SOTD Saturday 05th Sept to Friday 11th Sept 2020

6/9/20

Razor - Fat Handle Tech
Blade - German Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush - Zenith Euro X
Soap - Tabac
Post - Witch Hazel/Nivea Balm
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I saw some Wilk Swords on the bay and thought there was a possibility they might be the English made ones but that wasn't to be. I'd not used a German one since I started my DE shaving journey, and didn't take to them with much enthusiasm back then so thought it would be good to test one now my technique is far better and from today's encounter the experience wasn't a great one.

The blade itself was a very good and smooth one in the shave, I managed to get close shave and comfortable too aside from one thing - I managed to pick up quite a bit of irritation after the 1st pass and my face is still burning a few hours after the shave. I have a good suspicion that my face reacted badly to the blade's coating, something which is quite rare (only happened with one or two blades before) but there's no other component of the shave which my face could have reacted to.

Anyway gents, I hope you have a good Sunday.

Sun 6th Sept.

Stirling Syn. 26mm
P & B Citra Royale
Occams Enoch
Schick Proline [ 3 ]
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Some Razors take some time to get used to, and for me the Enoch is one of those. I have found it to be angle sensitive and I cannot always get it right, which seems to increase overall Shave Time. However I do like the feel of it during the Shave, and I am now getting consistently good close finishes.

View attachment 59137

I find those Titan milds make a difference with the Enoch making it less angle critical and less prone to ripping your face off if you get it wrong

SOTD 06/09: Wickham Soap Co. 1912 Club Cola : Carnavis & Richardson 26mm 2 band Badger : Above The Tie S2 : Gillette Red Stainless 98) : BBA Post Shave Balm

200906-SOTD.jpg

Today's theme was 'Say yes'

IMG_20200906_072311.jpg

Say yes to the Ikon B1 SB
Say yes to the Kai blade
Say yes to the Cadman Tuxedo brush
Say yes to Penhaligon's Bayolea soap
Say yes to Penhaligon's Bayolea splash

And say yes to a bloody excellent close shave with no weepers, cuts, nicks or anything else, so say yes to no blood.

Damn fine thread started by @Mike Smart as it reminded me there is always more than a cabinet full of SE razors, and there is in fact one or two DE's to go at. I will say (other than 'yes') no matter how much I love my SE's I still haven't found anything which gets closer and delivers like the Ikon. Say yes to Ikon B1's.

And say yes to some Japanese ladies.

'Oh my word, yes'

So it is over to the two girls who front (in every sense) the band 'Bed in'. A band I recently read as being as about as trashy, cheap and tacky as they come and a band who seem to be interested in showing more gusset than talent. Includes one horrendous guitar solo bordering on 'death to the guitar'. Enjoy? Ah whatever.

Last edited:
Good to see you back posting Pat and what a photo to return with!

Thanks Chris, it's been pretty hectic.we have twin daughters, one moved out two years ago and is in London and the other has now bought her own flat and will be leaving us the middle of this month. Guess who'll be doing all the decorating!!!.
The wife and I are now downsizing and have also sold our house and bought another, our moving date is for the 6th November.

Cheers ;)

Thanks Chris, it's been pretty hectic.we have twin daughters, one moved out two years ago and is in London and the other has now bought her own flat and will be leaving us the middle of this month. Guess who'll be doing all the decorating!!!.
The wife and I are now downsizing and have also sold our house and bought another, our moving date is for the 6th November.

Cheers ;)
Sounds like a busy time Pat and the start of a new chapter!

Cheers ;)

Congratulations on the new house

Cheers ;)
Good luck with it all Pat.

Back
Top Bottom