SOTD Saturday 05th Sept to Friday 11th Sept 2020

7/9/20

Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - German Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush - Yaqi Rainbow
Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Brut Oceans

Even though the results of the shave were great, but I needed to give the WS blade another go to see whether it irritates my skin and it definitely does. The only other blades I have encountered with coatings to irritate my skin are Derbys. So I'll sell the Wilks.

Have a good day chaps.

07/09/20

Razor: Schick Type M Adjustable
Blade: Personna (2)
Brush: AP Shave 24mm SynBad
Soap: OSP Neroli
Pre: Proraso Wood & Spice
ASL: 4711
ASB: LEA

IMG_20200906_191228-01.jpeg

I couldn't be doing with shaving whilst in the caravan so I had 72 hours of growth to take down today. Even wound fully open this adjustable is mild yet extremely efficient. It had no problem taking the pathetic beard down. The OSP was excellent - I'll be buying more of these as James makes them available. The AP Shave SynBad knot continues to impress as well. An excellent shave altogether!

07/09/20
Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade: @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Alum Block, Cold water Rinse, TC's Bay Rum splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 36 (3).JPG
The Signature soaps i have in the den are all brilliant, today i used the Coria which is becoming a favourite scent.
I had a really enjoyable face lather from the soap and Chubby synth, the brush holding lots of lather from very little loading, i also remove the remnants of the mixed soap and dab the "tin's wet croap" around the face with my finger.
Today i used the 2nd Kropp of the set and decided to start with my left hand, the first strokes had me thinking this one was not as sharp as #1. however, once i had switched hands the razor smoothed right out.
The second pass i carefully adjusted the angle i have with my left hand and all went well. 2 full WTG passes leaving me with a DFS result.
I am happy with that, i think it will be a while before i can get anywhere near BBS with a straight although i am happy that the finish i get is easily an acceptable shave for any occasion.
A rub of the Alum block told me things are improving with just a little indication under the nose and a small area on the LH side of the neck.
A very nice post shave finishing everything off.
Feeling and smelling pretty good after that effort.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.

07/09/20
Shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap: Signature Soap Coria
Razor: Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd. The Kropp 6/8th #2
Blade: @Shavers Delight
Post shave: Alum Block, Cold water Rinse, TC's Bay Rum splash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
View attachment 59194
The Signature soaps i have in the den are all brilliant, today i used the Coria which is becoming a favourite scent.
I had a really enjoyable face lather from the soap and Chubby synth, the brush holding lots of lather from very little loading, i also remove the remnants of the mixed soap and dab the "tin's wet croap" around the face with my finger.
Today i used the 2nd Kropp of the set and decided to start with my left hand, the first strokes had me thinking this one was not as sharp as #1. however, once i had switched hands the razor smoothed right out.
The second pass i carefully adjusted the angle i have with my left hand and all went well. 2 full WTG passes leaving me with a DFS result.
I am happy with that, i think it will be a while before i can get anywhere near BBS with a straight although i am happy that the finish i get is easily an acceptable shave for any occasion.
A rub of the Alum block told me things are improving with just a little indication under the nose and a small area on the LH side of the neck.
A very nice post shave finishing everything off.
Feeling and smelling pretty good after that effort.
Stay Safe and enjoy your day All.
Thanks for your support
Regards Brian

Monday AM 2020-09-07
Labor Day
XCe6Lw9.jpg

Rooney Emillion 1 Porcelain Finest (24/51)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Colibri (L-Twist)
Schick Plus Platinum (4)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
6jpi2Qr.jpg

Day 7 of Signature September

Razor- Rex Ambassador
Blade- Rapira Platinum Lux
Brush- Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap- Signature Valentia
Post- Thayers Cucumber & Nivea sensitive balm

3 passes and a really nice shave. This blade is one of the vast selection @pjgh sent me and this is another one that gets the thumbs up. Done the job with ease although I don't think they're a blade I'd buy a large quantity of.

I have to admit when I seen the vetiver on the soap I was worried having used a vetiver soap before which I didn't like at all. Not this one. Maybe the other scents are more dominant just. Another good performer.

An all round nice shave :)

Have a good night one and all.
20200907_143241-01.jpeg

Monday, 7 September 2020

PreShave: Warm to hot water—most from the boiled kettle, some from the tap
Cream: TOBS Platinum Collection
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled T&H cream bowl
Razor: Futur
Blade Astra Platinum (3)
Post Shave: Alum

A nice smooth shave for a productive day of work; and happy Labo(u)r Day to the folks across the pond.

Good evening everyone, I hope you're all well.

Pre- Bloom water
Brush- Ex S Medium Jock
Soap- Wickhams Parma Violet
Razor- Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade- Gillette 7 O'clock Permasharp #2
Balm- Proraso Blue
Splash- Boots Fr

A little bit of feedback with the alum block this evening but nothing to worry about.
A bit of mixing with the scents tonight, I'm out of the Parma Violet Balm so went For a lucky dip from my stash.

Stay safe everyone, keep smiling.

C1B0274F-0D2B-4E75-AA73-3A833B0398F7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom