SOTD: Saturday 02 to Friday 08 of October 2021

159AE26A-DB40-4B46-9217-18741AFBC2B8.jpegRazor = Feather AS-D2
Blade = Treet Platinum ( 3 )
Brush = Yaqi Atlantis 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Declaration Grooming Mayflower
Spash = Skin Bracer
Balm = Australian Bodycare Tea Tree

Second use of this soap tonight and i have to say the scent is fast becoming a favourite.
Again nothing to fault the shave at all and a perfectly acceptable 3 pass shave
Stay Safe
Boys

PreShave: Shower then Cube - unscented

Soap: TOBS Lavender

Brush: RR 400

Razor: Feather AS D2

Blade: Astra SP #1

Post Shave: Alum block then Castle Forbes Lavender balm

DE Shave #18

Shave #3 with the AS D2

There's something about this razor that really makes me want to use it. Despite the last, less than pleasing, shave with it, I've wanted to use it everytime I've entered the bathroom to shave. I resisted for five shaves and flushed with the sucess of those five, I decided to use it today.

A very satisfying shave but not a perfect one. one small weeper and one finger tip sized area of my top lip that is unhappy. The Alum gave me a sharper tingle than after my last shave but nowhere near the sting I was getting a few shaves ago. I'm already looking forward to my next shave. :)

C32A3484-DB4D-4F78-ADF8-42A1FC879C8C.jpeg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Razor: Feather AC DX folded wood handle
Blade: Feather pro (6)
Lather: Moon Soaps - Union - Soap
Post Shave: RazoRock - XXX - Aftershave

Second shave with the DX - finding it quite similar in technique to straights but not as smooth - also likes to bite way more. Not entirely sure whether it’s a keeper - will wait until my guarded blade pack is back from loan together with hawk v2 and try guarded blades in it. Same shave setup as yesterday - just the soap has changed - yesterday I’ve used Declaration grooming weinstrasse… not my type of scent!

near bbs both times but also a few weepers a first time and couple today. Definitely need to try the guarded one … if they won’t bring me satisfying enough results, I potentially might move this on and stick to straights

Fri 8 SOTD
Soap Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade Gillette Super Nacet 1st
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + B&M Cheshire Balm + 3 Frost Drops
Awesome qualities from the soap! Very nice aromatic scent...lather is rich, creamy, and slick too...
The shave with this razor paired with the blade was another excellent session. Easy, smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish without any issues. The aftershaves were awesome as well.
20211008_075254.jpg

Finish the week off. Went out for the first time in months, only had 4 pints of IPA and I've got a real hangover, must be all of this lockdown shit, it's ruined my tolerance and made me a lightweight! Thought I'd spice myself up!
Nacet is just perfect in the not NOS tech, superb shave despite the hangover!
The day can only get better!

Attachments

• IMG_20211007_150827__01.jpg
    IMG_20211007_150827__01.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
C9DE6DB7-4C6C-4B2E-9463-DA2C2D540556.jpeg
SOTD: 08/10/2021

Razor: Blackland Blackbird with long handle 1st try
Blade: Astra SP, 3rd use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix And Beau Trafalgar Aftershave
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Was slightly cautious as I’d heard P&B was a difficult one to lather but after a light bloom as recommended by @Slickster316 it was amazing and the zenith was overflowing with a thick lather that provides the most cushioned shave of the week! I wasn’t sure about the scent at first from the dry soap but it is a grower and something different in comparison to my usual citrus based favourites. It’s the salty north sea in a puck not for everyone I can see but it’s a keeper for me! Post shave feel was good as well, I will need to grab a few more and have a look at the scents they have available.
The long handle gave me a great shave but need more time with both before deciding which I prefer, great bbs smooth results today but can’t decide which handle I’ll stick with.
The splash is bracing and long lasting as well, I keep getting wafts throughout the day so far.
Have a great day everyone, the weekend is almost here!

SOTD 08-Oct
DSC02403.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop 26mm TGN Boar
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Blackland Sabre L2
Blade: GEM PTFE (2)

Good shave this morning, needed quick and close so went for the sabre, love this razor. Don't know what happened with the pic, the boar almost looks bleached.

Still haven't grabbed glue for the 3D lather catcher but I'll get some tomorrow and give it a bash. Its a fairly solid print so I'm looking forward to trying it.

Hope everyone has a cracking day and good start to the weekend.

Cheers

Marc

Friday OCtober 8, 2021
Razor: Bigelow & Parkin Travel Razor
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Trotter Handcraft DSotM (Dark Side of the Moon)
Soap: A&E Rèvolution
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: A&E Rèvolution Splash
Fragrance: Ethos Dragonsbeard EDP
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,066

IMG_20211007_212706658_HDR.jpg
Znj4QQuSGH8EL2rrSCvrMVGPOqtlj-ivuJsGwv3H5cK-n0Vkt0XJx-aWCvAl8sKknrme5EUqsqjCPmg7zBanS_AmLnYmeaA6J1_4MnovPaUMQp3MVNpCKSAoTu5pJfP6EaiDWgRiHPR3Js6pZ48i6_PkEmqoloynSixOcttUpeDyy2_1xsUdFif_g_NPQ1U8e0UjoroW8KnSRdrxceVGYxcUuD7r6A8KMB7PwzOqHh2aLr88ECLSRnCKQyoObqtWHci9ABgzYjjz3SYYuhlqw0EruAjLPBl3nCG6TKvLd_ki2ja_FwcNblwd2qKC4ViqtAPWSKedAE8o6lm-rtjs0jgs05F4A2WfuANXuQFa1PNY4PDwGN9RApHmDUUjWvQ4D9-E4-4Tunjt_zNCrPBqSYKZ9Vc4tnb4e7GLLCS7EVQKr8ibEBfTSlcyBK7hFZfi1_VahjKcqpthJFFzRo7lRz5kzWHYI4KDQyPGtM67cBEs1XHxNd5HdTn1Fnx3GUqZ0qJFduAjOyai25yNEKP-1KimvVU2dhS48rVpMUmwa9ChM7oZJzAjiFhT3sZcBJcVBsFZZKc1ceA9ZIiS1k9ErNBP2bzyeo56LIjWQbcMRRHM_VE31cn0jM_OQNhQwYqCilia4nXZawVThKy_3_Zo8WGW2BGm8LI2Z-Mo4ywg19777s5yJkwDRBCE69aMpfVA6724DBGBqI0eyKRSYtO9000Q=w433-h616-no

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom