SOTD Sat 1.12.12 to Fri 7.12.12

dodgy said:
Mikael said:
Nooo ... Don't leave us Vinnie!! It'll be less "interesting" without you and I want to meat you, at the next TSR gathering

Jeez Mikey, I hope you whine that much when I bail outta here.

I may have read Vinnie's post wrong, but I believe his reference to the 'dark side' was cartridge razors. Yeah, for some reason I see him being a little more comfortable at TSR rather than B&B.

Here's a little song your plaintive post reminded me of. This was done by a famous 1960s Chicago band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KLpW9bu20

Type at you later
LOL I don't believe It martin you've just made me laugh with that song choice.

Good stuff. The Victorian strongman is staying but not using DEs. Fair dos.

Back on SOTD track now, my second shave today (this morning's Super Iridium was obviously almost dead as I had quite a bit of stubble by lunchtime today.

Crabtree and Evelyn Nomad shaving cream
Edwin Jagger boar (tortoiseshell)
Tech head with Haryali handle
Permasharp Supreme (NOS), third shave
TOBS Shaving Shop cologne

Very nice: DFS

Monday 3rd December

A Tale of Three Shaves

I was working Saturday night....and intended to have a special shave before going to War of the Worlds in Cardiff on Sunday night. the schedule changed so I found myself wit 30 min to get ready to go out. Consequently......

Quick shower
3P Pre/Post Cream
Feather Artist Club RG
Semogue 1800
Nannys Coriander with Goat's Milk Soap

A 1 pass DFS. Quick....but not to nasty!

Repeated this morning....as I slept in :-(

Home late this evening....I had the shave I had intended.

Hot shower and facial scrub
Proraso Pre/Post cream
Dovo Special 5/8
Rod Neep 26 x 47 in Extra Silvertip
Fitjar Lighthouse Bay Rum Shaving Cream
Unrefined Shea Butter
Yardley Citrus & Wood EDT
Morgans Classic Pomade

A superlative 3 pass shave!

Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Astra Super Platinum (3)
Semogue 1520 boar
Proraso green tub (old)
Proraso Lozione dopobarba
Penhaligon's English Fern

Edit: Reasonably close, easy shave. I love Proraso and that eucalyptus oil scent in particular. Some good work from my dependable little Semogue too. I had every intention of stretching the Astra to a few more shaves but, in reality, it'd had enough.

3p Pre Shave
Cella
Kent Bk4
Merkur 33c
Souplex Blade
Witch Hazel Gel.
Ok shave this morning not sure about this blade.
Nice and close but a bit like a Derby. Will give it a go
Again tomorrow.

Tuesday:

Nanny's French Lavender soap
Semogue OC Boar
Artist Club SS
Pro Guard blade
Witch Hazel
Prof Blighty's Green Ginger AS
Ck One EdT

Couple of quick passes with the Feather and I'm good to go.

Tuesday

Muhle R41
Gillette Platinum Swede Blade
Edwin Jagger Silvertip Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Shaving Soap
Thayer's Witch Hazel

Vinny; I read your post and didn't get the impression that you were leaving here, just leaving DE - fair enough. I'm more concerned by the fact that your Edit button has not been available for some time. Have you ever had an explaination for that?

Ian

Good to hear Vinnie's not leaving. But he may have second thoughts about staying if he reads Mikaels post again....

'I want to meat you'

ooooo eerrrrrr

;-)

Have a good day gents

Greetings

Tuesday 4th December 2012
Prep: Shower
Razor: Valet Autostrop Brit.
Blade: Feather SE
Brush: Vulfix 404 Mixed
Soap: Speick grated into a container

A truly great shave, the feather SE blades are superb, it is just a shame they are so expensive and so short lived.

This is my first try with a Spieck shave stick, I was tempted to try it as a result of all the superlatives that Helveticum uses to describe it; I have to say I found them not to be the least bit exaggerated. This has to be the creamiest soap I have ever used it can be brushed up to a super lather with the minimal of effort even with my hard water, it is nice and 'slippy' and leaves the skin feeling hydrated. As to scent , I don't think it really has any other than soap.

Regards
Dick.

DSC03679.JPG

dodgy said:
Jeez Mikey, I hope you whine that much when I bail outta here.

I may have read Vinnie's post wrong, but I believe his reference to the 'dark side' was cartridge razors. Yeah, for some reason I see him being a little more comfortable at TSR rather than B&B.

Here's a little song your plaintive post reminded me of. This was done by a famous 1960s Chicago band. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KLpW9bu20

Type at you later

Man, if I knew that I would have invited you sooner, but I'm afraid it would be like for these guys (for me/us on this side of the Pond), but exchange "bikes" to "razors".
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/yXhl6TOyq3k[/video]

Prep: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash, Hot towel, White Proraso Pre/Post
Soap: Palmolive Classic cream
Brush: Duke 3 Best
Razor: EJ DE89L (my only razor!)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge

Result: Shave felt good but neck started feeling irritated after a couple hours. Have to work on my technique and possibly go back to the Astras SP, as they feel smoother to me than the Gillette SharpEdge. Have some Rapiras Swedish Supersteel on order and hope they'll be just what I'm looking for...

Shit shave
Proraso pre post
Kent BK8
Proraso blue
Muhle R89 head/UFO U2
Proraso white ASB

Caught my lip which I haven't done forever an now it's bleeding like a bugger. And lather was too thin so not enough protection.

Today, a luxurious shave!

281hjyd.jpg

GFT Skinfood Sandalwood + GFT Coconut shaving cream + Kent BK8 Silvertip + Gillete Super Adjustable with Gillette Platinum

Yeah, shaving with warm lather is always a really pleasure... and with this superb cream + the "big brother" brush simply orgasmic!

Cheers!

joe mcclaine said:
D'oh! Looking at it, my post might have been misleading. Sorry.

Can't edit it though as I don't have an 'edit' button.

Not going to go running off to B&B, even if I wanted to - I'm banned (twice).

Was just saying ... it's been 5 years since I started on the merry-go-round of buying brushes, razors, blades, soaps, creams, aftershaves, colognes and while it has been interesting I'm pretty much back where I started as far as razor and foam goes.

I'm another who's glad you're sticking around Vinny, I'd miss your sometimes acerbic wit! As for going back to carts exclusively fair do's. Other than a dabble with a straight I've used DE / SE exclusively for 18 months now, but am coming round to the view that I should get myself a Sensor for those mornings when I just want/need a quick no fuss shave. Can't see me going back to the canned foam mind you.

Back
Top Bottom