SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

Sat 2nd October

RR 400. SE- Plissoft noir
P & B Spitfire
Schick F
NOS Schick S/S- Dutch ( 4 )
P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

The Type F is without doubt one of the nicest Schicks to hold during a Shave. Not the most aggressive of Razors, but is very capable of delivering a good close finish rather than an ultra close one.

E1B127E0-EA46-42F1-9C53-53D45B51FEDD.jpeg

Ch
An early welcome to the weekend shave in monochromatic tones themed 'Not in technocolour'

View attachment 77801

A shave based on early 20th century when someone stole all the coloured paint and the world only came in monochrome.

'I am trying to add some.colour here, but shit, it still comes out in black and white'

The not brass coloured Colonial General
Kai not pink blade
Wee Whiskey Barrel
Signature Soaps Londinium in original (and best) tin

A shave based around items which never fail to give wonderful shaves. This time being no different.

The only thing worth mentioning (and very boring at that) is I am quite sure the blades in this particular pack might be slightly larger than normal as they don't half feel very forward. The edge seems to meet skin earlier than I am used to. Fortunately no cuts, weepers or anything but a few warning signs.

Great turn out from the rest of the show and great results. Feeling ready for the weekend and I hope everyone has a smashing one while in mention.

And you can have a B&W Japanese girly video to see you out. One which at some point someone shouts out 'Found the coloured paint mate'

Do I love you all? Of course I do
Cheers Chris, May The Tin Be With You!

Saturday AM 2021-10-02
Peanuts Comic Day (launched on this date in 1950)
l3Zaz7I.jpg

Rooney Polo 2 Ivory Finest (28/60)
Martin de Candre shaving soap
Paradigm 17-4
Polsilver Super Iridium (11)
Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo aftershave
rJWWeKa.jpg

Saturday 2nd October

AM-JKLUxwOAQxIA4Bavhdaa3C-4EvEfN5UGESIY4W9XteqHmyKsJLkp-BqecxFV7-IUSAkzAaBttax1GLs3DzdQdyz1YisJWrVQ6k8gA2bRq41axJBnxRCCOz_M2_ZljUj1hk4JGyRNaKEUU_9MRfk_ocR-gWA=s800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Old Spice (Vintage) Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 Butterscotch w/Plissoft Noir 24mm
GEM Contour IIb
GEM by Personna Stainless (6)
Old Spice (Vintage) Aftershave

Well, that was one extreme to the other ...

After last night's shave with an early model Ever-Ready - the lather catcher from 1907 which is little more than a blade tacked to a slip of metal I might as well have just elastic banded the blade to the back of a spoon, tonight was the GEM Contour - a model I call the IIb as it's most definitely a II but has a speckled back and I believe it's one of the later of that model, so into the 1980s.

Gorgeous lather from the vintage Old Spice shaving soap, so easy to load, so easy to lather and provides a superb cushion and slip all these years on. It could actually be the best shaving soap (still just about) out there! Splash of the vintage juice to accompany and I am feeling very happy with myself.

Let's enjoy a period advert:

Sotd-02-10-21.jpg
This afternoon -

razor - Blackland Vector (on loan)
blade - Proline P30 (5)
brush - Semogue Torga boar
soap - Squadron - Group Captain's Blend - tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - none needed.

With the cast as listed - you couldn't go far wrong. The soap is my favourite take on a sweet pipe tobacco scent - the Australian soap base is refreshingly simple - there are only eight ingredients listed - but excellent for me. Very good shave today - enjoy yours - I.

Pre: hot shower
Soap: declaration grooming ? (Puzzle) - sample
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor stainless mongoose
Blade: feather AC pro (1)

best shave ever dare I say. Amazing 3 pass shave - so smooth and effortless. Definitely best one so far. I’m genuinely impressed with how well the ss mongoose shaves - even with feather pro on its first outing. Maybe it’s my perception being skewed but the razor felt around mid way on aggressiveness level. Definitely need to grab some feather super ac blades and try those in it.

Back
Top Bottom