SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

SOTD:
IMG20210919150354-01.jpeg
▫️Feather AC DX
▫️Feather Pro
▫️Trotter Handcrafts
▫️Tonka Bean Shave Co: Lilac Powder & Spice

SEptember
Another soap maker bites the dust! Although, it's time was short lived, the Tonka Bean Shave Company short ingredients list produced a fantastic soap base. Probably the best soap I've used to date for shaving with the DX. This soap oozes superlative slickness, and is really easy to load, exceptional stuff.

Prep: Face wash with Nivea face wash
Pre: Executive Shaving Pre shave oil
Razor: Mongoose
Blade: Schick Pro-line (8)
Brush: Razorock Barber 24mm
S Soap: Yaqi Green

New week same blade & razor but all very keen to try the Yaqi Green

A change of soap at the start of the week and not much of a different experience. I think I prefer the scent of the Green over the Blue I tried last week but in terms of the performance much is the same. Although the soap is delivering what you would expect from a good quality soap there's something missing about these Yaqi soaps. And can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe that's the reason why they were expelled from @Boycie83 emporium. Anyways I have another one to try but I don't think my opinion is going to change.

The Schick Pro line is holding well on it's eighth shave but sharpness and smoothness is starting to curb down. As it did before I am sure its going to get me to a double digit shave. The Mongoose is becoming more manoeuvrable as I get accustomed to its size.
As I am keeping to the same razor for a whole month I should maybe start 'A month with....' series. I'll see what time allows.

In the mean time, wishing you all a fantastic week!

SOTD.jpg

SOTD 20-Sep
DSC02277.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: DG/Mammoth/Otter Cerberus
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Astra SP (3)

Final shave with the OC today, actually mixed it up and tried the SB one side and the OC on the other, just on the WTG pass. I'm almost disappointed, I wanted to love this OC just because of the look, but the SB gives me the same finish but the OC takes a little more work for me. Thank you again @Scorpio93 for the loan, very much appreciated!

Only second use with the cerberus and first including the EDP. I wasn't sure initially but it grows on you, it's one I'd hold onto but probably not one I'd go out of my way to replace once it's done (even if it is available).

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

20 September

Signature Soaps Danum
Plisson synthetic
Gillette Adjustable E1
Gillette Silver Blue
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

1F705BA2-A721-4B4C-B7D5-4D0B33A4F452.jpeg

With reference to yesterday’s shave, same blade, same soap, same balm. I moved the blade to the Gillette Adjustable used on 5 for the first pass and 4 for the second. The whole shave was so much smoother and the finish was closer with no irritation. A big win for the Fatboy.

20210920_102602.jpg
SOTD 20th Sept
Brush - Yaqi Butterscotch 22mm Cashmere
Soap - WSP Gaelic Tweed
Razor - Merkur 37c Slant
Blade - Rockwell Swedish SS #3
Post - Lea 3in1 ASB
Smooth, efficient trouble-free 3 passes.
Great performance and stunning scent from WSP soap combined with smooth, mild and close enough finish in the Slant. Glad I'll be using this reliable razor in my rotation more often.
Take care all and enjoy your shaves.

A very nice collection of smaller brushes you have there I. They don't seem to get as much attention as their larger counterparts but I like them. A shame but there aren't many smaller non badgers out there, aside from a few things here and there.
Cheers - I think you are right - there isn't a huge choice of smaller brushes that aren't badger. A few wee Omega boars? The one second from front in the pic is a Vie-Long horse - a nice alternative which I'd recommend. - I.

Mon 20th September

Stirling Syn 26mm
L’ Occitane Cade soap
Schick E2- Canada- WW2 issue
Schick Proline ( 4 )
Floid Vigoroso A/S Lotion

My first use of this in a while as I mislaid it somehow, too many Razors !! Feels quite small after Vintage and modern AC/SEs. Though more strokes are required to clear an area, this E2 is smooth yet very effective. In fact the Shave was rather a “Face Stroker “, probably the best I have had in the last few days.

1FF4B831-7CC3-43F5-936B-EDB000572558.jpeg

20/09/21
SEptember
Pre - Cold water Face wash
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Signature Soap Hibernia
Razor - Ever Ready 1912, Peerless Deluxe set, 1951
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S (3)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Tester Barts F
A/S - Pinaud Whisky Woods
Wk38 -21 (3).JPG
Very close, very comfortable and very happy.

Stay safe and enjoy your day All

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom