SOTD Sat 22nd Sept to Frid 28th Sept 2012 ...

RE: SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

v4nd7b.jpg

stick Valobra soap + Omega 31052 + UFO U2 Long with Gillette New and Astra verde #2 + Provence Santé splash + Proraso balm

A calming, smooth sunday shave gentlemen!

Cheers!

Last night after work:

Hot shower

Weber DLC with Super Iridium blade, goodness knows how many shaves now, I lost count.
Cella soap lathered with New Forest brush

Two passes, touchups on the jawline

Floris Elite ASL, Nivea sensitive ASB

decent shave, nothing spectacular. The Iridium's performance is slowly dropping off - just becoming less effective but not causing irritation or nicks, bizarrely enough. Binned it after the shave.

Sunday:

Cella
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM blade (6)
Barbershop Bay Rum

Haven't shaved since Friday morning. Streamline mowed through the stubble with no dramas. The GEM blade is still going strong on it's sixth shave, no sign of any dulling. Finished off with Steve's Bay Rum...bloody marvellous shave!

Bulldog face wash for men.
Muhle 89 with Personna red #2.
Simpsons Wee Scot.
Tobs St James shaving cream.
James Bronnley for men afterhave.
James Bronnley for men EDT

Nice shave today, have not used the Wee Scot brush for a long time, it is definitely not a novelty brush, plenty of lather produced & easy to apply under the nose without lather going everywhere !

dodgy said:
Glad you found the juice amusing. I believe it dates from the 1980s and yeah, it's held up well over the years.

The first squirt's free, but the next one's gonna cost you. By now, you can see it's addictive nature, but not much you can do about it. Luckily I have a small stash and of course I'm willing ti share.

Please send me $90, which will guarantee you a generous 3mm decant. Yes, that's for a full 1/10 ounce! Heh, use the pm feature if you'd like an ounce or two.

Your new best friend,

Martin

Martin, you naughty man! You're almost as bad as a playground crack dealer. Draws me in with his wares then strips my soul with addiction, I just don't know. Darn lovely bottle too, not like the boat-less one of today. Anyway, I've prepared for the juice's demise and have samples of Hyperion & Coviello colognes on the way from the potions master, Professor Blighty. I'm thinking the Hyperion with the rum, coconut, vanilla and ginger would be a good follow on from Steve's Barbershop Bay Rum which I await with the anticipation of a kid on Christmas Eve.

Today's shave:

Gillette Rocket HD with BIC chrome blade
EJ super badger brush in ivory medium size
Ingram quality lather shave
Superdrug forest fresh AS
Astral Cream
Vintage Shulton Old Spice cologne

Completely irritation free but not as close as I'd like on areas of my neck but pretty good nonetheless. BBS elsewhere and still loving the Ingrams. My brother popped round for dinner last night and left with my EJ DE89L, my Vulfix Bodger and a tube of Ingrams with instructions to watch mantic59 and geofatboy on You Tube. Another convert hopefully.

Oversaturn, that vintage Merkur Progress with the paler looking plastic knob, red numbering and better quality looking chrome is a thing of absolute beauty! I love it.

This morning I shaved with...

Hot towel prep
Cella soap/cream stuff
NF Tubby 1
Muhle Grande
Derby Blade
Alum
TOBS Mr Taylor aftershave balm
Mr Taylor aftershave lotion

I did 4 passes, and then a ton more on the awkward bits. Still didn't get a good shave. I don't believe derby blades will ever be sharp enough - I went back to them this morning because I have some left and I thought perhaps I could get more from them now. No, I can't. I'll try again once my bathroom is all sorted out and I'll go straight from a hot bath to a shave and see what happens. I still suspect I won't get a good shave out of one.

Halk said:
This morning I shaved with...

Derby Blade
I did 4 passes, and then a ton more on the awkward bits. Still didn't get a good shave. I don't believe derby blades will ever be sharp enough - I went back to them this morning because I have some left and I thought perhaps I could get more from them now. No, I can't. I'll try again once my bathroom is all sorted out and I'll go straight from a hot bath to a shave and see what happens. I still suspect I won't get a good shave out of one.

Hi there,

If it was me, I'd put those blades away forever. Too many other ones to sample that might fit you better. Some people do like those a good bit, but maybe you just ain't one of em. Heh, there's only so many shaves in a day.

Martin

Well, I should Martin, but I feel now that it's me vs Derby. I also note they're universally abused everywhere, so it appeals to get a decent shave out of them.

They're going away for a month or so until my bathroom is back up and running - I'm redoing it, and I suspect part of the reason was because of shaving... but mostly not :p

SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Sunday 23rd, prior to the members meeting of the Greek shaving forum in downtown Athens:

Merkur 33G & Perma Sharp Stainless (#1 and out)
Semogue 1470
"Quattro stagioni" soap mix in Greek yoghurt 500gr clay pot (Nanny's, Proraso, Cella, and one more which I do not remember now)
Aqua Velva Williams (French)

434d3c9487d451a81e47de2d2c9cc180_zps4280a232.jpg

Jenson did not win, oh well, pity but there's so much more in this life I guess.

Halk said:
Well, I should Martin, but I feel now that it's me vs Derby. I also note they're universally abused everywhere, so it appeals to get a decent shave out of them.

Heh, good enough then,

This is something you're gonna overcome by.......how? You maybe think as your technique improves or using a different razor will do the trick?

If I hadda pick a winner in this contest, it would be the Derby. But please, I welcome you proving me wrong.

Martin

Liz Earle Clense
Merkur 33c
Lab Blue
Liz Earle Shave Cream
EJ Best
Liz Earle ASB

Three different hotels in four days so mostly Liz Earle shaves.
All very good though.Try something new tomorrow now i am
back home for a few days.

dodgy said:
Halk said:

Heh, good enough then,

This is something you're gonna overcome by.......how? You maybe think as your technique improves or using a different razor will do the trick?

If I hadda pick a winner in this contest, it would be the Derby. But please, I welcome you proving me wrong.

Martin

Next time I'll be coming from the bath to shave. I'll apply pre-shave oil before I get out of the bath.

Next time I'll probably have a bit more of an aggressive setup going on.. along with the new heavy handle.

If it doesn't work then I can say it's the blade and know I'm right. If it does work then I win. :)

Sunday 09-23-12.

Afeitado_2012-09-233_zpsc7416eea.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue SOC 2 bands - Gillette Rocket 500 HD - Polsilver #4 - Pre JASÖN - Speick shaving cream - Alum block - Thayers Original - ASB Speick - ASL Aqua Velva.

Greetings

Sunday 23rd September 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog pruf
Blade: GEM Stainless Coated
Brush: Omega 39 Boar
Soap: Cella
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Balm

A lovely 'marzipan' shave!

Regards
Dick

SOTD Sat 22th Sept to Frid 28st Sept 2012 ...

Tried a superlather for the first time.

Proraso white/ Dr Harris Windsor
NF Tubby 1
Wever DLC - Polisilver stainless
Profs ASB mixed with 444

Was interesting! Nice and smooth, slightly tuggy on the third pass results some irritation on my neck.

Sunday morning

Preparation: Shower
Pre-shave soap: Musgo Real Glyce Lime
Soap: DR Harris Arlington
Brush: Butterscotch Duke 3
Razors: Dovo 6 / 8 straight "Best Quality" / Slim adjustable
Blade: SuperMax super plat #2

Back
Top Bottom