Prep: Shower with Baxter’s of California face scrub
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Astra SP, second use
Brush: Oumobrush Silvertip In a Handmade Bog Oak Handle
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Soap: Stirling Barbershop Puck
Aftershave: Tabac Original Cologne
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

A slightly harsher shave today, but that was my own fault for not using a preshave soap and because I went for a full 3 passes and this razor obviously is way more efficient than others I own so a second day of use would only require 2 passes. Regardless the only downside was a little alum sting so I still love my new toy! Have decided I need to revisit some samples I had and tried the Stirling Barbershop, smelt lovely but lathered poorly for some reason. Need to find a decent barbershop I enjoy and unfortunately even for a Stirling fan such as myself this isn’t it. Need more autumnal and winter soaps!

Last edited:
Sunday 3rd October
Zenith 506 - Hampfat No3 - Yaqi Katana - Euromax Platinum #2 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
bN8uNmN.jpg

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 3rd October 2021

Shave Score 9.90

PreShave: Hot Shower \ PAA The Cube 2.0 "Menthol" \ Tabac Shower Gel
PreShave: PAA The Cube 2.0 "Non-Menthol"
Soap: Vecchia Torino
Brush: Yaqi 26mm - Timber Wolf
Razor: Karve Aluminium (C)
Blade: Gillette Super Thin (2)
Post Shave ASL: Vecchia Torino
Post Shave Balm: Baxter’s
Post Shave Cologne/EDT: Vecchia Torino

Have a good Sunday all :)

Joe

0925FCE9-4E93-4F98-940A-973874AC5C05.jpeg

SOTD 03-Oct
DSC02380.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: DG Apogee
Razor: ATT G1
Blade: Blue Star (3)

Had to have a quick shave this morning but still fancied having a go with the Blue Star so pulled out the ATT, little chance of anything going wrong even if I throw it around my face. That was exactly the case in this instance, smooth shave, not as close as I would normally aim for but enough for a lazy Sunday.

The apogee is now the first DG that I've had that I could use daily, I usually find they are a little too heavy but this one isn't too in my face. Definitely a winner for me.

Hope everyone has a grand Sunday, off to prep Sunday roast with my 3 year old...wish me luck!

Cheers

Marc

Shocktober!

6202B730-5243-47D6-A04F-037099777A12.jpeg
1912 Window Scraper
Wooden Wood off Trees Boar
Lip Up Fatty
Auld Spice
Freshwood Balmer

Shock - good shave. Not there yet, not by a long chalk but I’m well along the road now. A wee bit top lip irritation but the Spice killed that dead. Could be closer under the jawline but again still pretty damn decent.

Heh, musta been good - I done did take me a picturegraph thing.

Sun 3rd October

Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick Type B1
Schick Proline ( 2 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

This early Schick is one of the Original Travelling Razors, and is an engineering gem. In addition to that it Shaves as well as more modern versions and better than some. Today was a good Shave, though I did not push it too much around the chin tip as I was wary of mishap.

7D025AD5-9E4B-4BEE-AEDE-B4EFD6A518FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Shocktober!

View attachment 77871
1912 Window Scraper
Wooden Wood off Trees Boar
Lip Up Fatty
Auld Spice
Freshwood Balmer

Shock - good shave. Not there yet, not by a long chalk but I’m well along the road now. A wee bit top lip irritation but the Spice killed that dead. Could be closer under the jawline but again still pretty damn decent.

Heh, musta been good - I done did take me a picturegraph thing.
I'm going to dig the Fat out during October and give it a run

SOTD 7.jpg

Soap - Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore
Brush - Vie-Long extra soft synthetic 24mm
Razor - Rockwell 6C ( #4 / 2 )
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic
A/S - Floid Mentolado Vigaroso
A/S Balm - Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa

Over the moon with this Vie Long brush. As the name suggests it is indeed a very soft knot but with more than enough backbone to create a great lather. I was looking for a soft synthetic with a bit less density than the brushes that I already own and this hit the mark perfectly.
3 pass shave plus pickups. Passes 1 & 2 (#4) , pass 3 and pickups ( #2 ).
Ultra smooth and comfortable shave today with the Rockwell / WS combo and the last couple of applications of soap was like spreading butter.
Superb.

Sunday AM 2021-10-03
National Bum Day
6fP3t3M.jpg

Rooney 3/3 Porcelain Finest (26/59)
Ralph Lauren Safari shaving soap (tallow)
Haircut & Shave P076-SB 17-4/Triad Aristocrat Black
Polsilver Super Iridium (12)
Ralph Lauren Safari aftershave (vintage)

An excellent slow shave on a rainy morning, with Baroque music on the radio (including Bobby McFerrin singing a cello part on a Vivaldi double concerto); Baroque music always seems, for some illogical reason, to fit the autumn season best. I enjoyed the Safari software, which definitely would be in the running for my desert island shave setup if I were to be so limited. And the blade, at the end of its life, was dragging in the H&S, which - although quite good - is probably the least smooth of my 10 razors. And before anyone jumps on me for using the politically incorrect term 'bum,' the cartoon is from a time when there were more clearly defined itinerant hoboes and bums...
VUiIA2B.jpg

Back
Top Bottom