it is asymmetrical -
there are a differing number of scallops on each comb. I don't know if that is supposed to make the sides shave differently,
I can't tell - but then again - I can't detect any difference between the two sides on the Shavecraft 101. Slant-wise - at the very
opposite end of the scale to the Yaqi double open comb - which is basically, a very angry pit viper on a stick. :eek:.

A great shave - that all came together a treat - I wish the same to you all - cheers - I.

Oh - S. - if you wanted to try the X3 - let me know - and I can send you the through the head to see if it might suit.
Very kind, Iain; I’ll beat that in mind. Many thanks, S.

Back
Top Bottom