SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

I have some NOS Gillette Blades, I've never though it wise to use them thinking that they wouldn't be good after the passing years. Noticing you're using a NOS blade, I might give one a go.

________________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - TOBS Mr Taylor
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (3)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Back to using my preferred brand of cream today. Just fantastic, easy to lather and a great smooth comfortable shave. Good day to you.

View attachment 54287
I've even tried the old Blue Blades. The Darwin was better.

Now today's shave was setup and ready to go but I received a mail call yesterday and in it was a very minty Feather Professional Artist Club SS Kamisori. Cleaned it and sanitized yesterday and decided to give it a go today! Loaded up with a Feather Pro Guard blade. Of course the iKon SBS was on stand by as was the local trauma team. I have never used such a razor...ever.

Soap of the day TFS Rasozero Spiffero which is a minty scent. Very nice and slick. Treated myself to the pre-shave cream also which is more of the same minty goodness!

Well with a face full of lather and a bit of trepidation I set about my “straight” journey. First pass with the grain, both sides of the face and that left the cheeks almost done! What?! One pass?! Come on! Put it down and checked to make sure. Holy smokes was that close! No nicks, no weepers, no blood! Now let's not get cocky. Finished the underside of the chin and well let's just stop here. Very nice! Well I continued on with the iKon SBS through passes two and three but there wasn't a lot to do however, my neck wasn't up to the Kamisori just yet. So BBS overall. I will continue to use my Kamisori out the gate until I get the technique down.

Happy shaves all!
Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon SBS
Razor: Feather Professional AC SS Kamisori
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Spiffero
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Spiffero
Aftershave: Elvado Wild Mint Lime
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron
E3E1281C-12CF-409E-82F9-0BBA5A879F15.jpeg

Now today's shave was setup and ready to go but I received a mail call yesterday and in it was a very minty Feather Professional Artist Club SS Kamisori. Cleaned it and sanitized yesterday and decided to give it a go today! Loaded up with a Feather Pro Guard blade. Of course the iKon SBS was on stand by as was the local trauma team. I have never used such a razor...ever.

Soap of the day TFS Rasozero Spiffero which is a minty scent. Very nice and slick. Treated myself to the pre-shave cream also which is more of the same minty goodness!

Well with a face full of lather and a bit of trepidation I set about my “straight” journey. First pass with the grain, both sides of the face and that left the cheeks almost done! What?! One pass?! Come on! Put it down and checked to make sure. Holy smokes was that close! No nicks, no weepers, no blood! Now let's not get cocky. Finished the underside of the chin and well let's just stop here. Very nice! Well I continued on with the iKon SBS through passes two and three but there wasn't a lot to do however, my neck wasn't up to the Kamisori just yet. So BBS overall. I will continue to use my Kamisori out the gate until I get the technique down.

Happy shaves all!
Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: iKon SBS
Razor: Feather Professional AC SS Kamisori
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Pre-Shave: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Spiffero
Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing Rasozero Spiffero
Aftershave: Elvado Wild Mint Lime
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Bath & Body Works Citron
View attachment 54293

That is Ikons for you. There to dig you out when needed

Thursday AM 2020-05-07

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/UFO Little Titan
Schick Super Chromium (1)
Brooks Brothers aftershave

GBBYdmE.jpg

Date:- 08 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Fri 8th Red SOTD...
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 28mm Synthetic
Razor Game Changer .84-P SB 8th straight BP handle
Blade Silver Star 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Lemon Mix
Cella Balm
Excellent lather easily from combination of brush, bowl and cream. Nice eucalyptus scent. Overdid it...hahahaha
8th straight shave with the GC.84. Really enjoyed the feel of the BarberPole handle and the head...so slim and great for under the nose. Today pairing with the blade was good...almost did not feel the blade. Very smooth feel and because of that became a bit lax. 3 multiple pass as close as can be with 1 tiny weeper. Very happy and satisfied with the razor so far. Rating today a 9/10
20200508_072034.jpg
20200508_075538.jpg

08/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: AP Shave Co. 28mm SynBad
Soap: A&E Pamplemousse
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

IMG_20200507_114140.jpg

First use of an A&E soap today and the scent was lovely but it burnt my face. I've got another two to try that may not have the same issue but we shall see.

Fortunately the Hawk V3 and Proline combo is efficient enough to leave me looking presentable after a single pass.

Back
Top Bottom