SOTD Sat August 4 through to Fri the 10th

29qgjr7.jpg

Pre Prep + Tati Romero-lanolina soap + Semogue 1335 + UFO U2 "Long" with Gillette Tech head and Perma-sharp #2 + Myrsol Agua Balsámica with LEA balm

A smooth shave gentlemen, although this Tech head is too "soft" for my "hard" beard.

Cheers!

Day off work today, so had a nice leasurely shave.

Vitos pre-shave
Zuri 1950s scent soap
Semogue SOC Boar
Feather Artist Club SS
Pro Guard Blade
TOBS Shaving Shop AS

Really nice shave. I can't see myself using a blade other than the Pro Guard, I get a really nice shave with it. Having said that as I have Pro blades too I'll probably give them another try some time, you know what it's like!

Attachments

• IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 10
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage unknown horn handle badger
1963 Slim/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Dior 'Eau Sauvage' EdT (old juice)

Wanted to try this razor out before sending it to the UK. Can't remember the last time I used one of these.

Worked out fine.......adjuster is perfect and the blade gap is good. Nice little razor.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold
Razor: ERN 13/16" "Crown & Sword", extra hollow
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: Trumper's Eucris
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger

Like most of my trad straights, a wee bit tuggy, but a nice shave. Must have a play with the stone I got recently soon.

Good soak in shower and loreal face wash
Mergress Xl Gillette bleue extra blade set on 3.
TOBS shaving shop cream Kent bk4 brush
2 passes wtg and xtg and atg on neck
Allum and a splash of selin to finish

Pre shave - Mike's Peppermint+Rosemary Shaving soap
Razor - Filarmonic SubCero #12
Strop - 3" Snake, Shell Cordovan & Genuine Linen Hanging Razor Strop
Brush - New Forest Tubby 1 Finest Silvertip
Soap - Mike's Unscented
A/S - Boots Witch Hazel gel followed by Prof Blighty's English Oak A/S Splash

mmm, DFS..... ;)

8-8-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Origin Best Gold Steel in Ebony restored by UKRob (and my stupidity corrected by Dr Rick :mad: )
New Forest Tubby 1 finest silver tip in Tigris Perla
Palmolive Classic Shaving Soap
Nivea Replenishing balm

Ahhh - thats better

9-8-12

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Supermax Stainless (1)
Neep #1214 - Aztec Leopard Skin Jasper
Nanny's Gentleman's shaving soap - French Lavender
Nivea Replenishing balm

FRIDAY EVENING

Eclipse Red Ring
Gillette 365 (1)
Culmak Junior brush
La Toja stick
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Hmmm, what do they say about meeting your heroes?

Admittedly I am in a hard water area, so I need to try this with the soft Devon water.

Only my first go with the Eclipse but first impressions are it's pretty aggressive. I got a very close shave but quite a few weepers which I had to close with a styptic pencil.

I'll reserve my full judgement until I've used it for a bit but so far I would say the HD Rocket I've got in my travel kit is more effective overall.

Tall_Paul said:
FRIDAY EVENING

Eclipse Red Ring

Hmmm, what do they say about meeting your heroes?

Only my first go with the Eclipse but first impressions are it's pretty aggressive. I got a very close shave but quite a few weepers which I had to close with a styptic pencil.

I'll reserve my full judgement until I've used it for a bit but so far I would say the HD Rocket I've got in my travel kit is more effective overall.

What's doin buddy,

I saw them Eclipse pics, and you qualify for the Deal o' the Day with that thing. Heh, was the case closed when you first saw it? Knowing what was in it musta given you a slight case of the spins, followed by extreme silverback relief. Great shape....I envy you.

Heh, shavewise, give it a few more times to figure out. Tony lent me his a while back, but I never did quite become one with it's universe. Purty though.

Congrats on a great addition to your shaving arsenal (and for getting that huge bastard of a yammering monkey off your back).

Monty

dodgy said:
What's doin buddy,

I saw them Eclipse pics, and you qualify for the Deal o' the Day with that thing. Heh, was the case closed when you first saw it? Knowing what was in it musta given you a slight case of the spins, followed by extreme silverback relief. Great shape....I envy you.

Heh, shavewise, give it a few more times to figure out. Tony lent me his a while back, but I never did quite become one with it's universe. Purty though.

Congrats on a great addition to your shaving arsenal (and for getting that huge bastard of a yammering monkey off your back).

Monty

Thanks Martin

It's a real relief to offload this monkey, as you can probably imagine. It's been whispering sweet nothings in my ear for a long time now.

I'm actually monkey free today. It's a really liberating feeling!

Back
Top Bottom