SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

IMG_20211006_091225sm.jpg

I’m feeling limey for this next shave. So have dug out the Castle Forbes lime and will finish off with the matching balm.
I expect the usual high quality results from the Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353 and feather.

Razor: Giesen & Forsthoff Timor 1353
Blade: Feather (2)
Soap: Castle Forbes Lime
Brush: Yaqi Cavern Lake
Pre-shave: None
Post-shave: Castle Forbes Lime
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper

SOTD 8.jpg

Soap - Kent Shaving Soap
Brush - Vie Long extra soft synthetic 24mm
Razor - Blackland Blackbird
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic (2)
A/S - Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
A/S Balm - Lea 3 in 1

The Vie Long synthetic has quickly established itself as one of my favourites.
This is my first use of the Blackland Blackbird and it was a joy to behold.
It's a quality piece of precision engineering in both design and aesthetic presence and that quality is truly evident with the razor in hand.
Regarding performance, when trying a new razor for the first time I broke one of my own rules today by installing a blade that's not really a go-to. I had such a good shave with the WS blade last time I decided to use it again in the Blackbird today. I did however team it up with Kent soap which is one of my long standing go to soaps.
I could tell after the first couple of strokes with the razor that it was extremely efficient and although the edge of the safety guard is quite pronounced ( some might say sharp ) it was still very comfortable for me. The overall result was nothing short of stunning.
I'm keenly looking forward to trying some of my favourite blades in this razor over the next few weeks as I believe the results have the potential to be exceptional.
Finishing off with Epsilon A/S & Lea Balm just capped off another great shave.

9D34D5C0-D8B6-4F00-8FE7-7233328E7462.jpeg

SOTD: 06/10/2021

Razor: Tatara Masamune
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated, second use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Stirling Shadow Orchid Puck
Aftershave: Tom Ford Black Orchid EDT
Balm: Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba Balm

A lovely BBS shave, genuinely finding it hard to choose my favourites at the moment! A great autumnal scent and I just love this boar brush!

20211006_094206.jpg
SOTD 6th Oct
Brush - Omega S Brush 24mm
Soap - PAA John Frum
Razor- Merkur 37c Slant
Blad3 - Willy's Premium #1
Post - Bayliss & Harding Ginseng & Black Pepper
The brush seems to really whip up a lather with certain soaps - evidently the John Frum is one of those soaps - enough for 4 passes easily.
The Willy's blade was kindly gifted to me by LeeMaz and for an initial use it did impress me - very good for first 3 passes. I'm so glad I didn't offload this cracking little razor. I was starting to find it boring - but when boring means reliable, smooth and mild - I'm happy to still have the "boring" Slant still in the Den.
A very nice 3 passes in preparation for tonight's night shift.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

SOTD 06-Oct
View attachment 78004
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Et Tu
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Minora (2)

Grand shave this morning, really liking the ambassador, no regrets at this point in the slightest. Newly arrived C&H, another nice looking creation from Rob, definitely happy. I may be keeping a close eye on his new work again, especially with his recent foray metal in a set he did for Mammoth.

Hope everyone had a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
Fantastic looking brush! Congrats.

06/10/21
Pre - Pears Transparent Original Cold water face wash
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Osborne, Garrett & Co Ltd The Kropp 6/8th #1
Blade - Andrew @Shavers Delights
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
A/S - Avon Siege Cannon

Wk 40 (5).JPG
An easy 2 pass shave with a tiny nick on the top lip, quickly stemmed by the Nix-Stick.
This vintage splash is quite good, very old spicey type.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All

COOL razor ! Looks similar to a Cooper Monobilt. Any info on it ?
Tondeo has been around since 1928. Initially, they made razor blades, later scissors and hairdressing items.

Tondeo himself never made safety razors but, as I said, hair scissors and shavettes. But I have 4 different Tondeo safety razors myself. All of them are very special, of high quality and do not resemble any other safety razor.

I think that Tondeo had the safety razors made in small numbers. I don't know who the manufacturer was. However, I believe that it could be Apollo Solingen.

Tondeo has been around since 1928. Initially, they made razor blades, later scissors and hairdressing items.

Tondeo himself never made safety razors but, as I said, hair scissors and shavettes. But I have 4 different Tondeo safety razors myself. All of them are very special, of high quality and do not resemble any other safety razor.

I think that Tondeo had the safety razors made in small numbers. I don't know who the manufacturer was. However, I believe that it could be Apollo Solingen.

Thanks, the flip top is what made me think of the Monobilt by Cooper. Will watch the video, Thanks, nothing in the Waits book about them either.

Last edited:
Wednesday AM 2021-10-06
National Garlic Lovers Day
0yRNqve.jpg

Rooney Stubby 1 Porcelain Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB 0.95/Triad Aristocrat Brass & Stainless Steel
Schick Eversharp Super Stainless (Chrome) (3)
Chanel Platinum Égoïste aftershave
zs0S3VM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom