razor - ATT Calypso M
blade - Kai - (1)
soap - Vitos eucalyptus - tallow
brush - Simpsons - Chubby 1 - best
post - witch hazel
a/s - Nivea Sensitive - Cool
balm - none needed
scent - ADP - Mirto de Panarea edp

Result - all good. The last week of the Calypso experiment - getting sharper as we went along - what's beyond Feather? - Kai blades - the harshest mistress of all. The razor coped admirably - as it has in my last twenty plus shaves - with any blade that I tossed in it. The ATT joins an elite group for me - razors that I have used for twenty or more shaves - in a row - quite happily - without thinking about it - there are only two others. Thanks to @Satanfriendly - for the blades - and more - at the end of the week - I shall temporarily retire the Calypso - a good lesson learned - get a decent razor and use it for an extended period - it improves my technique no end every time. Next week - a lovely - very lovely - new razor to me - might break out a vintage Aussie Spoiler to suit it. Enjoy great shaves - one and all - I.

Last edited:

SOTD : 7th May 2020.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source Cherry & Almond Shower Milk.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Face Lather.

Soap : Phoenix & Beau ~ Star Noir

Blade: Indian Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(4)

Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

The efficient smoothness of the indian gillette 7'0 clock sp matched up with the mild non-aggressive Tech S4

superbly resulting in a enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Boots ~ Fragrance Free Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 07 May 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Cuir et Epices
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Ball End Tech (0.56mm) 1946-50 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

Book 5 of 21.
902653.jpg

Aye Aye! Climb aboard and set your course for the North West and a shave with the theme 'Captain Fawcett and his adventures around Cape Hone'

IMG_20200505_212224.jpg

Bill's Bawkie - Long handled brass Hone
A pirate's blade - Feather
Tarbrush - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Pussers Vinolia - Captain Fawcett's Scappichio tallow based soap
Foo-foo juice - ADP Colonia Club

Avast ye, ye lilly livered landlubbers n'er 'Ave ye feeled the bracing chill of icy water splashing about yer face (except you cold water shavers of course) or the caress of angels cream being whipped by a tar brush. N'er have ye passed cold sharp steel over your leathery skin in a force 10 gale so as to keep yer 'ansome looks and countenance in front of a salty arsed crew. N'er.

Nearly 44 years as a seaman and neither have I. Nearly 44 years and it has taken this long to meet Captain Fawcett. Captain, meet Captain. Pleased to make your acquaintance Sir.

And yes I am

If ever a soap came presented in a pirates treasure chest, then this it. Beautifully presented and complete with a most exquisite metal 'seal'. Presentation says someone cares and someone does. Beyond the packaging the first hit is the scent. It really does have a nautical aroma and a healthy strong one at that. Hints of fig, bay rum and other heady coastal scented exotica (and most things at sea smell salty including the ship's compliment, but there is nothing exotic about them) fill the air. This has to be the most aromatic shaving soap I have met to date. Wow factor ten.

Takes a good bit of blooming, a good bit of water, a good dose of elbow grease and a good bit of patience but the results are incredibly rewarding. Top quality stuff here. A thick, silky and superbly satisfying lather. Whatever aroma arose from the tub has just multiplied and lasts far beyond the shave. Plenty of glide and a wonderful sense of soothing when all is finished.

A really really nice soap and a big thumbs up. Captain Fawcett we salute you

Around the Hone and I will have some of that Good Hope while at it. No problem and the Hone delivers just like any other time with a deft air of finesse which is quite an achievement considering it is of sufficient size to knock rivets in place. With a good wind in her sails she drift East West across Chin Point with consummate ease, steers her way around the Bay of Cheeks and tacks up the Neck Straits in a very timely and secure fashion. Aye, a bootiful piece of brass, bootiful.

To round off a most wonderful adventure a good splash of that Admiral Daniel Perrywinkle Colonial Club and off to meet those ladies who frequent the streets admiring the cracks in the pavement. Aye Aye. With the usual end of evening consequences

Have safe days you people who managed to get this far and the same for you who didn't.

And an old sea shanty to round off this shave with those pretty Japanese ladies 'Girlfriend'. Well it might be in Japan

Thursday

Phoenix and Beau Star Noir
PAA Atomic Rocket 26mm synth
Face lather
Merkur 37C
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (4)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
Fine Snake Bite after shave
Al-Rehab Silver EdP

All good today. Smelling nice too. Having used Creed's Silver Mountain Water previously, I found it an amazing fragrance, but it lasted as long as a Hitchcock cameo. Not worth it for the price, imo (not that this applies to all Creeds, you understand; Bois du Portugal lasts for ages on me and evolves through the wear).

Hence the al-Rehab knock off. Maybe a bit harsher than SMW, but definitely very similar to me. Plus, it lasts, guys; especially if you layer it with the oil.

A8E7924F-2E75-40C3-B325-01272B33D3C6.jpeg

Thu 7th SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm
Razor Game Changer.84 SB 7th use & using BarberPole Handle today
Blade Wetell SS 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Gatsby Splash
Enjoyable time using the brush for face lather. Not a dense brush but soft bristles, enough backbone and good handle. Love the soap scent very much.
Shave with GC.84 using BP handle feels good. Solid. Today paired with the blade while not bad but not as smooth. No weepers nor irritation though. 3 multiple passes with the most critical atg pass on jawline and under without any issues. From BBS to DFS result. Ice water postshave followed by Thayers feels great. Rating 9/10
20200507_073448.jpg
20200507_080952.jpg

07/05/20
Pre: Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Rocnel SE-P 316
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Floïd Balm
Aftershave: Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso

Wk 19 (7)a.jpg
3 Passes for a DFS+ finish.
No issues with the MDFRITW today, a very nice post shave and i am very much Mentholated & Energised.
Stay safe and enjoy your day.

NOS Darwin Cobalt Steel Blade
I have some NOS Gillette Blades, I've never though it wise to use them thinking that they wouldn't be good after the passing years. Noticing you're using a NOS blade, I might give one a go.

________________________________​

Pre - Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food
Cream - TOBS Mr Taylor
Brush - Trumpers best badger.
Razor - Merkur 34G
Blade - Wilkinson (3)
Post - Alum followed Trumpers Sandalwood Skin Food

Back to using my preferred brand of cream today. Just fantastic, easy to lather and a great smooth comfortable shave. Good day to you.

IMG_7595.JPG

Back
Top Bottom