SOTD : Saturday 06th March to Friday 12th March 2021

Fri 12th SE SOTD
Cream Geo F. Trumpers Violet New 1st Use
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Yaqi AC Brass
Blade Feather ProGuard 6th Use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Wow...super impressed with this cream. Almost didn't smell anything but upon lathering...yes!! Nice, really nice pleasant scent. The cream is fantastic...just a little turns into a richly creamy and really slick lather. Good stuff...!!
Shave with the AC razor and blade setup is another enjoyable silky smooth, comfortable, and efficient 3pass for a BBS finish. The aftershave is terrific too. Awesome session!
20210312_095431.jpg

At 10 to 12 shaves per blade........cheaper than quite a few premium DE blades
+1 to this @Burnsy - a pack of these should last you nearly a year:

Providentially for me...the Hawk V3 has sold out at all the online shops, otherwise I'd probably be going down this route. What base plate and blades are best for this razor?
If you prefe very mild feeling razors, go for the Standard plate, you will get a smooth close shave every time.
The A plate is still very smooth, but turns up efficiency (without aggressiveness)

Last edited:
Providentially for me...the Hawk V3 has sold out at all the online shops, otherwise I'd probably be going down this route. What base plate and blades are best for this razor?
I have the OC & A Plate.IMHO the A plate is very good and probably the choice for an AC novice. Blades are very much a personal choice - Schick Proline or Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink are good. I could send you a couple of both to try if you go for the Razor.

FRIDAY ‌03/12/21 SOTD

ivTYnPq.jpg

Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat / Nacet
Yaqi‌ ‌Ruby‌ ‌Handle‌ ‌24mm‌ ‌2-Band‌ ‌Badger‌
RazoRock‌ ‌XXX‌ ‌Italian‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌Soap‌
RazoRock XXX Aftershave Splash

Todays Shave Kit Friday 12th March 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Wool Fat Lanolin
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 3.0, 3.0)
Blade: Tiger Stainless (1), swiftly changed after 1/2 of 1st pass WTG to a Gillette Blue
Post Shave ASL: Vecchia Torino ASL by Tcheon Fung Sing
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Cruachan - Lime Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Tried the Tiger Blade again today, then as its pulled/tugged on my face I had a eureka moment, I thought why on earth am I trying to make this blade work for me? I won't say anything else as my mum taught me if I've nothing nice to say, then say nothing, and I'm conscious a lot of people may well love this blade.

So after swapping to a Gillette Blue, for the other 2.5 passes a BBS DFS was had.

Out of all the Barts Balms there is only 1 I don't really like, so that will be another expense after last nights order of Connaughts EU products (wife was not impressed)

So here's the next thing, the first person who sends me there UK BASED full postal address on a PM, gets sent these for free :)
OK THE GIVE AWAY HAS ENDED @Jester HAS WON THESE :)

p.s. sorry @Boycie83 yes that is a screw top black tin you see there :)

IMG_0699.jpeg

IMG_0696.jpeg

Have a Great Day All

Joe

Last edited:
Todays Shave Kit Friday 12th March 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Wool Fat Lanolin
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia
Razor: Merkur Progress 500 (3.0, 3.0, 3.0)
Blade: Tiger Stainless (1), swiftly changed after 1/2 of 1st pass WTG to a Gillette Blue :)
Post Shave ASL: Vecchia Torino ASL by Tcheon Fung Sing
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms Cruachan - Lime Essential Oil
Post Shave Cologne: Geoffrey Beene - Bowling Green

Tried the Tiger Blade again today, then as its pulled/tugged on my face I had a eureka moment, I thought why on earth am I trying to make this blade work for me? I won't say anything else as my mum taught me if I've nothing nice to say, then say nothing, and I'm conscious a lot of people may well love this blade :)

So after swapping to a Gillette Blue, for the other 2.5 passes an BBS DFS was had :)

Out of all the Barts Balms there is only 1 I don't really like, so that will be another expense after last nights order of Connaughts EU products (wife was not impressed :)

So here's the next thing, the first person who sends me there UK BASED full postal address on a PM, gets sent these for free :)

View attachment 66227

Have a Great Day All :)

Joe

View attachment 66226
Top man, Joe. Those blades will be a great PIF for someone.

159842511_757085831582765_2279397693382768879_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Pre: None
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum (from Newbie Box)
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Mysterious Space
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)

That was an all-round nice shave to finish the working week. Wickham was lovely decent lather and scent, not as nice post-shave feel as the Signature of DR Harris soap in my opinion. First time using a Silver Blue, and it was a very clean, smooth run. Certainly up there with my faves. For me it's debatable how much more I like it over the Tiger and Voskhod :unsure: Time will tell.
Have a great weekend, gents. Unless you're an Italian rugby player. In that case, have a stinker and let Wales post a cricket score against you tomorrow :p

Hope you register for notification of restock with Italian Barber, as they go quick.

@Burnsy

In stock at Shaving Time

PM me if you want the discount code

Back
Top Bottom