SOTD: 18 of September to 24 of September of 2021

SOTD : 18th September 2021.

9.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root Shave Cream.
Blades: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. (D1) /Personna Gem modified PTFE. (D1)
Razors: (Face) Yaqi SE Katana. + (Head) Valet Auto Strop VC1.

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Baylis & Harding Sandalwood & Amber ASB./Oud 24 Hours EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend....After a two week run with my vintage SE razors I'll be using the Yaqi SE Katana with all my shaves.

After the comfortable shaves that i had with the Valet Auto Strop last week, out of curiosity, i tried doing a head shave with it.

The verdict?.....A very comfortable head shave, after my first few strokes i felt at ease, the fresh Gem PTFE cut through my head stubble with smooth mild efficiency...As with every razor i use for head shaving 'if it requires it or not' i rub my fingertips with a alum block which gives a good firm grip without the fear of the razor slipping from my hand whilst shaving and slicing my precious swede to pieces.

The Euromax Platinum half blades i find isn't an aggressive blade, but is a great matched with the very assertive katana making a smooth efficient duo.

The Maca Root shave cream never fails to provide a slick protective lather which was more than adequate for both shaves...Superb stuff!

A enjoyable near BBS face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few small squirts of Oud 24 Hours EDP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt210918uajpn.jpg

- Van der Lovett Dutch Blue
- Alpha "El Gordo" Silvertip
- 3ONE6 with Sputnik blade
- Tüff fresh aftershave

:)

SOTD 18-Sep
DSC02272.jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: DG Apogee
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Grand shave this morning, nice chilled 3 pass for a smooth finish. Not finding a massive difference with the OC plate compared to the SB but that may just be me. Either which way a good finish.

Ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking weekend.

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 18-Sep
View attachment 77018
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: C&H 'Longtown'
Soap: DG Apogee
Razor: Blackland Blackbird OC
Blade: Astra SP (2)

Grand shave this morning, nice chilled 3 pass for a smooth finish. Not finding a massive difference with the OC plate compared to the SB but that may just be me. Either which way a good finish.

Ready for the day ahead, hope everyone has a cracking weekend.

Cheers

Marc
Love the brush. I just ordered one that's very similar.

Polish_20210913_162055511_860x.jpg

Saturday 18th September

Soap • Ach Brito Mogno
Brush • Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor • Blackland Vector
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (10)
Post • Floid Mentally Vigorous
Scent • Creed Bois Du Portugal

A rather hectic shave this morning as my 'Shaving Buddy' Alexander (nearly 3 years old) was also in the bathroom, also having a morning shave (Futur, Razorock 400 & Mogno)
Lather everywhere except his face!!
The Kai Protouch is retired after 10 shaves. Not exactly dead, but performance wise not as keen.
Mogno lather was very creamy and slippy, and provided excellent glide.
Finished with Floid Mentally Vigorous and a generous application of Bois Du Portugal (now that I've sourced a 30ml decant of this lovely classic)

Enjoy your shaves and the weekend all

242251969_265773965243790_756475066315925587_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum Cream
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Parker 22R Interceptor
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)

After another few days living out of a suitcase it was nice have a leisurely shave at home! I've been using a Derby stick this week, but I just can't get along with it, which is a shame as Arko still holds a special place in my heart and I expected the same from the Derby.
Anyway, Bay Rum seemed perfect to cling on to the last remnants of the sunny weather, and this cream just paints itself on and has an awesome scent. Hopefully a couple of weeks of returning home to my own bed each night now - this travelling malarkey wears thin really quickly!

Sat 18 SOTD
Soap Stirling Gin & Tonic
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko Solingen 43 Near Wedge
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Clubman Gents Gin
Another excellent soap! The scent is abit mild but nice! The lather is just nicely creamy and slick...
Today's shave with this razor was very good and enjoyable. It was very smooth and comfortable in 3passes without any issues at all and the results are getting better...dfs+, some ccs/sas. Love the razor's feel & heft. Aftershaves were awesome as well!
20210918_170018.jpg

18 September

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
Razorock 400 Noir
ATT SE1 Calypso
Feather Professional
Pinaud Clubman VIBR

6F8D4D3F-0F4B-4589-B01C-AD3DDCFBDAF2.jpeg

A really close shave this morning. The aluminium SE1 is a very effective razor, two passes and I was done. I think the Blackland Vector provides a smoother, safer shave with the Feather blades though.

Sotd-18-09-21.jpg

Yesterday -

razor - Cobra Classic
blade - Proline (4)
brush - Tortoiseshell Wee Scot
soap - Haslinger - Sheep tallow
post - witch hazel
a/s - Brut (!)
balm - Floid
scent - Quorum edt.

Day four in the Cobra den - the paramedics are still on standby but as yet, not required. For some reason I found myself in one of those discount chemists - Savers? Saw the Brut aftershave for a very reasonable £2.50 and thought it worth a punt. It works just fine - charmingly retro - but I'm sure it smells different from the 70's stuff. My dad used to use it and I have very clear olfactory memories of it. No doubt the original had a some chemical in it that turns whales green or puts tits on snakes and is now banned in all countries except North Korea. I liked it in the way I like Old Spice or 4711 and I'll use it again. Well worth the money - they had another version in a clear bottle but I can't remember the name of it. Maybe try that as well. Shave well - cheers - I.

Back
Top Bottom