SOTD SAT 14th NOV TO FRI 20th NOV 2015

SOTD

It'll be my second Faena soap this week, Mastic Tree, no idea what the scent is but it reminds me of Greece? Can't be a bad thing seeing as to where the soap is made?

Performance is spot on and just like LPL in look and lather, should be a good week.

Faena Mastic Tree
Semogue 2000
Feather RG and Feater Professional blade
Alum
Witch hazel
Nivea creme

IMG_20151116_064635_1.jpg

vbD67fah.jpg

Shave & Scent of the day with:
Soap: Shannon's Soaps Lavender Ylang Ylang
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Razor: ATT Atlas R1
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel (3rd)
Post #1: Anthony After Shave Balm
Scent: Allure Homme Edition Blanche by Chanel

Refreshing & simple this morning!

Mon 16th Nov
Victoria PB
Lea Menthol Cream - Tail End
Gem OCMM
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Alum Rub /Myrsol Antesol
Have been on soaps lately , so decided to revisit some creams this week. I can only describe the shave as smooth and close , so good that I am tempted to push the blade one more time. Will also continue with the Creams , have a Nivea to try.

IMG_0028.jpg

Think i need some new kit as posting pretty much the same thing every time, lol.

Shower
Krampert's bay rum (sample - i need to find a uk supplier of this stuff that has it in stock)
Muhle r89
Feather blade
Lucky tiger menthol vanishing cream

Really took my time with this one as heard feather blades need to be treated with respect (well, i treat anything with the potential to sever an artery with nothing but the utmost respect anyway). Anyway, got a sample of Kramperts soap and my goodness (imho) this stuff is amazing. Managed to knock up the best lather i have ever managed in a matter of seconds rather than minutes and the smell is just devine, i really NEED to go on a mission to find a tub of this stuff in the UK. First pass with the feather and i was not overly impressed but i plodded on. Quick rinse, re-lather and second pass across the grain and wow! Talk about assertive, you could hear the thing slicing through those bristles with authority. Rinsed off and a quick feel, and i don't have thick facial hair anyway but there was no need for a third pass, just a quick touch up of a spt i had missed and bam, job done as they say. Was mightily impressed with this performance, going to try a Shark blade again next time as this shave was on a par with when i used one of those a week or so back and don't think i will be trying any other blades until i upgrade to an open-comb razor (or whatever the 'next step' is) but that's a little while away yet. So glad i came across this site as its opened my eyes and turned something i used to dread and put off until i looked like a hobo to something i always look forward to doing.

Reactions: p.b
Merkur 34c, Sputnik
Hand-carved Ash Boar
RSC Shave 2 Cream
Benjamin's Bay Rum
RSC Balm
Cella Eau de Lavande

Well, I just do not know! Whatever I did today, it wasn't my usual that's for sure. Almost harking back to the bad old days, my face is a tad sore and irritated. Must be off my game as it's not as if I'm a stranger to any of the products except the Cella which doesn't go on my face anyway. Second and third applications of balm required....:oops::rolleyes:

SOTD - Monday
Soap: Catie's Bubbles "Barnegat Bay"
Brush: Shavemac TSR-LE 24mm 2-band silvertip bulb
Razor: Mongoose Satin w/Jürgen Hempel Ti-thin-wave handle
Blade: Feather Pro (4)
Post: Thayer's witch hazel followed by UK Barbershop Bay Rum
This sample of CB-BB is nearly gone, It's been fun but I think this vegan soap dries my face a little.
The TSR brush is softening nicely and has some hooked tips now.

NSS Original Bamboo and Grape
Custom 24mm WD
iKon SB DLC
Gillette NOS Super Stainless [2]
Adidas Pure Game AS
Superdrug Moisturiser

The iKon SB has a bit too much bite for a daily shave, for me anyway, left a little raw felling today. I think I need to save it for 2+ days growth, as this is where it shines...

Back
Top Bottom