SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: SS Mongoose
Blade: AC Feather pro (4)
Lather: Wickham Soap Co. - Irish Fern - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

Another sample purge - Irish fern by wickhams is gone. Great scent and if I ever wonder about what soap to get - this one will be quite high on the list! Still yet to try shamrock tweed and citrus musk... they both sound interesting!

Irish fern... well all i get from this soap is nice, green soapy scent! Very nice I'd say. 3 passes with mongoose for a BBS finish. This razor doesn't feel very aggressive, however sure as heck is efficient! Paired with feather pro it makes a quick and easy job of the facial hair! Finished off with RazoRock XXX aftershave that delivered a bit of stinging around the face but nothing overkill.

Amazing.

Nice refreshing shave! Need to bring my game back up with posting SOTD's! Last few weeks or so it was a really poor performance on my side. Work is just being a pain - stressed out potentially more than I should be. I'll improve!

Wednesday 09.06.21 SOTD

udcF2yH.png

Timeless SS SLIM Edition OC / Polsilver
Oumo 26mm Lotus Manchuria SHD Badger
Barrister and Mann Oceana Soft Heart Base & AS

Wed 6 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Pearl OC on Yaqi Handle
Blade Derby Usta 3rd use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Iced Pineapple Splash
Terrific lather from this soap! An invigorating scent, cooling sensation, creamy and slick qualities...love it!
A very good shave with the razor and blade pairing! Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish without any issues. Aftershaves were terrific as well!
20211006_084605.jpg

Tuesday 5th October

Soap • SV Cosmo
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Classic Cobra (on loan)
Blade • Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink (3)
Post • L'Oréal Birch Sap Balm
Scent • Al Aneeq Oud Malaki Attar

Normal service resumed this evening following my disaster of a shave due to lack of prep on Sunday morning.
My fist time using a SV Soap, and I felt a bit cheated by the lack of scent. However, performance was good, and it seems capable of holding a lot of water and remained stable. Glide and protection were good too.
The Cobra behaved impeccably, paired with a Kai Pink on it's third use, and no blood was lost.
The Oud Malaki Attar arrived today, and so far I quite like it. Not too strong a Scent, so it doesn't project too much, which suits me as sometimes I like my scents to not always be obvious but personal.

I tried Cosmo too , and out of all the S.V.s it is the weakest scent , in fact mine seems to have lost it's scent almost completely which I have never had with any other S.V. soap. So interesting that you should find it lacked scent too.

244401019_597684634588379_2606304771769291969_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)

I recall being amazed how good the Mogno was for the price on first use. I still stand by that, but the Speick stick yesterday was as much of revelation!
Another simple, workday setup with minimal fuss and leaving me ample time to get sorted.

SOTD 06-Oct
DSC02396.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Et Tu
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Minora (2)

Grand shave this morning, really liking the ambassador, no regrets at this point in the slightest. Newly arrived C&H, another nice looking creation from Rob, definitely happy. I may be keeping a close eye on his new work again, especially with his recent foray metal in a set he did for Mammoth.

Hope everyone had a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Decided the slim should get another run out so I'm ready for the end of the month to get a perfect shave. Thought I'd go with a Gillette blade.
I'm honour of my work colleagues gathering to discuss satellites (noting I can't be bothered driving), I've used Apogee soap and splash hoping they are at the top of their game :)
First time in ages, I got a couple of blood spots - not even weepers - could be the settings I used. Stopped instantly by the splash and now I can't even tell they appeared. Shave rated as reasonably good!

Attachments

• IMG_20211006_082630__01.jpg
    IMG_20211006_082630__01.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 4
SOTD 06-Oct
View attachment 78004
Brush: C&H 'Strata Taper'
Soap: Et Tu
Razor: Rex Ambasador
Blade: Minora (2)

Grand shave this morning, really liking the ambassador, no regrets at this point in the slightest. Newly arrived C&H, another nice looking creation from Rob, definitely happy. I may be keeping a close eye on his new work again, especially with his recent foray metal in a set he did for Mammoth.

Hope everyone had a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc
curious to know the settings you use on the Ambassador! super nice brush!

curious to know the settings you use on the Ambassador! super nice brush!
Cheers man, definitely finding I like Robs style of wooden brush.

I'm still getting into the swing of it as it's still new to me, but I've been starting at 4.5 to 5 then half it at each pass. Whether that's the norm I have no idea, but seems to work well enough for me.

PreShave: Shower then Cube

Soap: Proraso Blue

Brush: Yaqi Heavy metal, 24mm synth

Razor: Rockwell 6S #2

Blade: Astra SP #3

Post Shave: Alum stick then Proraso Blue balm

DE Shave #17

Consecutive Bloodless shave #5 :)

I had an early start yesterday and didn't shave. By 2300 I was looking forward to a shave but decided to wait until this morning, so glad I did, another wonderful shave and feeling good.

I tried Cosmo too , and out of all the S.V.s it is the weakest scent , in fact mine seems to have lost it's scent almost completely which I have never had with any other S.V. soap. So interesting that you should find it lacked scent too.
Underwhelmed is what I was regarding scent really, Russ.
It had crossed my mind that perhaps it was supposed to be unscented.
I bought it based on how often it had featured in SOTD posts in the last few years.
Luckily, I got it free as I used a reward voucher from work to pay for it.

Wednesday October 6, 2021
Razor: IN Tarmax by Twhite
Blade: sChick
Brush: Turn & Shave Fanchurian
Soap: A&E Rèvolution
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,064

There may be a shave or 2 left in this soap, probably only 1. It's been a fun one for sure and hate to see it go. Still have the Stirling Deton-8 as a match for Spicebomb though. 2nd shave with the IN TARMAX and another great shave with it. I like this better than the original TARMAX which may just be the difference in an Injector blade versus a DE blade. The SE TARMAX is inbound so i may send this off to the next participant so as not to hold things up. I used setting 9 again which while shaving finds it's way to 10 which is fine. As Andy said it will bite you if you aren't paying attention on the atg pass. Got me the 1st shave for a little nick on my neck. No issues at all this shave as I was more attentive to stretching the floppy neck skin. Have a great day Everyone !
IMG_20211006_055918322_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom