SOTD 22nd to 28th October 2011

Musgo Real Shaving Soap stick
Dorko 15/16''
Semogue 1550 (no it's not for sale)
La Toja Aftershave balm

f24z5z.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Schick Platinum Plus with Teflon (NOS)
J. Peterman, 1903 SC
Hermes Eau de Cologne (vintage juice used as aftershave)
Hermes eau de Cologne

The J. Peterman called to me this morning. Been using this nce product for years and it's one of the few shaving creams in my rotation. Great classy fragrance, extremely easy to lather, and better than average performance. Third shave with this old blade and still going strong.

BBS results,

Martin

Just back from an overnight stay in Stratford after seeing Midsummer Night's Dream. Took a little Jagger travel brush and used a palmolive stick as intended. The brush is a bit floppy but it still produced a great lather - might give this stick lark another go.
The brush is the top one here:

http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/travel-brushes.html

FRIDAY!!

Autostrop
Feather SE
Penworks Finest
MEM SC
Sea of Spa ASB

[attachment=3685]

It has been a few days since I last shaved and there are a few events happening today at work and home, so I thought I had better shave. Because I have heavy growth, I brought out my ultimate whisker-wacker combo...the Valet and Feather SE. After 3 passes my face is as smooth as silk! The MEM cream did not dissapoint either. It is my favorite cream and leaves the face feeling healthy again! A good shave!

Attachments

• 2011-10-27_23-53-52_691.JPG
    2011-10-27_23-53-52_691.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
Friday

Gillette Fatboy with 7 o'clock yellow
EJ pure badger
Crabtree & Evelyn vintage pour homme soap.
Armani Acqua di Gio after shave balm

Nice close shave. Enjoing the pass around Fatboy.

Gillette Fatboy on 4 with Polsilver Stainless (2nd shave with this blade)
Glycerin as a pre-shave
D R Harris Marlborough with a dab of glycerin to help lather this hard cream
Proraso post-shave gloop

Close shave and smooth but soreness started to return even on setting 4. Turned it down to 2 but by now was on second pass so didn't remove any more stubble. Back to 4 and smothered in Proraso healing.

Friday:

Jagger de87
Iridium Super
Nanny's French Lavender
Nameless 2 band badger
C & E Sandalwood edt

The Iridium didn't feel quite as smooth and effective as it did yesterday in the Merkur HD, but did a fine job nonetheless. I still find that the de87 performs at its best for me when loaded with a Feather.

This brush never fails to impress me - gloriously soft tips and great backbone from the dense fan-shaped knot. In fact, I feel bad just listing it each time as 'nameless', so I'm going to give it a name. From now on it will be called 'Keith'.

:icon_biggrin:

sotd281011.jpg

Tall_Paul said:
IMAG0172.jpg

Woodhead scuttle
Proraso soap
Bull Mastiff deluxe with New head
Astra Platinum (1)
New Forest Superbadger
Witch Hazel
GFT Lime skin food

Very nice leisurely shave with the Bull Mastiff. Good little stubble mower. :icon_biggrin:

I have those exact same tiles in my bathroom.

Simpson Tulip
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Wilkinson Sword blade
Babershop Bay Rum

Another sub-par shave. I ditched the Gillette Super Thin after yesterday's poor effort, thought I'd try another WS after being pleasantly surprised by the first one. This one was crap, akin to a Derby. I've thrown it away, something different again tomorrow...

Pre : Shower
Razor : Merkur 11C
Blade : Merkur :icon_surprised:
Brush : Shavemac #177 Silvertip :icon_rolleyes:
Cream : Old spice Orginal
ASL : Old Spice

1319821451121.jpg

Razor:Kron Vest 14 Medalla Oro "Jaguar"
Strop:Ambrose Cordovan (20/60)
Preshave: Proraso pre
Brush:Shavemac silvertip
lather:Martin de Candre
AS: Alun Tadé
EdT:Loewe pour Homme
Comments: Hommage, humble but hommage to the expresso lover, our Mikael :tu, thanks for sharing those nice shots, My simple Krups it's not a very good expresso but I get good coffe for my breakfast, enough for me. I get good lather, furthermore, the best lather with this combination of silvertip and Martin de Candre,...My "little" 15/16 Kron Vest did not have problems to bring the panic in my beard,.... "no mercy" and smooth shave,....I trust the alum block as my aftershave, as in the past, and I am very satisfied with it, goes well to my skin. Loewe pour homme is a classic spanish scent, and I like it because my grandfather used it and I remember him whe I worn this cologne.
Picture:
PA280257.jpg

PA280256.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD 22nd to 28th October 2011

This morning, early as a dry run for next halfterm's shave and breakfast drill:

Bulldog face wash
Feather Artist Club RG
Feather ProGuard blade (5)
D.R. Harris almond soap (first use)
New Forest HMB
Bulldog ASB

Very taken with the soap - lathered quick and easy, worked well. Much more subtly scented than I expected, possibly since my previous almond experience was the Trumper's cream sample that was like being vigorously assaulted by a marzipan golem. In a good way.

Three full passes - face south, west, north, neck north, southwest, north again (ATG is west, veering northwest on the cheeks). Other than a nick (below the shaved area at the side of my neck) a near-perfect shave, clean, comfortable, and very very close.

I think tomorrow, when I'm not going out, I'll try a careful two-pass attempt and then see if it feels acceptable at early evening. If so two will do, if not it'll need to be three routinely with these blades.

Friday Night

Semogue 2000
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Black (3)
RazoRock Chianti Lavender Artisan Shaving Soap
Floid Vigiroso Aftershave
RazoRock Aftershave Wax

The Gillette black performed much better in the muhle than the futur.I only had the futur set at one but the astra sp blitzed my stubble compared to the Gillette black.

Mark

Well even if it wasn't a '48; the Aristocrat Jr 1949 was impressive. I had never used a Jr before and I have to say it was equal to or better than all of the super speeds that I've used in the past. Well built. (handle, like all of that style in the 40's was small for me). I was impressed with with it!!
Preshave: Proraso
Razor: British Aristocrat Jr 1949
Blade: Astra green
Soap: MWF
Brush: Badger
Aftershave: Old Spice original
Comfortable and clean shave.

Back
Top Bottom