SOTD : Saturday 02th May - Friday 0 May 2020

Today's shave:

rdt200508n7kql.jpg

- Wickham 1912 Magnum
- Alpha "El Gordo" Silvertip
- Alpha Outlaw with Sputnik blade
- Old Spice Original aftershave

:D

Third shave with the razor. Its prominent features are blade feel (somewhere between 3ONE6 and R41 for me, similar to Rockwell plate 5 or 6) and sound (quite a lot of feedback, actually). It often takes me a few shaves to get a BBS result with new razors, and I got rather close to it oday, so that's really not bad at all. I look forward to the next shave!

IMG_20200508_093410.jpg
SOTD 7th May
Pre - Welsh water
Soap - B&m Reserve Lavender
Brush - Yaqi Sagrada la Famillia
Razor - Gillette adjustable H-1
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue #1
Post - Barts Balm Lavender

First shave with newly acquired vintage Gillette adjustable. Great combo with the blade. Very, very smooth - actually had to check blade was loaded, and I've only ever felt like that with the Rockwell 6c - so high praise indeed.
Great lather from soap and brush combo, amazing scent, volume and slickness. Finished off the top performing Barts Lavender. A shave to remember.
Take care people and Stay safe. Best wishes to all.

08/05/20

Razor: RazoRock Hawk V3
Blade: Schick Proline (8)
Brush: AP Shave Co. 28mm SynBad
Soap: A&E Pamplemousse
Pre: Proraso Azur Lime
ASL: Proraso Green
ASB: Proraso Green

View attachment 54299

First use of an A&E soap today and the scent was lovely but it burnt my face. I've got another two to try that may not have the same issue but we shall see.

Fortunately the Hawk V3 and Proline combo is efficient enough to leave me looking presentable after a single pass.
How is the Brush Chris ?

08/05/20
VE Day shave.

Pre: Warm Shower
Brush: Alpha Outlaw Titanium G4 Synth
Soap: D. R. Harris Arlington
Razor: Occam's Classic V1 plate #2
Blade: Feather PB (4)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Bart's Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC

Wk 19 (8).JPG
I have really enjoyed using the Occam's this week, it was going on the "to go" list but has had a reprieve.
BBS Finish, feeling and smelling good.
Stay safe and enjoy your Day all.
My Uncle Douglas recounts some of his experiences from being a POW, held by the Japanese for around 3.5 years, including secretly being told of the landings at Normandy.
Douglas lived to over 100 yrs old and i was lucky enough to visit him in the Chelsea Hospital barracks before we lost him.

2017-11-05 15.09.18.png
A true hero of mine.
https://www.legasee.org.uk/veteran/douglas-hassell/

Last edited:
08/05/20
VE Day shave.

View attachment 54307
I have really enjoyed using the Occam's this week, it was going on the "to go" list but has had a reprieve.
My Uncle Douglas recounts some of his experiences from being a POW, held by the Japanese for around 3.5 years, including secretly being told of the landings at Normandy.
Douglas lived to over 100 yrs old and i was lucky enough to visit him in the Chelsea Hospital barracks before we lost him.

View attachment 54308
A true hero of mine.

Thank you for sharing Tony. I've only been able to watch the first two clips but they're very moving. An excellent reminder of the sacrifices others have made for us and it's great to see that Douglas' legacy can live on in these videos.

Friday

La Toja
RazoRock Plissoft 24mm synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (England, 1948)
Gillette Wilkinson Sword (5)
Thayer's Lavender and Aloe Vera
La Toja splash

I'm a big fan of the La Toja soap: the merest film spread on the bristles gives a fantastic lather and the urbane Tech provided an excellent shave. The GWS was still delivering too.

7D799327-9792-4E4F-B886-C57A32F7B3A1.jpeg

Fri 8th May

RazoRock 400. ES-Plissoft noir
Arko stick-grated
Occams - Enoch
Feather Pro [ 8 ]
Pitralon Original A/S Lotion

I have today completed 6th consecutive Shave with The Enoch, all being trouble free with a good finish. This has turned out to be a good buy for me after a few initial teething problems setting the blade. The Arko might not be a scent that people like, but it really produces an excellent lather to Shave with.

IMG_0727.jpg

08/05/20
VE Day shave.

View attachment 54307

View attachment 54308
A true hero of mine.

Tony,
Thanks for posting the above, lump in my throat watching it. The debt we owe his generation must never be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom