SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

Sun 3rd SR SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Kaizen
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Red Imp 132
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Ariana & Evans Kaizen Splash
This soap scent is really nice. The lather is rich, creamy, and slick...perfect for the task.
The shave with this razor was nice. Silent, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a ccs to sas result & 1 red spot.
The aftershaves were terrific.
20211003_123541.jpg

SOTD : 3rd October 2021.

18.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Ingram Menthol Shave Cream.
Blade: Personna Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (D2)
Razor: Snmirn Adjustable. (settings)4-wtg,8,-atg,6,-pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Ingram Shave Cream & Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum was a wonderful combo making my Sunday shave a pleasurable experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

What's your initial verdict on the Hawk and Stirling, Jon?
Really impressed with the Hawk Chris, I didn’t find it hard to find the angle and it almost felt like I could be done in one pass. Razor looks nicer than I was expecting, especially the finish and that’s good for some like me who is superficial.

I wish I had tried Feather Pros in SE razors I’ve tried in the past to give a proper comparison. For me the hawk beats the vector with ease that I do know. Sterling soap was great, makes me wonder why I chase latest and greatest soap bases, there isn’t much difference between them all apart from maybe post shave.

X0yI73X.png

Last edited:
Really impressed with the Hawk Chris, I didn’t find it hard to find the angle and it almost felt like I could be done in one pass. Razor looks nicer than I was expecting, especially the finish and that’s good for some like me who is superficial.

I wish I had tried Feather Pros in SE razors I’ve tried in the past to give a proper comparison. For me the hawk beats the vector with ease that I do know. Sterling soap was great, makes me wonder why I chase latest and greatest soap bases, there isn’t much difference between them all apart from maybe post shave.
You have seen the light!

03/10/21
Pre - Shower, Cold water Face rinse
Brush - Semogue SOC TAJ Boar
Soap - OSP Dark Matter
Razor - Timeless Bronze 0.38
Blade - GSB (2)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - CK Be

Wk 40 (2).JPG
I love the look and feel of the Timeless Bronze, however, for me its a strange razor, i do believe because of the .38 gap i have been subconsciously using too much pressure, this, together with the weight has sometimes left me with a bit irritation on my cheeks. It sort of sneaks up giving no indication of how efficient it actually is.
I really wanted to tame it so today i was very mindful and took my time, using short strokes and letting the razor do the work i am so glad i did, probably the best shave i have had with this wonderfully made razor, rewarding me with a very close comfortable finish.:giggle:.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

03/10/2021 - OCtober

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer 0.68 OC
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Boti Captain 23mm
Soap: Proraso Wood & Spice

View attachment 77847
How do you find the proraso wood and spice? It smells very similar to red to me, not tried it out yet since I impulse bought
TABACtober-SE

Razor: Yaqi Katana
Blade: Derby ½
Brush: Zenith 507U XSE
Soap&AS: Tabac

sotd_046.jpg
Nice, love tabac! How do you find the yaqi katana? I've been tempted a couple of times. Does it take half de blades or se blades?

244172943_824290568245709_5443956541476323186_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Tabac
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: 1912 Deluxe
Blade: Personna Gem (3)

A week's worth of growth mown down with consummate ease by the Ever Ready. It's nice to realise I've tamed this razor after initially struggling to adapt - today felt natural and the finish backs this up. Tabac felt like the perfect accompaniment to this leisurely shave - back on the DE trail tomorrow as a working weekday setup returns......

Last edited:
The day out in Manchester shave themed 'One pass wonder'

Polish_20211002_210454677.jpg

5 second wonder - Ikon B1
Chinless wonder - Polsilver Lodz
Wonder woman - Yaqi Dandelion
Wonders never cease - MDC Fougere
I wondered lonely as a cloud ** - Czech and Speake 88

** Penned by William's very indecisive half brother Walter who never got beyond the first line of a potential piece of literate genius.

After a few weeks of SE's a welcome return to the ever efficient Ikon B1. A great exercise in lathering and a single pass follow up to an amazingly brilliant finish with minimum fuss and effort.

Is the B1 one of the finest razors to grace the planet? Probably

Have a wonderful week ahead you Super shavateers. Wishing all the best to you all, your families and friends.

And to @Rohleder and any other members of the Baby Metal fandom it is over to the phenomenon themselves and 'Catch me if you can'

Back
Top Bottom