SOTD : Saturday 06th February to Friday 12th February 2021.

Hi Chris

I've not found the blades (each on their first use) at all uncomfortable, quite the opposite.
The Feather Pro seemed a bit sharper/more pronounced than the Proline, but not aggressive feeling.

I'm in no rush to try other SE's at present, but who knows? !
I'm currently looking at where to buy Kai blades in the UK.
It seems on eBay most sellers are in Japan.

I think there is a Ebay seller, based in Sweden that sells Kai Pink's

Todays Shave Kit Tuesday 9th Feb 2021

Shave Score 9.5/10

PreShave: Hot Shower / NIVEA MEN DEEP Anti-Blackhead Scrub
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Cream: Proraso White Shaving Cream (tube)
Brush: Clear Confidence Co Synthetic Shaving Brush - Vegan-Friendly
Razor: Merkur 500 Progress (3.0, 2.5, 2.0)
Blade Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Proraso After Shave Green Refreshing
Post Shave Balm: Proraso Aftershave Balm White

Tried the Proraso White Shave Cream for the first time today, not bad at all, especially in my warm copper shaving bowl

Changed the way I'm using the Merkur Progress after tons of reading the web, so reversed the setting, WTG 3.0, XTG 2.5, and ATG 2.0.

Ended up with a BBS shave and zero irritation very happy indeed, starting to love this Merkur Progress, and I'll still experiment with the settings

Have a good day all.

9 February

PAA Dapper Doc’s
Blackland Signature
Blackland Blackbird
Feather Hi-stainless
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

Damn I couldn’t resist, but what a fabulous close shave I had this morning. The Dapper Doc’s soap is a heady mixture of lilac and fig and works as well as the other PAA soaps that I own (very well indeed). The Blackland signature brush is made very nicely with a black anodised aluminium handle and a smallish 23mm black synthetic knot (fab). The Blackland Blackbird is a stunning looking razor, which when loaded with a blade looks as if it will be aggressive, there is considerable blade exposure, but in truth it gave me a very close, comfortable shave. I love it.

Last edited:
The progress is a great razor

As Italian I am definitely biased but I think that Proraso brings a lot of value for the money - it's what you find in any supermarket (in fact difficult to find something else)...

As Italian I am definitely biased but I think that Proraso brings a lot of value for the money - it's what you find in any supermarket (in fact difficult to find something else)...
+1 for Proraso. Great value for money. It's the soap or cream I normally give to friends and colleagues when trying to convert them. The new Super Formula is very good.

I'm also a big fan of Proraso pre-shave products and aftershave lotions.

Stunning photo again Russ, glad you’re enjoying the brush.

Deepest condolences for your loss.

Shavemac 2016 TSR L.E.
Merkur 41c
Łódź Polsilver (1)
OSP Sandalwood
Humphrey’s witch hazel
OSP Sandalwood a/s lotion

Delightful. First use of an OSP aftershave splash. Excellent post shave nourishment, comparable to my favourite splashes such as Speick & Proraso, enhanced by the wonderful aroma of OSP’s Sandalwood.
Thoroughly refreshed. Enjoy yours and stay safe.