SOTD Sat August 4 through to Fri the 10th

Hot shower with a good face scrub
NF Tubby 1
Proraso White
Weber DLC - Polisilver
Profs ASB

Cold water shave, was lovely and thorough as I had a few days growth. Next shaves going to try and see how I get on using my straight freshly back from Jamie.

RE: Acquisitions W/C Mon 6th - Sun 12th August

NotTheStig said:
Tabac shaving stick

I am impressed with the performance of the Tabac but lathered I really don't like the smell. I've left the lid off in the hope the smell diminishes a bit (a lot?).

Hey buddy, I got the answer,

Use the Arko stick along with it!!!! Now that would be yummy.

Simples

Hot shower,
Proraso pre shave
EJ Shaving Cream
Red tip
Gillette Platinum
Alum block
GFT Lime skin food.

BBS, awesome.
One tiny tiny nick above the lip but gone with a rinse and not reopened.

No children or Mrs do help with a good shave as the concentration is where it should be!

RE: Acquisitions W/C Mon 6th - Sun 12th August

NotTheStig said:
Wasn't disappointed with the SFH shaving soap. Great smell and lathered easily. Good slickness and cushion.

i was looking at the scent from heaven soaps earlier in the year and didnt pull the trigger on them because i couldnt find any reviews or reference to them. i was fancying the old spice and brut smell alikes, i may have a dabble now. im such a follower :)

evening shave

hot shower trumpers sandalwood soap BK8 brush

Slim Adjustable on 5 with treet dura shapre blade (2)

3 pass wtg/xtg and atg
alu and nivea Q10 balm

first week with different blade from 7am sharp yellow enjoying it alot goes well with this razor just see how long it lasts for

Thursday evening: shave of the day, plus a new acquisition ! "dalan d'men cream" from Turkey. Had read about the soap a while back but was just able to find it. Very nice product.
Switch back to a DE tonite.
Razor: Gillette SS red tip B-1
Blade: RAPIRA
Brush: Horse #6
Alum
Soap: dalan d'men cream
AS: Clubman
Balm: Barbasol Pacific Rush
Everything worked well together![attachment=5314]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344566568.554621.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344566568.554621.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 20
Morning,

Hot Shower prep
Proraso Pre/Post Green
Palmolive Cream
EJ DE89 with 7 O'clock Platinum Blue(2)
Vulfix 404
Speick A/S
Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta Edt

3 Pass Very smooth result.

Have a nice weekend.

Re: RE: Acquisitions W/C Mon 6th - Sun 12th August

isaiah53 said:
NotTheStig said:
Wasn't disappointed with the SFH shaving soap. Great smell and lathered easily. Good slickness and cushion.

i was looking at the scent from heaven soaps earlier in the year and didnt pull the trigger on them because i couldnt find any reviews or reference to them. i was fancying the old spice and brut smell alikes, i may have a dabble now. im such a follower :)
Cheap (in the UK), easy to lather, good slickness and cushion and I left the lather on a bit longer today and it didn't dry out much at all (very dry air indoors). No fancy packaging to pay for. Well worth of if you get cheap shipping

The smells are really good, too.

Friday

Gillette NEW
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Proraso Pre-Shave (the new, sensitive one)
Scent From Heaven Lime Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Nice.

Ian

SFH Issey Miyake-style shaving soap
Fatboy on 6, 4, 9 with Astra Superior Platinum
Henk silvertip walnut brush
SFH Lacostye-style aftershave balm

Haven't used this blade for a while. Wasn't disappointed. To get close under the jaw I dialled up to 9 and with a very creful touch I got BBS on most of it. There were a few very mild weepers there which disappeared after a splash of water and no soreness. Great result.

SFH is Scent From Heaven, an online store based in Wales I've recently started using. They do quite a range of toiletry stuff and I've ordered twice from there. They do a wide selection of fragrances and I've been using their 'smells like' designer recreations in shaving soap, EDT, shampoo bar, shower gel and aftershave balm. I've tried six now and they're a very good likeness and very cheap. I'm not going to plug them too much!

If I'm using my phone it corrects my input of "SFH" to "Scent from Heaven" but right now I'm using a PC.

Back
Top Bottom