SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

Sunday 19th SEptember
Anbbas Tux - Monsavon - Stoll Jr. 3D Lather Catcher - Gem Stainless Coated #1 - Cien X-Bolt A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
WvnZm8v.jpg

3B1512A5-8E0E-4145-88AB-6434D8A4D336.jpeg

SOTD: 09/19/2021

Razor: Hone 15
Blade: Astra SP, fourth use
Brush: Omega #625 silver tip badger
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented
Soap: A&E Monte Carlo
Post: Alum, Baxter’s aftershave balm and A&E Monte Carlo aftershave.

A great shave, even if I was in a rush and made the mistake of shaving for the 4th time with my Astra blade! Despite a little tugging, (the blades fault not the razor!) I got a DFS with the hone holding it together perfectly!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Sunday AM 2021-09-19
Huntrodds' (Coincidence) Day
T5vpmnT.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ebony Finest (26/52)
Proraso Red shaving cream
Haircut & Shave P075-SB Mixed Metal Black/Triad Pineapple Brass
Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
English Leather aftershave (vintage)

Shaving with this razor head is like driving a parcel delivery truck, but it gets me where I want to go. I don't know that it is underrated because I didn't look for posts about it, but I am always a little surprised, for some reason, at how good the lather of the Proraso cream is.
fexLjGZ.jpg

Sotd-17-09-21.jpg

This afternoon -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline (?6)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band
soap - Valobra tub
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut
balm - Weleda

I don't know why, but the longer I shave the more I reach for smaller and smaller knots. I couldn't tell you why that's the case. Thankfully if I fancy a 'wall of badger' moment there's plenty to choose from. The Cobra and Proline combo is continuing to be the world's least likely daily razor - but I cannot argue with the results - incredibly close but mild on the skin for me. Not everything you read about the Cobra is true - just most of it. :) Shave well one and all. - I.

View attachment 77138

This afternoon -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline (?6)
brush - Frank Shaving two-band
soap - Valobra tub
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut
balm - Weleda

I don't know why, but the longer I shave the more I reach for smaller and smaller knots. I couldn't tell you why that's the case. Thankfully if I fancy a 'wall of badger' moment there's plenty to choose from. The Cobra and Proline combo is continuing to be the world's least likely daily razor - but I cannot argue with the results - incredibly close but mild on the skin for me. Not everything you read about the Cobra is true - just most of it. :) Shave well one and all. - I.

A very nice collection of smaller brushes you have there I. They don't seem to get as much attention as their larger counterparts but I like them. A shame but there aren't many smaller non badgers out there, aside from a few things here and there.

Sunday 19th September

Soap • Hampshire Wool Fat No 1
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • ATT SE1 Aluminium
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (3)
Post • Superdrug Forest Fresh Aftershave

Getting to know the SE1, easy angle and well balanced.
Three shaves in, and each has been faultless.
It seems to suit this Protouch MG blade nicely.
This Inexpensive soap and post shave both perform well and suit my skin very well.

Last edited:
Mon 20 SR SOTD
Soap Stirling Evie
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Ribbon 1000
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Proraso Green Splash
This is a surprisingly pleasant scented soap with good strength too. As with most Stirling, the lather is just impeccable...creamy and slick for the job!
Today's shave with this razor was acceptable. The razor's edge is smooth but perhaps not as keen. Managed 3passes for a sas result without any issues. Aftershaves were icy and just great.
20210920_121201.jpg

Back
Top Bottom