SOTD sat 21 july through to fri 27th july.

Shave tonight:

Preshave Proraso
MWF
Fatboy and an unbranded plain blade
Boots witch hazel
Sunburyboys Bay Rum

A cracking shave, having been using various creams of all types it was a pleasure to go back to the fat. It is my favourite soap/cream to use.

SOTD086.jpg

Steve Woodhead Bowl
Simpsons PJ3 Manchurian 
Vulfix Lavender Cream
DE blade: Atsra Keramic 
Face: Ikon OSS
Head: Merkur Slant & Boker 5/8
D R Harris Pink AS Milk

Result = great shave :)

Mama Bear's Lime Ice shaving soap
Wizamet w11 with Schick Super Chromium - 3rd use
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream

Did the job but wasn't especially close, got quite a few nicks round the mouth and quite sore. Going to rest the wizamet for a while.

Friday:

La Toja stick
Semogue SOC Boar
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SE blade (4)
TOBS Mr Taylors AS

Going to mates wedding today...nice and smooth.

Prep Clarins Exfoliating Cream
Razor Feather Artist Club - SS
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum & Witch Hazel
Neil's Yard Rose Moisturiser
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

I've forgotten how many shaves i've had using this Pro blade but it's certainly more than 10 and there's no sign of this blade slowing up yet, as always great shave from the Feather.

001-3.jpg

NotTheStig said:
I really would throw the Derbies in the bin!
Count of Undolpho said:
Burgundy said:
Gillette Slim Adjustable
Derby (2)
EJ black badger
La Toja shaving stick
Floris No 89

Hmm. Set the razor to 3 with yesterday's Derby in it. The razor's a joy to work with but I've not had a close shave today by any means. That could be to do with the low setting, the dull(ish) blade and me getting used to the razor - a combination of the three is most likely. Considering the variables'll otherwise be broadly the same, I'm not sure whether to dial up to 4. Or even stay at 3 above but change to 4+ below the jaw line. Choices...

I've started using 4 as a rule with maybe a dash of 5 under the chin 3 is great for learning but just doesn't get close enough for the effort you put in. I may even try 5 for the first pass when I've had time to get used to it on 4.
You're probably about right. Anyway, I shaved with the exact same set-up (set on #3 with a Derby blade (on its 3rd shave) and the shave's improved remarkably. I think it's quite a head-heavy razor so it's probably a case of letting the head do the work and concentrating on angles.

I've booked an impulsive (irresponsible?) flight to Glasgow and return from Inverness with 18 days' hiking/wild camping to fill in between from Sunday. I won't take the Slim but will bring along my trusty 34c, a pack of Derbys and my La Toja stick. The Derbys may eventually push me into losing my rag and just growing a beard but, hey, they need using up!

Friday

Merkur 39C
Gillette Platinum "Swede" Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Proraso Cream
Witch Hazel

The return of a couple of old favorites, this morning. Very nice indeed.

Ian

Proraso Pre/Post (Original formula)
Ikon S3S
Dorco 301 (1)
Neep Jubilee
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
Nivea Replenishing balm
Penhaligons Quercus Cologne

A nice close comfortable shave (we'll ignore the fact I managed to cut my nostril whilst doing under my nose! Alum soon stopped it) - great way to start the day

Today's shave

Dove soap/ hot face cloth prep

Rolls Razor
TI brush
Valbora shaving soap (thanks A Tebb)
Cold face cloth/ Geo.f.trumper skinfood to finish.

Result BSS WTG

I did want to shave with a straight, but it's strop maintenance time.

The Valbora soap's very good I am tempted to get some of that ( when my mountain of supply's runs low) :icon_cheesygrin:

Nuage shaving oil
Erasmic cream (new)
EJ pure badger
EJDE89L, Bolzano Superinox

Crap, worst in a long time. Few weepers and the odd nick. Own fault, allowed myself to start thinking about a work annoyance whilst I was shaving (usual thing - the incompetence and dilatoriness of others) and bore down without realising. By the time I noticed I was in a bad mood and didn't back off enough.

Back
Top Bottom