Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: 5/8 Vintage Wilkinson sword - Bovine bone Scales
Blade: @BillyJi1
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's Bay Rum Slash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
Wk 36 (4).JPG
The @BrianH Danum soap gave another great lather mixed in the Captains choice bowl with the Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo brush.
I completed 2 passes today a full WTG pass and an XTG/ATG mix, i picked up a tiny nick on my right cheek on the XTG pass using my left hand going from ear to nose, i knew straight away when it happened and it was down to poor angle, that was quickly sorted with the nic stick and it stopped as quickly as it started. A quick rub down with the Alum stone giving minor indications, the main source being the little nick.
The finish today is easily DFS+ with a little roughness on my top lip and under my bottom lip-line, i am really happy with it. More practice needed with my left hand. I don't think i will ever have the confidence for an ATG pass on the top lip.
A great post shave with the Barts Balm and OSP splash complimenting the soap.
Very Nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

08/09/20
Pre: Shower
Brush: Jayaruh #291
Soap: Signature Soap Danum
Razor: 5/8 Vintage Wilkinson sword - Bovine bone Scales
Blade: @BillyJi1
Post shave: Alum, Cold water Rinse, TC's Bay Rum Slash #1
Balm: Barts Balm Cinnamon & Patchouli Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: OSP Orange and Patchouli
View attachment 59232
The @BrianH Danum soap gave another great lather mixed in the Captains choice bowl with the Jayaruh #291 Tuxedo brush.
I completed 2 passes today a full WTG pass and an XTG/ATG mix, i picked up a tiny nick on my right cheek on the XTG pass using my left hand going from ear to nose, i knew straight away when it happened and it was down to poor angle, that was quickly sorted with the nic stick and it stopped as quickly as it started. A quick rub down with the Alum stone giving minor indications, the main source being the little nick.
The finish today is easily DFS+ with a little roughness on my top lip and under my bottom lip-line, i am really happy with it. More practice needed with my left hand. I don't think i will ever have the confidence for an ATG pass on the top lip.
A great post shave with the Barts Balm and OSP splash complimenting the soap.
Very Nice.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.
Thanks for your support
Regards Brian

PS-Proraso
Soap-Castle Forbes Lime
Brush-Turkish Mop
Blade-Feather
Razor-Parker Variant*
AS-Lavender water
AAS- Large Beefeater, tonic, clear ice in a giant Spanish copa.

* Got off to a bad start with this brand new Variant seemed to be pulling a bit (setting 3) and I doubt its the blade. Rather than mess about in the wet my Cobra was let loose to finish the job. I bought a pair of Cobras from ES many years ago and every time I use one it reminds of the crashed spaceship in Ridley Scotts "Alien"

I recently finished a puck of Muhle Sea Buckthorn soap that I had in my Old Spice mug and was looking for a replacement. I thought I'd try TGS Blueberry Grapes...

Software: Pre-shave wash with Glyce Lime soap | TGS Blueberry Grapes | Aqua Velva splash

Hardware: Razorock Starcraft synthetic | EJDE89 Gold | Gillette Nacet

DSC_1143.JPG

Nice scent from this soap. It does capture the blueberry essence and while it's not intense it's very pleasant and in some ways reminded me of the sort of 'sweetness' of Sea Buckthorn, which has long been a favourite of mine. Performance was good, but I wouldn't say exceptional. I did get a smooth 2.5 pass shave with little feedback from the alum.

If I overdid anything relating to the shave it was probably the photo vignette effect:rolleyes:

Have a great evening all:)(y)

Tuesday AM 2020-09-08
World Literacy Day
5JxwNSA.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Faux Horn Finest (22/52)
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood shaving cream
Carbon Damascus/R2
Schick Plus Platinum (5)
Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe aftershave
phx1is9.jpg

Back to the SE and I have no finer an SE in my collection than the Colonial General SS. I love my DE's but the General covers a lot real estate quickly and smoothly. My preferred AC blade is the Schick ProLine but the Feather Pro is also quite good in this razor and so so I loaded a fresh one today.

Soap of choice HetV Terre d'Henri which is a earthy scent and a blend of citrus and spice. One of my favourite soaps from HetV and it lathers quite well and provides a lovely slick shave. Plus for me is that they are a Canadian artisan and so extra points in my books. Wish they came in a larger size tub but today I used my Simpson Special in Best and had no issues loading up a healthy amount of soap despite its small size.

Lovely and easy three pass shave and BBS achieved. The General is just a fantastic shaver and the Feather was smooth and sharp. Just perfect. Finished off with the matching balm and some Guerlain L'Homme Ideal to keep to the scent profile. Excellent shave all around. Enjoy the day!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Feather Pro
Brush: Simpson Special 1
Lather: Henri et Victoria Terre d'Henri
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Terre d'Henri
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Musgo Real Original Cleansing Bar
Guerlain L'Homme Ideal
19548221-E8F5-4A70-9AAB-62C4A851EE36.jpeg

Sotd-08-09-20.jpg

Razor - Alu Karve - D plate
blade - Nacet (4)
soap - OSP Bay Rum
brush - Maseto - finest
post - witch hazel
a/s - Old Spice
balm - Proraso green
scent - Dior - Sauvage edt.

Waitress - can you help?

Yes - sir - is there a problem with your order?

Indeed - I think I asked for the large badger brush? :)

Enjoy yours - I.

Back
Top Bottom